• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elden Ring or Bloodborne

• Elden Ring

Votes: 786 42.3%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 1,070 57.7%

• Total voters

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I feel that both are incredible for different reasons. I would love to see a sequel for both.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Other than sheer build variety, Bloodborne is better than Elden Ring in every way.

And since Elden Ring is not at all balanced for its build variety, it almost works against it anyway.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I may have my laundry list of issues with Elden Ring, but it is much better than Bloodborne, which sits at the very bottom of the Souls games from From for me.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Bloodborne is my fourth favourite game ever. Elden Ring is great, but it is not up there for me. So yeah, easy answer for me.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring isn't just the best game From has made, its in contention for the best videogame. Tell me when Bloodborne isn't stuck on PS4.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Elden Ring for sure, Bloodborne is second worst only to Demon's Souls. The gothic shit is just super uninteresting, the game didn't interest me until you get enough insight. Gameplay wise it's also super limited with build. The transforming weapons are gimmicky (it's just like switching weapons). None of the bosses are memorable besides Gascoigne and the end game ones. The gothic architecture and design just reeeaaally don't do anything for me

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I put Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls 3 over Elden Ring so I vote Bloodborne lol

psionotic

May 29, 2019
Bloodborne is my favorite FROM game.
Sekiro is their most consistently excellent.
Elden Ring has the most acreage of fun-stration and replay value.

They're all my jagged little YOU DIED babies and I resent you making me choose.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I like them both.

Bloodborne was the first Souls game I beat before going back and revisiting the prior entries. So for that alone it has a special place in my heart.

Elden Ring proves that you can have an amazing open world game primarily built off great combat and exploration.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
The one that doesn't require spirits or have you up against bs Duo boss fights for a lot of the game

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
ask after elden ring dlc comes out or is confirmed to not be happening, cuz old hunters makes bloodborne at least 50% better

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring. I could never get past the cleric beast the two times I tried to play BB

I may try again someday, but the open world added sooooo much for me in ER.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is making me want to play Bloodborne again. Actually, I get that itch onces every couple of months or so. I have no freak'en desire to do that Elden Ring ever again.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne does boss fights better and that's it. Elden Ring is the better game.
BB had like 4 good boss fights not including dlc. People always bring up the hit or miss elden ring end game bosses but like Bloodborne ended with Rom, one reborn, micolash, wet nurse, Gherman... I one shot all those bosses and it was my first souls game. I love Bloodborne but I think people got a little too much nostalgia for some of the bosses.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
It should be Bloodborne as it contains everything I love. But Elden Ring was just special.

Give me an open world game with the aesthetic and horror of Bloodborne and my head might explode.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bloodborne is certainly not without its flaws, but they're relatively minor compared to some of the fundamental problems present in Elden Ring (which is a great game in its own right, don't get me wrong).

Apr 3, 2020
BB had like 4 good boss fights not including dlc. People always bring up the hit or miss elden ring end game bosses but like Bloodborne ended with Rom, one reborn, micolash, wet nurse, Gherman... I one shot all those bosses and it was my first souls game. I love Bloodborne but I think people got a little too much nostalgia for some of the bosses.

I don't understand the correlation between killing the boss in the first time with how the boss is good?

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne.

Elden Ring has better controls, but that's all I personally can give it. I have not had much fun against the ER bosses, as I found them tedious and boring. I mostly just wanted to cheese them. In Melenia's case, I absolutely did.

I look forward to reading more about ER's lore, but Bloodborne's is so damn good. The setting and style of BB is just so incredibly beautiful. ERs world has some cool parts.

edit: ER had respec, which honestly should've been something From brought along years and years ago. The only reason I'll do NG+. Such a great addition.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne just for the setting. Elden Ring has way better replayability though.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
I lean all the way towards Elden Ring. I've tried Bloodborne so many times but I just don't really like what it's doing. It's just not for me I think.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I think BB is the better experience, but ER is the better game. Before ER I think I would clearly recommend BB if only one game can be chosen from their catalog. Even though for me ds3 had significantly more replayability, BB had to be experienced once. It's a much harder choice between BB and ER and I would not be able to just blindly recommend one over the other if asked.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the correlation between killing the boss in the first time with how the boss is good?
Because the bosses weren't interesting, and were a cakewalk to kill. Weren't memorable at all. Usually when you say a boss is good, it has interesting mechanics and abilities that require you to learn and adapt, that in most or all cases take more than one try. I don't remember a single boss I killed first try thinking that was a top tier boss, but maybe that's just me, and this falls under other games and genres.

Do you think any of those bosses I listed were good, especially for end game bosses?

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
User warned: Platform warring, metacommentary
Elden Ring.

But you are asking this in a PS centric forum OP so expecting BB to lose is not an option. Lol

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is better paced and there's way less running into areas you're way over-leveled for. Less repeating bosses too (normally I wouldn't mind especially with the sheer number of bosses in Elden Ring but some of them show up in weaker forms kind of making the "real" versions a bit disappointing to encounter).

Its still pretty close but Bloodborne just feels tighter.

edit: Sekiro is tied for best for me.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bloodborne, it's my favorite game of all time. I like ER, and DeS and DS1 a lot too, but only Bloodborne makes mutilating monsters with an axe feel as smooth as ballet.

Nov 4, 2017
Bloodborne is the only From game I gave finished where the arse didn't just fall out in the second half. So it wins by default. Also it's one of my favourite games of all time with amazing art style, music, mechanics, boss design etc.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Easily Bloodborne. It was more interesting in every way for me and dodge step > roll. Amazing bosses Lovecraftian stuff works better with their types games and storytelling too. Overall best music out of all the Fromsoft games. I even preferred chalice dungeons to the ones in Elden Ring.

My only issues with Bloodborne is having to farm for blood vials and that it's stuck on console .

Elden Ring is still my favorite open world though, by far. Didn't think a modern open world game could actually create a genuine sense of wonder but then Elden Ring proved me wrong.

Last edited:

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Kinda silly to choose, they are such drastically different games lol. But hey, I'll play....

As someone who almost exclusively played Dark Souls games & Bloodborne for years prior to ER (It's all that is on my PS4 and has been for a LONG time lol), ER is everything I wanted it to be and beyond. Still playing, still loving it, and like I said in the first line of this post, such a drastically different game, but if I have to pick one I will choose ER.

The variety in enemies, bosses, environments and the ungodly amount of playstyles you can use and be successful is mindblowing at times.

There is so much to unpack and every day I discover new stuff. While I altered back and forth between the Souls games and BB over the years, I think I will be exclusively in ER through this year and well into the next.

Also, "cheeseing" things in this game (or any Souls game) is robbing yourself of the joys of a successful win against a tough enemy. Personal opinion of course ;)

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Elden Ring as a concept was what I thought I wanted in Souls game. Unfortunately, I've lost any desire to continue playing the game about halfway through.

Bloodborne wins for me.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to vote for BB just due to the bosses but aside from that ER does everything better so I'll go with ER.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like people gloss over Bloodborne's issues. Loading is bad, performance is janky, base game difficulty curve is a bit busted (gets easier closer to the end), fighting other Hunters isn't great, some average bosses, Challice Dungeons are bad, and honestly I think the best content and level design is front loaded.

It's still a great game for sure, and I have no issues with anyone choosing it over Elden Ring... but like all From games it's far from perfect. Both are likely in my all time top 10 anyway.