• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
The gameplay loop is quite addictive. It's easy to sink hours in this game. There's always this one last thing to do before turning off the console and one hour later you're still playing.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Do weapons get more plentiful as you get further into the game? I'm still pretty early but I definitely remember finding more weapons in the first game and with not being able to repair them I find myself running low on weapons a lot.

Yes. You can always find a common weapon at beehives, but later on you will be absolutely swimming in blue and purple weapons (I just made it to the 2nd area).

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am also enjoying the game quite a bit, but man getting there was something. I feel like the start is just too slow. Progression at the start could probably use a speed up.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I was able to unlock the slide move in 5 hours (at least according to the PS5 timer). I have no idea what reviewers were talking about when it came to the movelist taking too long to open up.

If you do parkour challenges and keep an eye out for inhibitors then you can unlock the slide move fairly quickly. Also, doing quests at night helps. The timer is forgiving, Aiden's default speed is pretty fast, getting chased is fun and there's plenty of immunity items to find.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Really don't like not being able to fully repair weapons. Are there no weapons in the game that don't degrade? Figured there would be higher tier stuff that doesn't.

Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay loop is quite addictive. It's easy to sink hours in this game. There's always this one last thing to do before turning off the console and one hour later you're still playing.
Agreed. This is at the top level of "one more thing" games, and much like Marvel's Spider-Man I think the super enjoyable traversal is the key ingredient. It's so easy to justify trekking across the map when the actual act of getting there is just as fun as the reason for going.

TalkingToast

Oct 29, 2017
Really don't like not being able to fully repair weapons. Are there no weapons in the game that don't degrade? Figured there would be higher tier stuff that doesn't.
Higher quality weapons take a lot longer to break and have more upgrade slots (so more possibility to add +50 durability while out in the field) I was runnin around with a "legendary" quality weapon for multiple quests in a row, where I made more than enough money to buy a couple more legendary weapons if I find any at the merchants ! And during the quests I fucked up the stealth part in a dark building twice and ended up fighting a LOT of infected ! Merchants will always have high quality weapons at a price that is sustainable for the rate you make money at, not even considering weapon loot.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
"Request for FOV slider, motion blur and motion sickness issues have been acknowledged and are being worked on. Some improvements will be included in the first post launch patch."

How about implementing these basic features next time at launch?

Happy that the motion blur is being worked on. It's already an option to disable it on the PC version, so shouldn't be that hard to implement it on consoles.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Decided to turn off RTX+DLSS. It's just too "soft" looking with DLSS and the game is looker even without RTX.

Also, it's definitely easier than DL1. Easy access to weapon mods + good weapons + OP block/dodge stagger make combat against humans a cakewalk. Stealth that gang hideout? Nah, I'll kill you all in normal combat :D

Just got to the second part of city, got the glider and... hating it. I'm supposed to press S to level it, but I press it and nothing seems to happen. Honestly, annoying mechanic.

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Seens if you change your options while in game, the performance always degrades. Going back to the menu and back in seens to solve the problem. Playing with RTX GI at 1080 now and DLSS quality with almost locked 60fps.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
One neat detail is that Aiden will hype himself up whenever you get into a good parkour flow

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I'm loving the game now that I'm a few hours in, but how the fuck do you release a crossgen game without crossgen play in 2022?! I got it for my girlfriend on PS4 after sinking a few hours into the PS5 version, only to find out we can't even play together. Added the PS4 version to my download queue before bed, but I'm really not looking forward to restarting that tutorial. And I doubt our other friends who play are willing to downgrade/start over. So, yay, I have to juggle two versions if I want to play with friends and my girlfriend, even though we're all in the same ecosystem.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Decided to turn off RTX+DLSS. It's just too "soft" looking with DLSS and the game is looker even without RTX.

Also, it's definitely easier than DL1. Easy access to weapon mods + good weapons + OP block/dodge stagger make combat against humans a cakewalk. Stealth that gang hideout? Nah, I'll kill you all in normal combat :D

Just got to the second part of city, got the glider and... hating it. I'm supposed to press S to level it, but I press it and nothing seems to happen. Honestly, annoying mechanic.
Did you try the sharpener in the options? I can't turn off RT because I'm spoiled entitled 3090 owner. Even though I paid MSR, I'm going to get everything out of this card.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
God, Aiden is so weak/wimpy to start off. I've seriously gotta sink some real hard hours into this so I can level him up good lol.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Do weapons get more plentiful as you get further into the game? I'm still pretty early but I definitely remember finding more weapons in the first game and with not being able to repair them I find myself running low on weapons a lot.
I felt the same at the beginning, but it´ll change once you explore the open world. You`ll find a weapon at every roof grove. So keep an eye out for those tall trees with yellow leaves. Higher tier weapons are often stashed in GRE boxes and the like and you can buy them from vendors.

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I find the always on aspect really frustrating. Replaying a scenario I died on while losing weapon durability and heal resources, etc on each respawn is not a fun mechanic.

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
When you play with friends does your story progress save? Debating on getting it to play with a friends but impressions are all over the place.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Has there been any explanation why the game looks so bright and washed out during normal gameplay, but in-engine cutscenes look good with decent shadows and darkness? I'm playing with RT off, but I highly doubt it could be that they're enabling RT for real-time cutscenes.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York

Feeling exactly this right now.

The only thing I wish for is to be able to save wherever you are, esp. if you aren't in a critical mission area. After a few hours, I still am not entirely sure when I can expect that things are saved. They say checkpoints, but it feels like I've stopped the game after reaching a checkpoint (marker) and when I resumed it had returned me to a much earlier point.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
My first session I found an interesting item which I imagine will lead to something cool:

An evil glowy eyed red rubber duck in a safe

I bet finding them all will unlock something - could not see it in my inventory though.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it correct that looted Places like Shops or Convois don't get a 'done' Marker?
I looted some Places but on the Map they are still open. The GRE Box I looted became Grey and get a Marker after looting it

Yeah, they're an infinite loot source basically. If you need something just head to one, but you can never *complete* them

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Keep coming back to the game to do the "next thing"
As you level up, parkour really shines.
Question; can you only get the crossbow through the PK skill tree?

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
So, this may have been mentioned already, but the rebinding key bugs are even more broken than I initially thought. Besides not being able to bind to the mouse buttons I ran into a bigger issue I didn't find till after playing 23 hours lol.

So, like any civilized pc gamer, the past 23 years or so, I've always used Left Control as the crouch button in first person games with a crouch ability. Having crouch on C has never made sense to me, yet even in 2022 some devs are still defaulting to it. Anyway, crouch on Lcontrol, I eventually buy the Active Landing skill where you hit crouch right before landing. The little video shows how, like the first game, you'd do a roll depending on the height of the jump, this never worked for me in DL2, I figured the skill was broken, nope.

So, last night, I decided to hit C when I jumped off a building, which is not bound to anything and what happens, but of course the Active Landing skill works. So yea, I dunno how a developer who has always been pc focused first screws up keybinding this badly, I have may to go back to controller until they fix this.

That said, I don't want to only poo poo Techland, the game is a lot of fun, even if it's not a horror game like the first one.

Last edited:

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm so glad I waited to buy this.
Been stuck with a 1080ti for the last 4 years and haven't found a 3080/90 ever - until now! My husband just surprised me and bought a 3090 arriving the week so I'm breaking it in with this game. This will be the first time I've ever had RT/DLSS on my PC so I'm very excited to see this in action.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I waited to buy this.
Been stuck with a 1080ti for the last 4 years and haven't found a 3080/90 ever - until now! My husband just surprised me and bought a 3090 arriving the week so I'm breaking it in with this game. This will be the first time I've ever had RT/DLSS on my PC so I'm very excited to see this in action.
can i have your husband?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The bugs have been really noticeable but holy SHIT the
chase sequence with Walts was the buggiest shit I have seen in a while. The girl keeps running through walls and disappearing, he isn't even chasing us, no music. She keeps closing the doors which leads to small loadings. Like what the fuck happened here. No tension at all for this "chase". Even ended up having to reload the game because one of the many loading doors wouldn't open.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
seems $75 is the cheapest via The Epic Game Stroe

oh how I wanted it on Steam...sigh

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
The way Nvidia, Techland and Denuvo managed the GeForce Now version is almost a scam, but at least I can enjoy raytracing in all its beauty:

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
game is taking too long to get good. Probably gonna drop it in lieu of Lost Ark on Tuesday. Sucks cause I really loved the first one..

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling exactly this right now.

The only thing I wish for is to be able to save wherever you are, esp. if you aren't in a critical mission area. After a few hours, I still am not entirely sure when I can expect that things are saved. They say checkpoints, but it feels like I've stopped the game after reaching a checkpoint (marker) and when I resumed it had returned me to a much earlier point.
Pretty sure the game saves when you quit, like Souls games. Only difference is that you'll respawn into the nearest safehouse when booting up again.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
can i have your husband?

Lol no way!!
He's crazy yet great. He is not a gamer, but loves that I love it and he's an IT guy so he takes good care of me on the tech side of stuff :)

He's the one who has been trying for a year and a half to find me a damn video card and it's basically driven him insane. But I'm beyond excited - it's like a miracle at this point. I guess I need to learn about RT and stuff because I've just seen pics of games… I know nothing about actually using it/settings etc. and the ones for Dying Light 2 look extensive. Here I thought it was just an on/off toggle lol.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Gah my girlfriend wanted to do the item duplication trick early on and now the tension is long LONG gone. Loving my time with this game so far though. Hopefully the enemies start to scale up because I can one shot just about everything 7 hours in.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
whats the deal with the completely inconsistent use of survivors sense? this is obviously a bug, right? has it been acknowledged by the devs?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
This game is really dark in shadows and night play on my C1. Anyone have recommended settings? I'm on Series X.

If I use my flashlight , does it attract zombies?