• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
It's cool to see they're trying something new with Vegeta's character beyond the "look, he's a good father and person now, don't you get it!?" bit he's been trapped in since the end of the Buu saga. And, even though I have never been the biggest fan of how Beerus was inserted into the Freeza/Saiyan story, I did like how Beerus himself and the reveal was handled in this chapter.

New dragon is adorable ya'll. But I'll echo the sentiment that it's clearly too weak to grant the wish directly. Even the last panel sort of looked like the dragon was surprised Granolah thought they could do it.

Namekian lore stuff about how they originated in a different universe was interesting. Maybe they're from one of the universes that Zeno destroyed? The place where Zalama is from?

Honestly, credit where credit is due, I'm really into this arc.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
I didn't really expect the 'Beerus secretly being the cause to Planet Vegeta's end' thread to have a follow up with Vegeta ever knowing but here we are. That was a nice surprise.

And can I just say that I love the little moment in the new chapter like Granolah having the TV on and there being an actual song about breakfast.

Only fitting.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I actually liked Beerus this chapter too Ha go figure

Someone finally gave Toyo the memo that Beerus acts like an asshole to hide tht he actually wants to help Goku and Vegeta...Instead of actually being a selfish POS

And yes, this chapter is good too. I'm liking this arc, but I don't expect the cycle to be broken.

The world building has been nice and exploring Namekians beyond surface level like the last arc is good

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
It's cool to see they're trying something new with Vegeta's character beyond the "look, he's a good father and person now, don't you get it!?" bit he's been trapped in since the end of the Buu saga. And, even though I have never been the biggest fan of how Beerus was inserted into the Freeza/Saiyan story, I did like how Beerus himself and the reveal was handled in this chapter.

New dragon is adorable ya'll. But I'll echo the sentiment that it's clearly too weak to grant the wish directly. Even the last panel sort of looked like the dragon was surprised Granolah thought they could do it.

Namekian lore stuff about how they originated in a different universe was interesting. Maybe they're from one of the universes that Zeno destroyed? The place where Zalama is from?

Honestly, credit where credit is due, I'm really into this arc.
How it is new when they're just trying to drag up his past? He's been long over that since the 90's.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Kind of a lot of retcons this chapter, but I'll allow them as they fix DB's world building problem of a bizarrely barren unconnected universe.

Not sure what Two-ey Dragon is gonna do/permit. Zamasu needed the Super Dragon Balls (who made THEM I wonder?? Edit: Oh, Zalama? forgot all about him) to swap bodies with Goku, but maybe that was overkill? Maybe 2-balls will let Granoloh swap bodies with Broly? Thats about the only thing that makes sense beyond Granoloh just being given UI hacks from a wish, which seems to break previous Wish limitations.

Feels like we've been getting teases of Piccolo getting a potential upgrade all throughout Super with no execution thus far as well. Probably another dead end huh.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
How it is new when they're just trying to drag up his past? He's been long over that since the 90's.

I agree, he should be over it, and it's dumb that he's not, but his past keeps getting brought up over and over in the Super manga anyway. It's become part of his character. At least it looks like there's going to be some development happening this time?

Last edited:

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a lot of retcons this chapter, but I'll allow them as they fix DB's world building problem of a bizarrely barren unconnected universe.

Not sure what Two-ey Dragon is gonna do/permit. Zamasu needed the Super Dragon Balls (who made THEM I wonder?? Edit: Oh, Zalama? forgot all about him) to swap bodies with Goku, but maybe that was overkill? Maybe 2-balls will let Granoloh swap bodies with Broly? Thats about the only thing that makes sense beyond Granoloh just being given UI hacks from a wish, which seems to break previous Wish limitations.

Feels like we've been getting teases of Piccolo getting a potential upgrade all throughout Super with no execution thus far as well. Probably another dead end huh.
I think the wish won't work for the reasons you stated, and Granola will instead wish to know how to do so, and the dragon will explain the super dragon balls to him.

Either he'll be recruited by the bad guys to Hunt them (not explaining to him what they do, but he will know) or he'll do so and find them along the way. I don't think they'll do another body switch.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the wish will work. This chapter was retcon central and so I don't think they'll mind saying it just works with this dragon or ignore it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More dragon balls? Except this time you only two of them? And the 2nd one was casually found despite the same chapter saying it's been missing for 40 years?

giphy.gif

Let's hope the development at the end of the chapter is more exciting than Moro's 3rd wish

Ralph Bighead

Jan 13, 2018
I think the wish won't work for the reasons you stated, and Granola will instead wish to know how to do so, and the dragon will explain the super dragon balls to him.

I had the same thought. Though not necessarily the super dragon balls. It could be through other means, e.g. if he is somehow able to use residual angel powers stored in 7-3.

I'm hoping it's not as simple as his wish being granted on the spot to be the most powerful warrior, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

On the one hand, I actually like the lore building with the Namekians and the new dragon. But if he gets his wish, it'll be too convenient. Especially since they just randomly find the second ball after we are informed several years earlier that it had been missing for 40 years.

If the dragon were to explain how he can become the strongest warrior, then we at least have something to build toward. It would feel more earned if (and when) he meets that objective.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I wonder if there is any significance with the new namekian. They made a point of saying how old he was.

Like, is it going to turn out that he is Zalama and he also made these tiny 2 dragon balls but they are super powerful and will grant the wish. Or it will body change him with Vegeta.

Or Goten...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Gonna assume the two ball powered dragon is really weak and will only be able to tell Granoloh where the strongest warrior in the universe is. Not turn him into the strongest. Naturally this means the return of Monaka.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
If Vegeta is brooding next chapter about the Saiyans, then yeah, Toyo dropped the ball.

But in the context of this chapter, I thought Vegeta snapping after Beerus started (from Vegeta's perspective) attacking him for no reason, and then dropped "btw I'm responsible for the thing that almost got you killed alongside your home on a whim lol" was fine?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeaaaa i don't see the issue here....
He expected beerus to teach him something but instead beerus starts taunting him and tells him he was the one that killed his ppl...he didn't bust out in tears or anything but he was mad enough to start attacking. Seems fine. I know Toyo under a lense like crazy from the fandom but that seems like the least inoffensive thing he's done since super started

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If Vegeta is brooding next chapter about the Saiyans, then yeah, Toyo dropped the ball.

But in the context of this chapter, I thought Vegeta snapping after Beerus started (from Vegeta's perspective) attacking him for no reason, and then dropped "btw I'm responsible for the thing that almost got you killed alongside your home on a whim lol" was fine?
Agreed, I didn''t see the issue with it

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I thought it was fine for Vegeta to be at least a little angry briefly.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Nice world building in this chapter. I expect to see Frieza and possibly Broly. I still wonder who created the Super Dragonballs. That person must be hella strong.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Broly being kept in his private planet seems like he could sit out as much as needed.

I wonder if he could miss out this one.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Did Toriyama contribute to this arc or is it all Toyo? It'd feel weird to me to have all these retcons without Toriyama involved.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did Toriyama contribute to this arc or is it all Toyo? It'd feel weird to me to have all these retcons without Toriyama involved.
At the start it was said this arc was based on a Toriyama outline. The oddity so far though is that all character designs seem to be from Toyotaro.