• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excko

Oct 27, 2017
do you have a rod of amaryllis for Diene? Speedy Rod Diene + tanky angelica in the front is a great starting point for Wyvern. HP with speed boots and a prophetic candlestick is usually what you do if she's in the frontline. I use speed +HP on mine with Water's Origin, but I don't have a backup healer and it goes bad sometimes.
Yes I do have the Rod of Amaryllis. I'll stick it to Diene, and get a tanky Angelica. I'll just need to get a def break to survive and I should be good to go.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
God do I hate the enhancing system, why does everything go into Effect resistance %, lol :(

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wondering, are events ever rerun? Obviously Guilty Gear most likely won't be, but was looking at some of the side stories I've missed. Apparently there was a free 3* unit in one of them.

Also how often do older units get rate ups? When I started Ken was on rate up so was wondering if this is a thing that occurs often.
The Haste event is actually a re-run. I think so far we've only had re-runs of things that happened in KR before global launched(Haste/Krau/Luna I think that's it?), so it's hard to say when/if the Diene banner/sidestory (free 3* Bask) would come back.

As for old unit banners in the beginning they had several early on overlapping with new unit banners at launch then they disappeared until recently where they threw some old unit banners before the Collab.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Started playing again due to the Guilty Gear collab, got S. Rose from ML summons. Is she a good a tank for pve and pvp?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing again due to the Guilty Gear collab, got S. Rose from ML summons. Is she a good a tank for pve and pvp?

Build her for speed and she is the best CR pusher in the game for arena. I avoid her 100% in arena. She doesn't have as high base speed as some of the other CR pushers, so you have to be careful who you match up with, but she boosts your teams CR and pushes back the other teams CR in one move that also does damage. It's kind of nuts.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was stuck here too. She was a huge difficulty spike for me. Her unhealable debuff made life miserable. Pretty much stuck on her every time I met her. I ended up using @Mupod support, specifically Cidd. You can try some of my support characters if you like. They are as strong as some of the others here but they should help get you through tough spots.

Finally got her by using a level 60 Luna friend unit to just kill all of her friends. Once the buddies were dead she went down fairly quickly. Thank god that's over.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
God dammit guys.

I didn't even want them. I pulled only 3 times out of my stock for Easter and this is what I get. I was hoping for axe god or even ML Rin or Cdom if anything.

a5165303-7869-44b6-b3k8koc.png

Now I've gotta build them :/

I don't even want to touch Ass Cart, I already hate him so much in arena. Kind of hope they nerf him
I'd die if I ever get her!

Figs

Oct 27, 2017
I can semi-reliably (havent kept strict records but ~75%+ of runs are a success I'd say) auto W11 with Angelica 60/Luna 60/Crozet 50/Karin 50. So I don't think you necessarily need 4 60's for it (though that would certainly make it more reliable).

Would you mind sharing your team's stats/skills? I've been using the same foursome (at the same levels even) and I'm stuck at W10, so I'm curious how far off I am.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to all of you who have added me (ign: Ylijumala) as friend. With your max leveled units I managed to successfully clear Normal Haste last mission and been collecting event currency as much as possible in order to get some nice stuff. After this event ends Ill move to the GG event.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Holy crap, this game shot up to #5 Top Grossing on Google Play. The hell? Guilty Gear isn't exactly a top tier collaboration license, so what exactly happened here?

As someone who has a great memories of 2v2 Guild Battles in Dragon Blaze, does this game have anything to match that? I see it has "3v3 Guild Battles," but are they represented by 3 different player's units on each side, or is it just a solo affair?

If this game has any actual co-op/multiplayer elements, I'm in!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you mind sharing your team's stats/skills? I've been using the same foursome (at the same levels even) and I'm stuck at W10, so I'm curious how far off I am.

Sure:

Angelica - Lvl 60 - S1 (0)/S2 +3 / S4 +4 - 5/6 Awakenings - A rank imprint - Level 9 Rod of Amarylis - 4 piece speed/2 piece health - Health on Boots, Ring and Necklace - (Def 1093 / HP 17241 / Speed 126)

Luna - Lvl 60 - S1 +5/S2 +1 / S4 +5 - 5/6 Awakenings - No imprint - Level 23 Daydream Joker - 4 piece speed/2 piece crit - Speed on Boots, Attack on Ring and Crit Chance Necklace - (Atk 1948 / Def 967 / HP 8530/ Speed 180 / CritC 100% / CritD 155%)

Crozet - Lvl 50 - No skill increases - 5/5 Awakenings - B rank imprint - Level 19 Sword of Ezera - 4 Health/2 Defence - Defence on Boots, Defence on Ring and Crit Hit Dmg Necklace (because I've nothing better) - (Def 1447 / HP 12033)

Karin - Lvl 50 - S1 +1 / S2 +0 / S3 +5 - 5/5 Awakenings - C rank imprint - Level 9 Daydream Joker - 4 Critical Hit Damag / 2 Critical Hit Chance - Speed on Boots, Defence on Ring (nothing better) and Crit Hit Chance Necklace - (Atk 1584 / Def 716 / HP 6733 / Speed 160 / Crit chance 100% / Crit Damage 213%)

Though I will say I used a different team to get past W10, which was an absolute pain. You need different tactics for W10, I recall googling around and using some team suggestion I came across at the time.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Holy crap, this game shot up to #5 Top Grossing on Google Play. The hell? Guilty Gear isn't exactly a top tier collaboration license, so what exactly happened here?

Mystic packs were a mistake......

Though I will say I used a different team to get past W10, which was an absolute pain. You need different tactics for W10, I recall googling around and using some team suggestion I came across at the time.

W10 just seemed like a souped up W9 to me, Wyvern attacks randomly, land debuffs to reduce breaths.

W11 seems a lot more straight forward, like a tank and dps check.

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm able to auto w10, wish I could do the same for 11
I'm in the same spot. I'm trying to upgrade Angie to tank 11 and get Luna up to the point where she can handle most of the DPS. I have Karin but she is incredibly far behind on damage. I could bring in a lot of other characters but I'm most successful with Ken who can tank and def break. I'm wondering if Sol would be good for wyvern since he has damage scaling to enemy max hp and plenty of fire ticks with occasional extra turn shenanigans.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same spot. I'm trying to upgrade Angie to tank 11 and get Luna up to the point where she can handle most of the DPS. I have Karin but she is incredibly far behind on damage. I could bring in a lot of other characters but I'm most successful with Ken who can tank and def break. I'm wondering if Sol would be good for wyvern since he has damage scaling to enemy max hp and plenty of fire ticks with occasional extra turn shenanigans.
My damage is close, using Kise and Luna. Kise has level 30 DDJ. However my Angelica is not at the point where she can tank 11 without me properly timing the heals between her and Achates

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of unexpected. Apparently instead of removing the bleed that was ignoring effect resistance they're just updating the tooltip.
http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/main/view/3167915
On the update that occurred on 4/24, our hero description for Baiken's skill, Tsurane Sanzu-watashi stated that each attack had a 55% chance (maximum 80%) to inflict three bleed effects for 2 turns, with a critical hit granting an extra turn.

However, we discovered that one of the bleed effects had the ability to ignore effect resistance. We alerted players of this issue and we noticed that several players expressed concern regarding this announcement.

Due to this, Epic Seven has decided to not change how the skill, Tsurane Sanzu-watashi currently behaves and instead will change the skill description to match the in-game effects. We truly are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused our players.

Following the update in the first week of May, we will update the skill description to match the effect in-game. Please see below for more detailed information about this change.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who has a great memories of 2v2 Guild Battles in Dragon Blaze, does this game have anything to match that? I see it has "3v3 Guild Battles," but are they represented by 3 different player's units on each side, or is it just a solo affair?

If this game has any actual co-op/multiplayer elements, I'm in!
Limited banners make SO. MUCH. MONEY. And mystic packs for the whales.

I don't know why they don't realize this. I'm way more likely to spend some money if I am guaranteed a character at the end.

Right now it's a mostly solo affair, but they have confirmed co-op raids and co-op world bosses are in the works.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

here's my team for W11, i can auto it almost 100% now even though i lost my rod because i accidentally merge it to other artifact.

and it's fairly easy to build, you just need high def angelica + 1 good DPS, schuri with good speed + 90-100% crit, and taranor with good speed

Oct 25, 2017
I read Waters Origin helps on Angelica. I may try that even though mine is only at level 1. :(
yea its how I win W11 on manual, though unfortunately My angelica only triggers water's origin when the wyvern crits her, as her health at 13.5k makes the 20% threshold not trigger without a crit. Its enough that I get the win, but im trying to make her tanky to the point where I can run Idol's Cheer instead.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly enough I can't tell if Idol's Cheer is good for my w11 runs. It often pushes my Luna ahead of Taranor Guard meaning a lot of hits are without defense break; the increased rate on Luna might still be worthwhile though I'm not sure.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of unexpected. Apparently instead of removing the bleed that was ignoring effect resistance they're just updating the tooltip.
http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/main/view/3167915

Fantastic response, there is your Baiken buff everyone. Ignoring effect resistance is a big deal for her on her S2. Even though everyone's evaluation of her already had that in there :P

In other news, she's completely too slow to be effective in Challenger against cleave teams. I need to find some ways to up her speed and probably start bringing a speed imprint into the mix. People weren't joking when they said all Challenger is just a speed race to see who can move first. Can't tell you how many times I've lost to a team with a single level 60 character before I can even move.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finished chapter 10, spent all my saved up Galaxy Bookmarks and all of the free bookmarks we got this morning for logging in. Still no Baiken or Darkness 5*s. Sigh.

I don't know how I'm going to get 235 more bookmarks before the end of the event to get the guaranteed Baiken. :/

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Fantastic response, there is your Baiken buff everyone. Ignoring effect resistance is a big deal for her on her S2. Even though everyone's evaluation of her already had that in there :P

In other news, she's completely too slow to be effective in Challenger against cleave teams. I need to find some ways to up her speed and probably start bringing a speed imprint into the mix. People weren't joking when they said all Challenger is just a speed race to see who can move first. Can't tell you how many times I've lost to a team with a single level 60 character before I can even move.
It's not a buff, though, it's just not a nerf.
You still need to perfect gear to get the most out of her. She would need to ignore resistance on all bleeds for this to be considered a buff. This is just one of the 3 bleeds on her S2.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to edit the name of our teams? I'm one of those people who likes to have multiple teams and have them organised lol.
You still need to perfect gear to get the most out of her. She would need to ignore resistance on all bleeds for this to be considered a buff. This is just one of the 3 bleeds on her S2.
I think it's cool that they didn't remove it though. There probably would have been some backlash if they did. I'm still new to the game so I may be wrong, but it feels like the line between her being underpowered and overpowered is pretty thin.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It does, but it's also a common experience. I didn't get any ML 4*s until four or so months in, and haven't gotten a 5* yet either. Higher rarity ML summons are rare for a reason. Some people here get lucky and pulls two 5*s in a row, but don't be fooled, that's an outlier.

Are Galaxy Bookmarks the only way to get Dark units? Or do they just have an "increased" rate?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair you need perfect gear to get the most out of everyone :) Just depends on where you are in the game, all you need is speed and attack on her now if you are in Master/Challenger so she can S2 into S3 and kill a blue and CR push your team. Anything beyond that and you are running into immunity sets on Diene's etc, anyway. If you want her to be good at everything, then yeah the effect should go to her S1 and S3 as well, but at heart she's a PvP and Banshee unit and having S2 ignore resistance and not fixed is good because she can still wipe any blue I run into in Arena. Had they fixed it, she'd need Torn Sleeve instead of R&L and/or would have fallen entirely out of usefulness.

If you are using her for anything beyond targeting blues in PvP and/or running Banshee then you are outside of her niche, then yeah you need perfect gear.

Are Galaxy Bookmarks the only way to get Dark units? Or do they just have an "increased" rate?

Mystic Summons have like a 2% chance of pulling one of two Dark/Light units. They release the new ML units in Mystic Summon so whales can buy Mystic Bookmarks before they go into the abyss that is the ML summon pool.

I'm at 11 total Moonlight summons having just hit 3 months of play and have landed two 4*'s (Blaze Dingo and Guider Aither), a 3* Axe God, and a bunch of rabble 3*s. Never hit a dark/light on a mystic summon as you only get 2-3 of those a week. So far my pull rates have been below average on ML and I can't wait until I finally get a good 5* one. Might be waiting another year.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mystic Summons have like a 2% chance of pulling one of two Dark/Light units. They release the new ML units in Mystic Summon so whales can buy Mystic Bookmarks before they go into the abyss that is the ML summon pool.

I'm at 11 total Moonlight summons having just hit 3 months of play and have landed two 4*'s (Blaze Dingo and Guider Aither), a 3* Axe God, and a bunch of rabble 3*s. Never hit a dark/light on a mystic summon as you only get 2-3 of those a week. So far my pull rates have been below average on ML and I can't wait until I finally get a good 5* one. Might be waiting another year.

Yeesh. There are so many summon currencies in this game it's hard to wrap my head around them. How can I get Mystic Summons?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. So I guess I need a guild that isn't completely dormant, then.

Yeah, keep joining and leaving until you find one that is at least setting up for Guild Wars. But on that note if you find a friendly one it's a great way to get runes and catalysts you need too and also build up Guild Currency to buy the monthly Terra Phantasma. For Guild Wars, always fight three times, the number of Mystic Bookmarks you get is directly related to each of the 3 attacks. You get rewarded more for winning an attack, but you still get rewarded for losing an attack.

They also very rarely drop from hunts, to the point that it's in no way an effective way to farm them. But yeah, at my Guild's rank I get around 66 per won Guild War and there's a match on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So if I'm lucky 3 pulls a week at a 1% chance to pull a whale unit. Not great, lol, but one can dream.

You can spend something like $700 a month on Mystic Packs, which many whales do, and still not even land one of the highlight units. It's a really predatory system that so far is only getting worse now that the best units are getting release through the mystic system. The community is not happy.

They have a chance to redeem themselves by making Dizzy OP so everyone can feel some progression after hoarding for months for this collab, which I'm expecting because they want all the people that spent everything on Baiken to buy into the Dizzy pity. If Dizzy is underwhelming they'll have a very angry community since that'd mean all the best units are being released via a very whale-y mystic system.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I just saw that the Baiken bug is now a feature. Wonder if they buff her further or just leave it at that. I built her anyways because I like her. Just need 3 more molas to finish her S1 bleed chance upgrade.

I tried using her against a Champion tier ML Ken yesterday. Turns out he still gets his counterattack off even if Baiken has an extra turn. Also did you know ML Kens could crit for 30k? I learned that too. He died to bleeds anyways which was the funny part.

Crap I just realized Taranor royal guard is NOT the guy ever one says to put on your wyvern farm team.

Yeah, but he's also usable there. Royal Guard is a fine tank for it if you wanna stack HP on him and bring Aither or something as a healer. He's a lot cheaper to awaken than Angelica, self heals too. I thought about building him for W11 and to abuse his crit reflect+dispel in guild wars vs c.domi teams and the like.

Regular TG is mainly brought because of his reliable def break, but he's a great damage dealer on his own. With a daydream joker he'll do his job even at level 50.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Oh. So I guess I need a guild that isn't completely dormant, then.
I think there are 3 or 4 guilds here if you are looking for one. Not sure how full the Reset guilds are though, but I think most are casual or semi-casual. Also, you can join the discord if you'd like for a bit more help in real-time or to see people lucksack on rolls.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Think we'll get any gear in the tournament mode?

I'd be shocked if there weren't any gear associated with the collab at all.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That WAS one realllllly tanky Angelica, my god.

fbefTPD.jpg

First match I targeted her with Baiken and a 3 bleed stack with detonate only took down half her health! Got wiped by that team that had Axe God, Carmin, and Fluri as well. Basically couldn't get through their constant shields/invincibility and Fluri perma-locked down my Angelica.

I re-matched and first turn wiped Axe God with Baiken and then settled into a 10 minute scramble to kill Fluri and Carmin as Angelica's stupid Idol Cheer kept going off. Eventually had Angelica left to beat up on and was surprised how many hits she took and bleed stacks I got on her. It lined up well to soulborn Baiken S3 on her and did 21.3k damage lol. Useless, but it is why she's fun to play.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Depending on the rolls is the Arena gear pretty good for Badguy? I just gave him that and some decent crit gear. I'm mainly using him for PvE and plan on using him to get trhough Abyss 73 as I can just almost beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.