• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
- Horizon 2 will be the #1 showcase. In-engine teaser, "… see more at E3".

- Bluepoint's new game announced with a brief showcase for ray tracing. It's Demons' Souls and the glistening of armour looks incredible.

- Ratchet & Clank 2 trailer with gameplay. Looks like an actual Pixar film - exquisite environmental detail with lots of dynamic movement in the cityscape. Announced as a launch title. That's not all "… we're also working on a sequel to little game called Spider-Man". Very, very brief in-engine teaser of swinging through a next-gen New York.

- Gran Turismo (7/Sport Deluxe). We see direct feed of what has been shown on shaky camera and behind closed doors. It looks insane, another showcase with incredible detail and lighting.

- Some details on the enhancements we'll see from PS4 games.

- Some third-party stuff.

Aug 26, 2019
I don't understand why people think a PlayStation Meeting is a guarantee. Sony could go with an entirely different reveal format, the only precedence for the PlayStation Meeting is what they did in 2013. Sony in 2020 is a bit different of a company than they were in 2013, so anything can happen.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't understand why people think a PlayStation Meeting is a guarantee. Sony could go with an entirely different reveal format, the only precedence for the PlayStation Meeting is what they did in 2013. Sony in 2020 is a bit different of a company than they were in 2013, so anything can happen.
Because it worked absolutely amazingly for them?

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Kleegamefan said it's happening in Feb.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
If there's another February event i expect to see Horizon 2, Bluepoint's game, a major third party, and a new first party IP, and Godfall. i'd also expect to see ui and new system features along with specs. They don't need to do a complete blowout, would be nice to see the box and new controller (given).

the PS4 and PS5 are going to coexist nicely so i also wouldn't be surprised to see ps4 games there (gotta show off BC somehow right?) i think it's too early to show off the new PSVR system but i'd rather see it there than at E3.

also seems weird having an event in february when the first half of the year is so packed with great looking current gen games.

Dec 28, 2017
What playstation meeting? I don't find anything about it. Is this thread made from delusional speculations that pop up every day on era?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And I would be very disappointed because that would mean they cut corners somewhere to get to this price point. 500-600 or bust (pls don't start a a ten page price tag discussion anyone. This is only my preference)
I get you, I'm on board with the $500 price tag if it means getting a very powerful console from the get-go.

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon 2 has to be a lock.

I don't think they'll make release, but I can definitely see that game being already in heavy production.

Aug 26, 2019
Kleegamefan said it's happening in Feb.
Well if it happens then here are my expectations for what games are shown:

PS5 exclusives:

- Demon Souls announcement + gameplay (launch game)
- Ratchet and Clank announcement + gameplay (launch game)
- GT7 announcement + trailer (launch window game)
- Horizon 2 announcement + trailer (launch window game)
- One game from Japan Studio (launch game)

3rd Party:

- COD 2020 announcement + gameplay (I recall reading somewhere that this was getting announced earlier than expected)
- Assassin's Creed 2020 announcement + gameplay
- Diablo IV trailer
- Destiny 3 announcement + gameplay

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Ok let's dream:

Ridge Racer 8 (RIP)
Rubber Duck demo with 10000000x ducks
Knack 3 (Yup, you know it's going to happen)
Gran Turismo tech demo
Quantic Dream tech demo
Housemarque baby!
Final Fantasy Type 1 developed by Platinum (🙊)
Kojima Productions thing
Loco Roco

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Gabe on stage to announce Half-life Alyx for PSVR 2
  • Rocksteady announces new Batman game featuring Robert Pattinson and William Dafoe as Joker
  • Ubi shows Gods and Monsters in beautiful 8k graphics
  • Epic Games officially announces Fornite 2, free to stream on PS Now.
  • Camila Cabello introduces the new controller function: you can turn it into a microphone and play SingStar: Sony Artists
  • Sean Murray shows his next ambitious project collaborating with Jenova Chen to make a game about the company Sky

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think we'll get everything except the price and date. Microsoft have already shown all of their hardware, so there's little reason to hold off on showing the final hardware.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  • PS5 Event will happen in Q1 2020
  • Spider-Man 2
    • Playable Miles
    • Map expanded to Brooklyn & Queens
  • Street Fighter VI
    • Out Early 2021 for PS5/Xbox/PC
  • Batman: Arkham Legacy
  • Demon Souls Remake
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn 2
  • New IP
  • Price saved for E3 (it'll be $499)
  • More powerful than what's currently rumored
  • Fully backwards compatible with PS4, enhances PS4 games even further beyond the PS4 Pro for supported games

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is the most likely "big" launch window game IMO, and I wouldn't even be surprised if it makes launch, honestly.

Besides that I'd expect to see...

- A Ubisoft game or two (probably Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six or Assassin's Creed)
- Crash Bandicoot Four-Real This Time (you can use that, Activision)
- Street Fighter VI
- Batman: Beyond Arkham (I want a Batman Beyond-style thing, we'll get something more safe and boring)
- Confirmation that some games announced last E3 are actually PS5-bound (Tales of Arise etc.)

What I'd love to see, and within the bounds of possibility...

- Final Fantasy XVI
- Project Re: Fantasy
- Full Backwards Compatibility Reveal (even if this is a thing I'd expect it to be a press release thing at best)

What I'd love to see that'll never show...

- Persona 6
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 confirmation
- Judgment 2
- PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Melee

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
PLEASE

mWsnRID.png

JUST GIVE ME ROCKSTEADY
i know they ain't gonna show i KNOW, but a man can dream can't he?
I feel you :(

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I think the reveal will be a bit anticlimactic in comparison to Xbox but there will be a huge plot twist. They will either reveal they won't be at E3 but will hold their own PSX event at the same time or in July... or the patent of compatibility with all previous PS will be true.

In fact, they will probably only show older games, Bluepoint's and a random game. They'll save it all up for summer

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is the most likely "big" launch window game IMO, and I wouldn't even be surprised if it makes launch, honestly.

Besides that I'd expect to see...

- A Ubisoft game or two (probably Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six or Assassin's Creed)
- Crash Bandicoot Four-Real This Time (you can use that, Activision)
- Street Fighter VI
- Batman: Beyond Arkham (I want a Batman Beyond-style thing, we'll get something more safe and boring)
- Confirmation that some games announced last E3 are actually PS5-bound (Tales of Arise etc.)

What I'd love to see, and within the bounds of possibility...

- Final Fantasy XVI
- Project Re: Fantasy
- Full Backwards Compatibility Reveal (even if this is a thing I'd expect it to be a press release thing at best)

What I'd love to see that'll never show...

- Persona 6
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 confirmation
- Judgment 2
- PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Melee
If they get Will Friedle as Terry & Kevin Conroy as Bruce, bring on Batman: Beyond Arkham.

Also, thanks for backing me up with your SFVI prediction. I though I'd look crazy being the only one.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Which game will have the honor of surpassing that "first look" into Next Gen like Shadow Fall did:
source.gif

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Horizon 2 will be there but I think the honor should go to something more unexpected to have amazing graphics. We already know Horizon 2 is going to be bunkers based on Death Stranding's use of the engine.
Like imagine seeing Demon's Souls with those Deep Down visuals...

ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
HOW
HOW
HOW
HOW
HOW

FAST DO YOU WANNA GO!!!
giphy.gif

DriveClub 2 for PS5! :D Made by Evolution devs at Codemasters.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon 2 will be there but I think the honor should go to something more unexpected to have amazing graphics. We already know Horizon 2 is going to be bunkers based on Death Stranding's use of the engine.

Well in that case it would have to be a new AAA IP or IP revival.

Would be tough beating IPs known for strong graphics like Horzion 2, FFXVI etc. otherwise.

Feb 8, 2018
February is possible but also the easiest choice for a rumour. Things have changed in how details are revealed.
The event would definitely have in-engine stuff or even gameplay which doesn't mean all that much because things can be different in retail builds.

No particular expectations for it but should be fun if the console is shown too.

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A sequel for God of War would make my cry.

Also a Square teasing of the next mainline FF like they did with Versus/XV in 2013.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
  • Rough but not definite specs for the console
  • Demonstration of load times
  • Show off the box and controller and it's new features
  • Horizon 2
  • Bluepoint's Game
  • Diablo 4
  • Ratchet & Clank