• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
monster-hunter-5-annunciato-nintendo-switch-no-v5-371221-1280x720.jpg

Remember when April Fools were heartbreaking?

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hill ps5
Resident evil 8
Resident evil 4 remake
Mh portable switch

This is probably the best rumor thread in awhile

Lol

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Also World MT Framework did give more issues specifically the Leviathan skeletons which wasn't working and had to cut monsters such as Lagi. Like you said, MT Framework is quite old now, it started with MH Tri and it's over 10 years old, they could use a upgrade or new engine lol.

MT Framework started with Onimusha 3, and for HD consoles it was Dead Rising.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if we get two Sony presentations, one in Early September for launch details (date, games and price) + another bunch of Western titles, and then another one in Late September around TGS for all Japanese/Asian developers.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
What I mean more is the "experimental" aspect of it all: The Styles. The Arts. The Cats. Hyper and Deviant Monsters. Things that definitely changed things up when it came to how we played a MH game, and gave even more opportunities for "self-expression".

I remember they said they looked to the Street Fighter Alpha series as inspiration, and honestly, hope for more of that same energy with their next game. Again, World and its inevitable sequel will be there for something that's more "by the book".
Ohh, I get you now. Ichinose's team tend to be very open and experimental. Now I just remembered about Oils for SnS, that was amazing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Hidden content" is the Dark Souls of Forum posts, i hope it's worth it.

I am so hyped for a new Monster Hunter on Switch.

I deleted Monster Hunter Generations as a worthy sacrifice to the MonHun gods.
They should have ported MH4U instead of Generations, or atleast let Generations run at 60 FPS.

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation Australia and Latin America updated the PS5 Future of Gaming playlist. Maybe another event coming

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I thought the MH Switch rumors were for a teen or younger aimed game based on the franchise (like MH Stories) not a version of World.

And the September PS5 event seemed like a given due to preorder emails and since it releases in November. Sept 9th will probably be the date due to the original PSX anniversary (and that's the possible preorder start date).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the MH Switch rumors were for a teen or younger aimed game based on the franchise (like MH Stories) not a version of World.

And the September PS5 event seemed like a given due to preorder emails and since it releases in November. Sept 9th will probably be the date due to the original PSX anniversary (and that's the possible preorder start date).

The teen audience they were referring to were the players of the PSP and 3DS games.

Magnet

Oct 29, 2017
It's pretty weird that an opinion about an unreleased game ("RE8 will most likely be great") is included in this.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019

I think the teen audience phrase is just a focus on portable multiplayer experience.

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
"Hidden content" is the Dark Souls of Forum posts, i hope it's worth it.

I am so hyped for a new Monster Hunter on Switch.

I deleted Monster Hunter Generations as a worthy sacrifice to the MonHun gods.
They should have ported MH4U instead of Generations, or atleast let Generations run at 60 FPS.
It wasn't just a port, it's the only G-Rank version of the game available in the west. So it makes more sense than MH4U.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

The investor question asked if they had something to address that high school audience like on the PSP (the MHW audience is apparently slightly different) in Japan. The key detail, though, is that that younger audience was playing the mainline MH games, not kiddified versions of them. The comment made therefore didn't imply anything MH for kids specifically.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty weird that an opinion about an unreleased game ("RE8 will most likely be great") is included in this.
Let me not even talk about "giving development state updates" on a project that is not even announced and is likely on the first months of development, while not working on the game itself or not knowing and/or providing full context.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Ignoring staff post
that was certainly his agenda

Yeah, that's why I dont rate dusk anymore and will treat these as weak rumours at best.

I don't give a shit if they like xbox over ps a lot, we all have our own bias and nothing wrong with having them,I start giving a shit when it seeps over to the rumour mill and affects the insider output. It shits everything up massively.

People say it's bad enough on this forum, whatever, but it's a whole order of magnitude worse if the insiders start doing it.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I think he mentions this in almost every update about RE8, this game was supposed to be a spin-off but the quality was good(in playtests, feedbacks etc) to the point where Capcom approved in transform it into RE8, so Dusk always reiterate that will be a good game.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Let me not even talk about "giving development state updates" on a project that is not even announced and is likely on the first months of development, while not working on the game itself or not knowing and/or providing full context.

RE8 got to where it is now due to the surprising quality of the game. The first time I heard about RE8 was in 2017 when I was told it was going to be a very "weird" Resident Evil game and the director and team had some ideas for the franchise that were unusual, and many internally were uncertain if it was a good idea. The game stopped being RE8 and put into a spin-off position and was almost canned multiple times if not for a couple producers on the series who pushed so adamantly for the game through its development. The game became fully playable last year and internally and among testers it turned out a LOT better than expected. When they realized they had a gem on their hands, along with the circumstantial situation of another game that was RE8 still being years off, this became RE8 again and was given more time to bring it to main title graphical standards (funnily enough you can see some of the process in the reveal trailer, you can see some of the same characters with their older lower-res models when this was a mid-budget spin-off and those same characters with their newer far more detailed models). There is also some stuff the game does that is very daring narratively for the series and would change course for the series future, there was back-and-forth if they should go through with some of the plot elements RE8 brings to the table, but ultimately RE8 is going bold and daring because of its quality and the story being well received in testing.

RE4 has been in dev for about 2.5 years now.

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
RE8 got to where it is now due to the surprising quality of the game. The first time I heard about RE8 was in 2017 when I was told it was going to be a very "weird" Resident Evil game and the director and team had some ideas for the franchise that were unusual, and many internally were uncertain if it was a good idea. The game stopped being RE8 and put into a spin-off position and was almost canned multiple times if not for a couple producers on the series who pushed so adamantly for the game through its development. The game became fully playable last year and internally and among testers it turned out a LOT better than expected. When they realized they had a gem on their hands, along with the circumstantial situation of another game that was RE8 still being years off, this became RE8 again and was given more time to bring it to main title graphical standards (funnily enough you can see some of the process in the reveal trailer, you can see some of the same characters with their older lower-res models when this was a mid-budget spin-off and those same characters with their newer far more detailed models). There is also some stuff the game does that is very daring narratively for the series and would change course for the series future, there was back-and-forth if they should go through with some of the plot elements RE8 brings to the table, but ultimately RE8 is going bold and daring because of its quality and the story being well received in testing.

RE4 has been in dev for about 2.5 years now.
Dusk is there something you can say about MH switch? Thanks in advance.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
RE games always turns out great, even the less fortunate 5/6 are still pretty fun to play.

Share some MH Switch info if you can. :p

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
PS5 event was (supposed to be) on 6/4, SoP was on 8/6, so I suppose they like their events to be at the start of the month

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to focus too much on this, and hopefully they can change course more with dev time as still plenty of dev time to go. I'll just use two words and leave it at that, "Cinematic Action".
That's fucking terrifying, dude. Cinematic Action? Seriously? I'm just picturing Uncharted and RE6.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to hope for the best here, no sense in getting worked up until an announcement actually lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.