• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions?

• GOAT

Votes: 260 23.3%
  • 95-99

Votes: 269 24.1%
  • 90-94

Votes: 388 34.8%
  • 85-90

Votes: 160 14.3%
  • Below 85

Votes: 38 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Well, I expected it to review well, but not THAT well. I know it's going to drop eventually, but seeing that 97 was quite a shock. So excited for launch.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
the 97 is for ps5, the pc and series x scores are 95 and 94 on different review counts

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
i mean, Martin didnt write the story no? he helped with the lore.

the story is still from's

Yeah he probably gave an outline and some flavor, but it ends there. Even Martin said he only did his favorite part of the creative process for this or something, which was the lore and world-building events

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no real attachment to Souls type games…but the reviews and mentioning it's a little more approachable has me really contemplating grabbing it.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Xbox brothers/sisters, buy this game please!!! Don't want to see a huge platform split gap between PS and Xbox. Show your love for Soul games on Xbox.
(This post has no console war intention. Only hope this game can have some decent success on my preferred platform. It is very certain ER will have a massive success on PS.)
I guess at this point we should just be thankful it's on so many platforms and no exclusive deals taking place.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped playing Horizon to play BOTW like any normal person would. Didn't get back to Horizon for months, and when I finally finished it, I liked it more than BOTW. I don't think that will happen this time but FW is pretty awesome in its own right.

I eventually went back to Horizon ZD later in 2017 or 2018 and ended up really enjoying it, especially the story and combat but the structure of the game was pretty standard open world stuff. Enjoying Horizon FW but it's still a very standard open world game.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Wow Really Really great reviews. Looks like one it will be the highest-rated game this gen

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The Horizon series release a week before BOTW and a week before Elden Ring.......is something.

They can coexist. Horizon still sold very well for new IP alongside Zelda and a switch launch. I know people who hate From Games and drop them after trying to struggle through the opening sections.

That being said some of the reviews do say this is the most accessible one so far. So perhaps this one will have better traction.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope its success inspires many other open world games in the future. No more level scaling, randomized loot or quest markers please.
Absolutely. If devs just gave people a little more credit they would understand how much more fulfilling these aspects of their games could be. This is the type of thing that's get you lost in a world and buries it in your memories forever.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Unbelievable reviews. I was expecting low 90s, not this. Insane stuff...cannot wait to dig in this weekend!

Between this and Horizon, I've been eating good this month.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I have it pre-orderd at Best Buy for the steelbook but I'm considering double dipping and getting the digital as well. Help.
I have pre-ordered and canceled the Steelbook edition twice already because I was sure I wouldn't have time to play around launch anyways... which I really don't. But now I'm back to considering another Steelbook pre-order vs just getting it digitally.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Wonder what Omnipotent is feeling about this!

Glad to hear bosses won't need to be repeated tens of times before clearing them—having the option of going somewhere else instead. Sounds like a dream. Blessed Miyazaki

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
This feels similar like people losing their minds over Bloodborne's arrival all those years ago. History does indeed repeat itself.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Well I know my son is crazy excited for the game.. I cant quite nail the From games as I just get frustrated. But I will enjoy watching him play this game.. it does look freaking epid.

That EA review.. wow really got me excited for it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's not only the consistently great games but also the consistent improvement on their own formula that I love. I feel like Miyazaki has found the perfect balance between giving fans more of what they want while continually evolving, getting better and better each time imo. It's never stale, it's always engaging and exciting. Familiar yet fresh and new every time. This seems to be the biggest leap for them too and handled masterfully.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Xbox brothers/sisters, buy this game please!!! Don't want to see a huge platform split gap between PS and Xbox. Show your love for Soul games on Xbox.
(This post has no console war intention. Only hope this game can have some decent success on my preferred platform. It is very certain ER will have a massive success on PS.)
Well Playstation has 2 games from some of it's biggest franchises coming out within a week of Elden Ring, so I imagine that will help the Xbox Split.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
the game is actually bad and there's a worldwide agreement among reviewers to troll us

I believe it lol. Honestly though the game is probably pretty good, but I think once it gets in the hands of more people they'll think it's a high 80 or low 90. It's kinda crazy most reviewers haven't finished the game and people on this site complain about long games all the time.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I honestly have no real attachment to Souls type games…but the reviews and mentioning it's a little more approachable has me really contemplating grabbing it.
This is me. My friends are absolutely shitting on me via text for finally being like "ok, I'm interested" after a lifetime of being negative on Souls games.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly, wtf is wrong with the Easy Allies review? Its like the guy is trying to finish the speed talking record.

Going to be super interesting to see if it holds up. I am playing Horizon which feels like a 95/100 game. The way it does its world building and lore is incredible - and to me, much higher than the text heavy / stilted dialogue of NPCs from past Souls games.

Here's hoping it turns out to be really great

Status
Not open for further replies.