• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded and tried the demo on steam .. its a very notable visual downgrade from the original version.

I can run it on a higher resolution than before at least :-/

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is still one of the weirdest port jobs I've heard of.

"We ported the game to the Switch and then ported it back".

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Demo won't unlock achievements, but it's safe to assume they will pop when you load retail game

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope they release a patch that updates the graphics to be comparable to the PS4 version.

I wish, but highly doubt.

Really upsetting as I legitimately regard DQXI as one of the best games I've played and it sucks that there's no one real definitive edition (despite the title). You gotta choose from either graphics or content / performance.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I played but I don't know what I was expecting..It's Dragon Quest XI.

I'm sure the graphical differences will be steep but I played DQXI on PC and then Switch without any issues so I don't have an opinion on the matter. It still looked fine to me

edit: one benefit of this version is that my GTX 970 can hold 60 FPS this time around LOL

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how many version this game had and yet, none of them is the definitive one.

Just put the orchestral music in the base release next time, SE, ffs.

rdbaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope they release a patch that updates the graphics to be comparable to the PS4 version.
The issue is they dramatically modified things to get it running on Switch in the first place; they didn't just turn down some internal graphics sliders and call it a day. Returning it to the vanilla version's fidelity is impractical from a business perspective. But I suppose it is a ripe opportunity for modders.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked framerate is a big upgrade for the pc version already. I need to see some screenshot comparisons though

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I just want to see some comparisons to the original version, I held off on getting the Switch one in hopes that they would bring some of the stuff to PS4, but I also don't care that much if the game looks like cheeks in comparison.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
60FPS on X and Pro? If with drops should be good on PS5 and Series X. I will be checking the PC version, you could already do a lot with the Ini tweaks.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Does this demo have the 2D mode? I doubt it because it wasn't in the Switch demo either.
as others have mentioned, Nope.

EDIT
and upon starting up on XB1X, at least it does look like it's running at 60fps
lWpZ6EI.png

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Running 120fps on my PC, but no Ultrawide support that I can find. So I deleted this garbage.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Tbh this demo looks great on PC to me. I played the original on PS4 and then again on Switch. The higher framerate and resolution rendering already make this the cleanest and sharpest version I've played.

I assume the textures are worse than the original version? It's been long enough that I can't recall since I last dumped a bunch of hours into the Switch version. Either way though, I must resist a tripple dip.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Is this really 60fps on One X? Wow. I just loaded up XI S docked on Switch and am in Gallopolis almost 30 hours in and now I'm experiencing a sort of FOMO with the performance on Switch.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The choice I have to make between graphics vs sound quality is infuriating. I just want to buy the best turn based rpg I can find for a kid with no compromises.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So hold up, how does the game actually look? People seem positive so far.

Hoping for some comparison shots between the original PS4 version and this.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is the pop-in on PC? Can you slide it all the way out?

I don't really care about other graphical downgrades if I can run at a higher resolution without pop-in. Pop-in on the original PC version was really, really bad.