• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.nytimes.com

E.U. May Bar American Travelers as It Reopens Borders, Citing Failures on Virus (Published 2020)

European Union officials are racing to agree on who can visit the bloc as of July 1 based on how countries of origin are faring with new coronavirus cases. Americans, so far, are excluded, according to draft lists seen by The New York Times.

European Union countries rushing to revive their economies and reopen their borders after months of coronavirus restrictions are prepared to block Americans from entering because the United States has failed to control the scourge, according to draft lists of acceptable travelers seen by The New York Times.

Sorry if this is old.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Not shocked. We closed borders within the EU before, when the situation went fucky, and frankly it'd be dangerous to just let a second EU wave sweep in over the Atlantic.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
My biggest fear over our bellend Boris is he's going to rollover and open the UK's shores to American tourism the second Trump glances his way, and shake hands with the second wave himself. So of course if the EU does this he won't. Fuccckkkkkkk.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I've been expecting this for a while. It should be done, and maybe it'll help drill into people's heads how serious this all still is.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
He should. We clearly can't be trusted to get this under control and it would be medical malpractice to allow potentially thousands of infected people (who, just by virtue of going on planes and through airports, can easily infect countless others before even landing in Europe) into countries that have suffered a lot to get to a point of containment.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest fear over our bellend Boris is he's going to rollover and open the UK's shores to American tourism the second Trump glances his way, and shake hands with the second wave himself. So of course if the EU does this he won't. Fuccckkkkkkk.
Of course we won't follow the EU and ban travel from the US. We don't believe in common sense...

We are British!

ps3ud0 8)

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
US resident with family in the EU and UK.

Unless the US makes some key changes, and soon, they absolutely should do this.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'd do it, too.

With states addressing the virus differently, I wouldn't be opposed to banning certain states from entering other states.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think states need to be banning air travel from other states.

States that actually have a good handle on COVID should absolutely be banning travel to/from AZ/FL/TX/CA right now.

I'm not sure if a governor actually has the power to do that.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I say do it.
The virus is completely out of control and we don't need to get imported cases.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They should. Our president & Republicans have made us a irresponsible people in this climate.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I know early on the Who was telling everyone that viruses know no borders and that banning travel wasn't effective. That was being said here in Canada too when people were calling for travel bans but the truth is it does matter and it does work.

Trump has given up trying to contain this so any country trying to keep safe needs to ban travel from the U.S.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
It's the right call. A massive amount of Americans have proven to be as stupid and selfish as the rest of the world already thought they were.

Thank you to all the selfish anti-science morons who refuse to wear a mask or social distance.

Dec 31, 2017
Not surprising. This fucking sucks. The average cases in the USA are back up to around 30 thousand per day. They never fucking dipped below 20,000.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Oh course now that I finally have means to travel... Can't blame them though.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
w9YFmCz.gif

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
We're fucking morons who let a minor face mask that could protect a lot of us become a partisan issue. Ban all of us, these dumb shits included. We can't be trusted to manage this correctly.