• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
I've played exclusively on consoles for like 15 years so yeah, the title says it all, whats the one game that can only be played on PC that I should give it a try??

Don't matter the genre, year of release or if its going to melt my pc, what should I play???

Last edited:

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'd have normally said Terraria and Minecraft but they're not exclusive anymore.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
First, I hope you're enjoying the new PC.

I can't really think of any PC exclusives that are must play these days. I'd maybe try something that is multiplayer and can be pushed graphically, like Division 2. Are you running 1080, 1440, or 4k?

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium if you enjoy story-based games and/or RPG's. One of (if not) the best written games out there.

Hellfire

May 26, 2019
Play game genres you wouldn't on console. These are 3 very different types of strategy game.

~Strategy/Action RPG sandbox
store.steampowered.com

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord on Steam

A strategy/action RPG. Create a character, engage in diplomacy, craft, trade and conquer new lands in a vast medieval sandbox. Raise armies to lead into battle and command and fight alongside your troops in massive real-time battles using a deep but intuitive skill-based combat system.

Grand Strategy with RPG elements
store.steampowered.com

Crusader Kings III on Steam

Love, fight, scheme, and claim greatness. Determine your noble house’s legacy in the sprawling grand strategy of Crusader Kings III. Death is only the beginning as you guide your dynasty’s bloodline in the rich and larger-than-life simulation of the Middle Ages.

Real time tactics with turn based strategy layer
store.steampowered.com

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS on Steam

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is the first in the award-winning series to recreate epic conflict across ancient China. Combining a gripping turn-based campaign of empire-building & conquest with stunning real-time battles, THREE KINGDOMS redefines the series in an age of heroes & legends.

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Valorant
Total War 3 Kingdoms
Disco Elysium
Mount & Blade 2
Microsoft Flight Simulator (GamePass)
Crusader Kings 3 (GamePass)
Factorio

Not exclusive but the best way to play:
Kerbal Space Program with mods
Skyrim with mods
Final Fantasy XIV
Subnautica

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If you like RPGs or good stories i'd suggest picking up Disco Elysium since it's still a PC exclusive.

store.steampowered.com

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut on Steam

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is a groundbreaking role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
If you like RPGs or good stories i'd suggest picking up Disco Elysium since it's still a PC exclusive.

store.steampowered.com

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut on Steam

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut is a groundbreaking role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.

That's 4 posts in a row with Disco Elysium, just sayin OP
100% this.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The best most mindlowing exclusive is Alyx but you need extra hardware for it.

Valorant, CSGO and Dota 2 are amazing if you're into multiplayer.

Play Hades if you don't have a switch.

Get a gamepass trial and try PC versions of many games you've already played, now looking and running much better. If you have a high refresh monitor everything will run so much better, it's a night and day difference. If so try the now free rocket league for example, so smooth.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
As someone who went from PS4 Pro/XSX to a PC with a 2080Ti and a 3900X in it? Don't play anything on PC you've already played on console. There's improvements, but outside of performance? It's literally just "nicer looking version of ____ game".

WITH THAT SAID: Play Control with RTX on if you can. Legitimate showcase for PC > Console.

OP
OP
emilioasis

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
Play game genres you wouldn't on console. These are 3 very different types of strategy game.

~Strategy/Action RPG sandbox
store.steampowered.com

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord on Steam

A strategy/action RPG. Create a character, engage in diplomacy, craft, trade and conquer new lands in a vast medieval sandbox. Raise armies to lead into battle and command and fight alongside your troops in massive real-time battles using a deep but intuitive skill-based combat system.

Grand Strategy with RPG elements
store.steampowered.com

Crusader Kings III on Steam

Love, fight, scheme, and claim greatness. Determine your noble house’s legacy in the sprawling grand strategy of Crusader Kings III. Death is only the beginning as you guide your dynasty’s bloodline in the rich and larger-than-life simulation of the Middle Ages.

Real time tactics with turn based strategy layer
store.steampowered.com

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS on Steam

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is the first in the award-winning series to recreate epic conflict across ancient China. Combining a gripping turn-based campaign of empire-building & conquest with stunning real-time battles, THREE KINGDOMS redefines the series in an age of heroes & legends.

Crusader Kings 3 is on Game Pass!! I think we have a winner

hersheyfan