• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough if you're not a fan of the IP, but in the sense of a functional fighting game, they would have lots in common.

I don't want a Persona fighting game just because there's a stand mechanic, just like in Jojo's. There's way more to it. Musics, characters, interactions...

Plus we already have 2 great Jojo's games (JoJo's Bizarre Adventures by Capcom, and Jojo's ASB. I don't need a third one, i need a Persona game instead.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OP you need to add the most important part. This is Arc Sys + Neople + EIGHTING!

Eighting did Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Bloody Roar 3, Kamen Rider Climax Heroes, Fate Stay Unlimited Code and Bleach Heat the Soul!
We need to find out fast if this is Arc Sys graphics and Eighting everything else.

Those are indeed some of the best fighting games I have ever played. But people seem to forget that their recent Zoids and Kamen Rider Climax Fighters are supremely mediocre. Although those are 3D Arena fighters which might explain why they're so lackluster.

Oct 25, 2017
If any anime should get a proper fighter it should be MHA but JJBA is right after it in line (even if Jojo's Venture exists).

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
A: This is a super useful post. Thank you for making it.
B: Why do all the characters seem to have art with them as fish?

Sorry for the late reply.

The fish arts are pretty much a joke cut-in when you use a special attack (First Awakening Skill). Special cut-ins are only unlockable during certain events. Unfortunately DFO relies on fomo for customization, so some cut-ins will be forever locked for newer players, like Re:Zero and Hatsune Miku collab ones.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
hooooooly shit. I put so many hours into DFO, even the non Nexon "global" edition.

can't believe Arcsys is doing this. all the characters are fire too. probably will never buy though.

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
hooooooly shit. I put so many hours into DFO, even the non Nexon "global" edition.

can't believe Arcsys is doing this. all the characters are fire too. probably will never buy though.
After what happened with granblue, I feel like any licensed arcsys fighter is gonna have an even harder time keeping a community

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
ASW style is starting to feel generic. I'll give the game a shot, because this is just a teaser, but this is the least exciting teaser from them yet.

I think it's mostly a product of the source material. Grablue is already generic anime fantasy, and this looks pretty similar (based solely on the trailer, I'm not familiar with the IP at all).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This might sound Random, but i kinda want to see ASW do a Marvel Fighting game, just imagine their cel-shading engine adapted to a comic book style

I've been thinking this for a while; it could look downright blindingly gorgeous. Imagine the attention to detail and references that they put into FighterZ, applied to Marvel. It could be genuinely glorious.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
This might sound Random, but i kinda want to see ASW do a Marvel Fighting game, just imagine their cel-shading engine adapted to a comic book style
Bit random but I agree, one of my dream fighters is a Marvel vs DC fighting game (featuring Amalgams) and the idea of ASW being able to replicate the comic books art style from the late 80s to early 2000s would be fantastic