• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If there is to be a Recession...will it be good?

• Good

Votes: 41 6.6%
  • Eh

Votes: 89 14.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 491 79.1%

• Total voters

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Elon Musk says recession a good thing as it's been 'raining money' for too long

'It has been raining money on fools for too long. Some bankruptcies need to happen.

'Also, all the Covid stay-at-home stuff has tricked people into thinking that you don't actually need to work hard. Rude awakening inbound!'

Musk wanting an end to the money raining is interesting, given his two main companies, SpaceX and Tesla, have benefitted from handouts in recent years.

The former has been awarded billions in Nasa contracts while the latter is happy to sell off about $6 billion in government-issued carbon credits to other automakers.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"It has been raining money on fools for too long."

Sounding more and more like a comicbook supervillain

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Recession is good only for rich people because they can buy stock at bargain bin, and even take over companies. They dont lose jobs, benefits and insurance. They dont lose mortgages, homes or get evicted. They dont become homeless.

So yes, its good for rich people.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
The current inflation is cause by energy prices and not on crashed bubbles and over-supply like in the 20s. It's completely devastating the low income right now. It's not crushing manufacturers who over-manufacture stuff.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dril's corncob tweet gets more relevant with every passing day

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
Im not really sure I see the point in making a thread about every stupid thing this moron says, particularly an opinion as asinine as this. Recessions are tough on people regardless of what Musk proclaims.

gunbo13

Oct 26, 2017
Recessions only provide "benefit," if you can call it that, for some capitalistic efficiencies. Basically businesses that operate and survive a recession come out in potentially remarkable shape. Workers during that time can be leveled up to all-stars. It can be economically beneficial as well to trim the fat on some companies. It's not a completely idiotic take though the way he says it is dumb.

Stay at home I disagree. Just like the office, proficiency of worker is dictated by the individual. Not the location.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Can we stop with Elon threads? We all know he's a gigantic asshat. We know he has a cult following.

I don't need constant updates.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
A lot of money that was rained on people wound up in TSLA stock and leveraged to buy his cars, hope this good things come around to him. At this point I don't know why anyone would like this man.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He's a billionaire. Recessions are good for people who have a lot of money because they are able to grow their wealth. Look at how much they made off the pandemic.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
How much did Tesla and his solar company benefit from tax credits boosting sales? How many tax breaks did he get for moving to Texas?

Fucking hypocrite. Now he's the richest guy in the world, that's the time to turn the liquidity off!

Feb 20, 2022
Actual footage of Elon Musk saying recession will be good for you:

for-you-bane.gif

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Typical and historical rich person attitude of "I'm so wealthy that I won't be affected by anything and will just bounce back and continue gaining when things normalize again."

Real helpful to everyone who is about to suffer the effects of economic downturns, i.e. normal people.

Also running alongside this attitude in historical fashion, "and those people can just save themselves if they work harder."

Classically moronic. Same shit, different year, just no annoyingly blasted in front of everyone's eyeballs because social media fucking sucks.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, it's overdue and needs to happen at some point, but only because the current system of capitalism we have is one with boom-and-bust baked into it, and the longer it doesn't happen, the worse it will be when it does.

But its going to utterly destroy thousands, if not millions of lives when it happens (assuming its as bad as predicted).

I voted yes, just to be an a contrarian arsehole.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At this point it's like Trump. Just assume almost everything he says will be bullshit and mean-spirited and don't bother to give him the attention. There's no point in pointing out that productivity is high in the US, that employment rates are high, etc... You can't win an argument with this shithead. You can just hope that he's swallowed up in a giant sinkhole or taken by a tornado, etc...

OP
OP
MouldyK

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can we stop with Elon threads? We all know he's a gigantic asshat. We know he has a cult following.

I don't need constant updates.

It's the first one in a week to be fair.

Recessions only provide "benefit," if you can call it that, for some capitalistic efficiencies. Basically businesses that operate and survive a recession come out in potentially remarkable shape. Workers during that time can be leveled up to all-stars. It can be economically beneficial as well to trim the fat on some companies. It's not a completely idiotic take though the way he says it is dumb.

Yeah, it can benefit some companies, but seems to have more bad than good attached to it.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point it's like Trump. Just assume almost everything he says will be bullshit and mean-spirited and don't bother to give him the attention. There's no point in pointing out that productivity is high in the US, that employment rates are high, etc... You can't win an argument with this shithead. You can just hope that he's swallowed up in a giant sinkhole or taken by a tornado, etc...
I agree, he's literally just a manchild and doesnt need any signal boosting

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agree with him but Tesla is one of the fools money has been raining on. I've been enjoying seeing its stock market crash.

Anyway, recessions aren't "good", but they are a necessary part of a healthy economic cycle. They punish unproductive firms and unproductive uses of money.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'd never want to work for Tesla if that's how he views work life and family balance... Setting aside his alt right leanings

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"It has been raining money on fools for too long", this is the guy whose net worth and infamy went up like 10x during covid because wealthy people decided TSLA was one of the safe haven stocks

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Elon who's supposedly intelligent once again proving he can't even summon up the most basic level of intellect. This isn't really news at this point. He's Trump levels of thick as shit.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
So we obsess about him? He can piss off for all I care. I'd rather put my time in something other than obsessing about this prick

What exactly is stopping you from doing so though? We can ignore threads, we can not reply to threads. Plenty of dumb threads I don't pay attention to here.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Couple of humans will probably starve to death or slide into poverty, who cares as long as some rich asses can get some new opportunities ey?

Icebergslim

Feb 19, 2021
You hear that people. All of you actually doing your jobs from home arent actually doing any work. Its not work unless you drive somewhere and sit in someones building while doing the same work you did at home. Also some of you poors have made a little too much money over the past couple years with your quitting and finding new work and taking advantage of government programs. Enough of that. Its time you people fell on your ass and are forced to go into bankruptcy because well.....just because as the richest man in the world I think you have too much money.

Fuck off bitch.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Elon who's supposedly intelligent once again proving he can't even summon up the most basic level of intellect. This isn't really news at this point. He's Trump levels of thick as shit.
Let's not attribute to stupidity what we have plenty of reason to assume is by malice. This is the guy who regularly posts far right memes on Twitter, then tried to buy the company so that he could reinstate the account of a president that inspired far right politicians worldwide.