• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be too optimistic about a successor show, as much as it pains me to say. A lot of the staff have moved on to other projects already. They'd have to start hiring nearly from scratch (and if a successor show was intended to begin with why let the staff go instead of keeping them on to start work right away on DuckTales Unlimited?).
let me dream :(

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Yeah, I have to agree with this.

I was actually lost for a bit when I saw BitS because I thought I missed an episode about Gandra somewhere along the way. She's probably one of the best examples of the F.O.W.L. plot feeling rushed.
they probably planned for atleast 1 more season, to fully develop this before being told this was the final one

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still bums me out. Haven't watched since the Xmas episode, will probably just wait until they're up on Disney+ (otherwise I'd have to watch it on random unofficial sites).

Hope y'all enjoy it.

I will never forgive Disney for this transgression.

Nov 26, 2017
Already watch really enjoyed it few things felt rushed but my favorite part (don't click if you have not seen it)
Keith David is the voice of Manny and he a Gargoyles and the real identity of Webby and love that Riki Lindhome finally appear and she a clone of Webby

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am soooo behind on this show. Is the finale airing in Canada on the same date?

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Good finale.

I have a feeling some people are gonna be really pissed at those Webby revelations.

I remember an AV Club commenter ranting that he hated 2017 Webby because 1987 Webby was a better foil to Scrooge (nonsense, I know). That dude is probably livid right now lol

Despite a few snags I had with it,
I could have done without May and June tbh as they felt super rushed and/or should have been introduced prior to the finale to justify some of Webby's actions in the episode. Plus as expected, no Poe resolution made me sad.
I loved the finale and honestly wish the show had gotten a fourth season.

There were a lot of good moments and I absolutely loved the ending!

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't watched the show in a bit so I'm gonna clear out before I get spoiled but it feels like just yesterday the little promo dropped of the cast singing the theme song :(

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An extremely tight finale in my opinion, although I already see a lot of people divided on the Webby revelations. The foreshadowing was there for a while, even if it wasn't super obvious- to me it makes a lot of sense but it def ends up downplaying the found family aspect of her character that continues to be very important all things considered. While it doesn't really ruin her character, a lot of the big deal around her was that she wanted to be part of the family and was accepted into it not out of blood relation- them playing up the DNA connection at the end is a clever enough loophole for the Papyrus solution but it does cheapen Webby's original arc with the McDuck family- but it doesn't change that at the end of the day she still really is heavy on the themes of found family with Lena and Violet (and by extension May and June).

All my gripes just come from the fact the finale will be the last we see of these characters, so really my only issue is that we don't have more show. Like, yeah, I wanna see the Poe plot wrapped up but I think it's equally valid to have Scrooge still be in the wrong regarding that and it may never be resolved. Everyone's story got wrapped up but it didn't feel like it was done with a neat little bow, Bradford ended up being one of the most menacing antagonists in the series (although it should probably be pointed out that this wasn't that high of a bar- rarely did the villains on this show really cross moral thresholds with consequences). You really got a sense that Bradford was really behind everything and that there was enough ambiguity there with who killed Duckworth/how Della found out about the rocket early that you buy it in these blink and miss it revelations.

Overall, it was a good finale to a good show. I hope it has as much of a legacy as the things it was paying homage to.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, am I insane, or was that a

Maui Mallard reference (the luau shirt)
in episode 1?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I would've loved one more season, but I suppose I can't complain about the ending. It was a very quick 60+ minutes.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
That was a satisfying if a little rushed series ending. I feel like season 3 as a whole is kind of weak because the villains just never really lived up to their potential and were never as smart or as efficient as I was expecting them to be. I think the writers also said that season 3 was meant to be Huey focused but that never really came through to me, not in the same way that season 2 was about Louie. Webby's thing is also a little odd and the revelation was rushed through and they don't really have time to get into the fall out of it.

But overall, it does its job. It brings together all of the characters and gives them a big adventure to give the audience a chance to say good-bye. As a fan of the show I'm happy with it overall even if I have my criticisms.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
That was a hell of great series finale. One question though.

If Webby is Scrooge's blood daughter by some DNA experiment, how come Scrooge doesn't see May and June as his daughters too instead of them being basically adopted by Donald and Daisy?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That was a hell of great series finale. One question though.

If Webby is Scrooge's blood daughter by some DNA experiment, how come Scrooge doesn't see May and June as his daughters too instead of them being basically adopted by Donald and Daisy?
I think....

The donald and daisy part is mostly a reference to the fact that april, may, june are typically her nieces. Webby was confirmed to be the rightful heir to clan mcduck, and while DNA was part of it, she had already become someone precious to her well before that connection. Aka May and June might technically be related to him as well, but true family goes beyond mere DNA connections or something like that.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
That was a satisfying if a little rushed series ending. I feel like season 3 as a whole is kind of weak because the villains just never really lived up to their potential and were never as smart or as efficient as I was expecting them to be. I think the writers also said that season 3 was meant to be Huey focused but that never really came through to me, not in the same way that season 2 was about Louie. Webby's thing is also a little odd and the revelation was rushed through and they don't really have time to get into the fall out of it.

But overall, it does its job. It brings together all of the characters and gives them a big adventure to give the audience a chance to say good-bye. As a fan of the show I'm happy with it overall even if I have my criticisms.
This was probably do to the cancellation, they were likely expecting one more season to fully wrap this up each focusing on the 4 children individually but we'll they were told this was the final season. And had to change it while relatively early not nearly early enough

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
So like...

If Webby is considered Scrooge's daughter because she was cloned from him, then wouldn't the fact that May and June were cloned from Webby mean that they were her daughters by that same weird clone logic and not sisters?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So like...

If Webby is considered Scrooge's daughter because she was cloned from him, then wouldn't the fact that May and June were cloned from Webby mean that they were her daughters by that same weird clone logic and not sisters?

To simplify the answer, no. Because it would have taken more for Scrooge to accept them as a descendant/heir and that's the point. Look at how long it took for actual members of his family to be valued in his eyes. You have to go on adventures and show to him what you can do. You basically have to earn your part in the family. I 100% believe Bradford knew this.

May and June existed purely to win Webby over to their side so the true heir could get the paper back. Nothing more, nothing less.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Good finale.

I have a feeling some people are gonna be really pissed at those Webby revelations.

I remember an AV Club commenter ranting that he hated 2017 Webby because 1987 Webby was a better foil to Scrooge (nonsense, I know). That dude is probably livid right now lol
It feels like he's more inclined to wanting Scrooge to do more hunting instead on focusing on the characters. What he might not realize is that people are beginning to sour on people who horde treasures from other countries, which would explain less focus on the adventuring. Though tbh, he did give the final episode a B+

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
So after thinking about it and even though I have made my voice clear on Season 3 overall I think this might be a better finale then Gravity Falls.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
One mystery not solved. Ludwig, so is he still donald, Della, and the nephews paternal uncle; uncle ludwi?

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So after thinking about it and even though I have made my voice clear on Season 3 overall I think this might be a better finale then Gravity Falls.
i might have to give it some more thought but i dunno... weirdmageddon really took advantage of it's concept while this finale kind of sparingly used the missing mysteries. i dont think the character stuff was as strong. there are more moving pieces in this finale to be sure, but it felt more like the end of webby's story and by extension bradford, but i didn't feel it was a particularly strong finale in terms of everyone else. and that is fine because a lot of them got wrapped up before this, but weirdmageddon really brought all of its' character arcs strongly together into a cohesive last story that really felt as grand and epic as possible whereas i feel like the stakes didn't feel as high as they should have been in comparison to everything before.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I do agree that the finale was cut short. Gravity Falls had to cut their series short as well, but that show benefited with making the finale arc longer and cutting short the filler. I feel like the finale would have hit home better if there was more clues sprinkled in with Webby's origins and Bradford's past.

I still think this series will be seen fondly just from the character work on the cast.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To simplify the answer, no. Because it would have taken more for Scrooge to accept them as a descendant/heir and that's the point. Look at how long it took for actual members of his family to be valued in his eyes. You have to go on adventures and show to him what you can do. You basically have to earn your part in the family. I 100% believe Bradford knew this.

May and June existed purely to win Webby over to their side so the true heir could get the paper back. Nothing more, nothing less.

That poster isn't talking about Scrooge or his heir, they're talking about June and May being Webby's daughters rather than sisters based on the logic of Webby being a clone of Scrooge and therefore his daughter. Which if that's all you take into account then yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.