• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
oh... you CAN still die from fall dmg lol >_>

Yeah while exploring the start I was watching that giant slow dude who saw me and came running over and chased me. I didn't expect it so tried to haul ass and jump down the cliff and died hahaha. I figured fall damage would get me but have yet to figure out a way to eye what is survivable.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Tbh, I'm putting the game down because it makes me feel sick. I don't know what it is about the camera movement but it's a miserable experience. Can't put up with it

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Can someone remind me of what the numbers mean under attack power in the Stat screen? There's a bigger number with a + or - next to it, and a smaller number to the side. What do they mean?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Parrying the shit out of a miniboss is so goddamn satisfying, my word.

I killed Tree Sentinel with a bow from a platform LMAO

I killed DeS' Old King Allant for the first time yesterday by cheesing Cloak and Poison Cloud, there's no such thing as a cheap victory in these games. :)

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Taking a break from the game, wanted to listen to the soundtrack but it just keeps launching the game.
I bought the deluxe edition on Steam and when I go to the folder where the OST supposedly is and launch it it just boots the game up.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I've been cashing my head against tree sentinel for an hour.

The horse body checks are brutal for me

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the boss in Limgrave tunnels.

Quickstep is absolutely amazing with Greatswords. Just dashing through attacks. I literally stayed at its feet waling on it and it didn't have a chance.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Just beat the boss in Limgrave tunnels.

Quickstep is absolutely amazing with Greatswords. Just dashing through attacks. I literally stayed at its feet waling on it and it didn't have a chance.
Do you remember where you found quick step? I've been looking for it.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have an thoughts on Order's Blade as a buff? I was planning to go full physical but wondering if it's worth investing the next 8 levels increasing INT/FTH to be able to use it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've been cashing my head against tree sentinel for an hour.

The horse body checks are brutal for me
Will quote myself, I found all of this made the fight significantly easier:
Lure it to the field next to the church with the small tree in the middle, and bait it to destory the tree. Then you can circle it in the open space.

A couple of tips if you need them:
- Fight him on horse back.
- Lock on and get distance, tap horse's burst speed to get away from attacks, then immediately turn and burst back and hit once with a light attack, repeat.
- For the attack where he lowers his spear and charges, just run away if you can't avoid it.
- Just for this fight, remove the crouch input from the controller screen. You won't be able to crouch, but you can sometimes (at least I do) click it in the heat of battle and dismount by mistake.
- Clear the area of animals before you aggro him, so you don't lock in to them by mistake.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Taking a break from the game, wanted to listen to the soundtrack but it just keeps launching the game.
I bought the deluxe edition on Steam and when I go to the folder where the OST supposedly is and launch it it just boots the game up.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Shouldn't you be able to actually take the music files and drop them into whatever folder in which you keep your music, so that your media player of choice can pick them up for playback?

II just checked both Cyberpuvk 2077 and Dragon Age Inquisition and that is available. Maybe remove the files from the game folder. I mean you shouldn't have to, but this is FROM we're dealing with here.

What format are they? MP3? WAV?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

115 is the base attack power of that weapon. 15 is the bonus you are getting from scaling based on your stats. The same screen shows you what stat is controlling the scaling. For example, if there's a D next the Strength, that means you are getting a small bonus from your strength stat.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The steed is fucking hilarious. I've been laughing my ass off and how i can just ride past all the horrible abominations doing all sorts of dangerous looking stuff and just end up grabbing items and riding away lol

i am very early into the game still mind you, but it's just so funny

like I am literally laughing at the silliness of a souls game XD

Retrosmith

Mar 2, 2020
Damn. What a cool miniboss.

Eastern Limgrave spoilers:
The Tibia Mariner mage skeleton on boat in the small lake. The atmosphere at night was amazing. Not super hard or anything but a super cool fight to deal on horseback.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Any news on if soundtrack will show up on Apple Music etc anytime soon?

Also, outside of buying digital deluxe edition, can you buy the digital soundtrack anywhere yet?

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
I literally can't parry one single attack, no matter what timing I try no matter what enemy, it's not working, the shield wipe is never triggering a parry. What is going on? I remember doing this relatively ok in the network test, it's straight not working at all here for me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I literally can't parry one single attack, no matter what timing I try no matter what enemy, it's not working, the shield wipe is never triggering a parry. What is going on? I remember doing this relatively ok in the network test, it's straight not working at all here for me.
Works for me and the window doesn't feel tight either. Many enemies have really really long wind ups. I think that's throwing you off.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Shouldn't you be able to actually take the music files and drop them into whatever folder in which you keep your music, so that your media player of choice can pick them up for playback?

II just checked both Cyberpuvk 2077 and Dragon Age Inquisition and that is available. Maybe remove the files from the game folder. I mean you shouldn't have to, but this is FROM we're dealing with here.

What format are they? MP3? WAV?

They don't provide those files, it is just a program you open which appears to be using Unity?
However when you select the program it just opens the game.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if longsword feels like shit in this game, or if I've just outgrown using it at all.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Still no "cut off tails for special weapons" in this game, right?

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
How are people using Map Markers? I usually mark the places I 'beat' with a Skull, something to explore more with a Pendant, and some treasure I couldnt get to with a Chest. Kind of wish I could mark NPCS

Status
Not open for further replies.