• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Because it makes more sense to have a dramatic finish where Goku fuses with Vegeta and beats Janemba like what happened in the movie than to have one where Blue Gogeta specifically powers down for no reason.

It totaly is Gogeta, Gohan also powers down with his lvl 3 and DF to reference the show. Same thing for Gogeta.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I think that might be Goku's dramatic finish against Janemba and they only showed it for Gogeta's trailer to bridge the characters.
It most likely isn't. Janemba is blown back the same way other characters do for Dramatic Finishes, so it's almost assuredly Gogeta kicking him away to trigger the cutscene considering what comes next.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They also had Cell doing his form 1 voice for years as well, yet they didn't for this game.
That's a localization issue though. They recorded mostly form 1 quotes because there was just one voice for the Japanese forms and it was a single character with real time transformations, sharing the voice clips in all forms. Then just kept those voices in some later games rather than rerecording them even when they cut the earlier forms. In this game there's only Perfect form anyway and it was by a different studio, so everything had to be recorded again.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Gogeta is gonna be a combo of both versions, unlike Broly. Probably for the best. Classic Gogeta will probably be alt colors.

edit: Also, why is everyone forgetting Zangya exists when it comes to female representation?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Zangya has two things that make people remember her existence

1) she's a female movie villain with an okay design

b) 18 calls her a stanky ho

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
cause she is a movie minion, i don't think movie minion will get in over the main villains

She could get in if they pull a Ginyu force or 18/17 gimmick. But, yeah, it likely not happening. Whoever it was that pushed her to make appearances back in the SNES and PS2 games clearly isn't around anymore. The last time she was in a game outside of Heroes was Raging Blast 2. Even Xenoverse 2 didn't bother adding her.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
She could get in if they pull a Ginyu force or 18/17 gimmick. But, yeah, it likely not happening. Whoever it was that pushed her to make appearances back in the SNES and PS2 games clearly isn't around anymore. The last time she was in a game outside of Heroes was Raging Blast 2. Even Xenoverse 2 didn't bother adding her.
Legends just added her.
But yeah, Bojack using his henchmen is her best chance.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Looks so fucking good. I wish we'd get a few new stages though. I'm trying to imagine how awesome Toppo and Dabra would be if they did a S3.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Looks so fucking good. I wish we'd get a few new stages though. I'm trying to imagine how awesome Toppo and Dabra would be if they did a S3.
My only issue with Toppo is what form? In a game like XV they could just do both, but FighterZ would just do one. Base is fun with poses and lots of grapples, GoD is just brutal as hell. I don't think GoD would work as a specific move due to him not having a top on with that form. I think I'd prefer base and maybe GoD as a dramatic finish against Freeza.
I'm sure the final decision to include whom is made by Bamco instead of ArcSys.
Nope, choices are made by the Dragon Ball Room, which is part of Shueisha.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
My only issue with Toppo is what form? In a game like XV they could just do both, but FighterZ would just do one. Base is fun with poses and lots of grapples, GoD is just brutal as hell. I don't think GoD would work as a specific move due to him not having a top on with that form. I think I'd prefer base and maybe GoD as a dramatic finish against Freeza.

I'd love for it to be an install or even just a level 3 or 5 super.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The best design has more hair, and is red.
My Gogeta humbly disagrees.

EBGHHyyXoAAxx6I

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
They both look great, but I guess Janemba's little cubes effect was too hard to do even for them.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so freaking marvelous. I'm not exactly a fan of fighting games or dragon ball z, but the combination of artistry and technology that goes into this incredible presentation is something that I nonetheless find insanely exciting. I just love it. I wish more things looked this good.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Awesome trailer, Janemba looks slick. I was surprised to see Gogeta, though it's pretty obvious in retrospect. Am I the only one disappointed that it seems we aren't getting Wrathful Broly?

What they need to add is more women, but I guess that's not happening in this FighterZ Pass beyond Videl.

I'm hoping that FighterZ 2 busts down the door on this. Give us Pan, Kale w/ Caulifla, Caulifla w/ Kale, Kefla, and Ribrianne w/ Kakunsa and Roasie, right from the off.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one disappointed by that teleport animation?

I guess something true to the movie wouldn't have been feasible with 3D models. :-/

latest

e592f9edc89595fba4bc341c5f7ef0da3c91fddc_00.gif

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
that was just a quirk of dubbing since Norio Wakamoto doesn't change his voice with cell so only one set of voice lines were coded in for him
That's a localization issue though. They recorded mostly form 1 quotes because there was just one voice for the Japanese forms and it was a single character with real time transformations, sharing the voice clips in all forms. Then just kept those voices in some later games rather than rerecording them even when they cut the earlier forms. In this game there's only Perfect form anyway and it was by a different studio, so everything had to be recorded again.
So they're using the wrong voice for Janemba out of tradition?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that they're not allowing us to choose SS Gogeta and Vegito. The way this game handles certain transformations is a shame.

Janemba isn't my favorite character, but at least he's visually distinct and not another Goku. At this point I see that as a win.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ribrianne
Kale
Caulifla
Kefla
Towa
Chronoa
Future Mai

All playable in other DB games.

Stop being so uptight and use the same creativity they did to make Rise playable and add Bulma and Chi-Chi.

Boom. There you go.
For people who don't want too many Super characters, there was also Zangya, whose main claim to fame was being playable in the SFC game. The hair would be visually interesting and a nice change.
Edit: already covered, sorry!

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get SSJ4 Gogeta?
The best design has more hair, and is red.

That would be a dream come true. I want Big Bang Kamehameha.

Janemba looks sick just like I expected. Only thing that looks weird is his outro. In the original movie, he didn't laugh like that in the frame they referenced. It's clearly edited to my eyes.

Gogeta looks great too, but as expressed by others, I wish we could have the option to have SSJ instead of Blue. I just find those forms more iconic for the characters. I hope we get his vest with the orange trim as an alt color. New design just looks like adult Gotenks to me.

Finally, a bit bummed out that it looks like it's confirmed we are getting the buff LSSJ form of Super Broly instead of his base/Ikari form. Would have been more visual diverse amonst the other blonde haired Saiyans and we already have Z Broly. At least it would have made the two more distinct.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Never seen the Janemba movie but I pictured a completely different voice for him haha.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Dismissing concerns around representation, previous related infraction
I don't know why you were warned. Ribrianne is trash and it has nothing to do with her being a woman. Give me Caulifla or Kefla though

People only say Ribrianne for the sake of female representation. She is one of the worst dragon ball characters ever. Nobody liked her when the show was airing, now everybody wants her? Hmmm 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are way better female characters that could be added before trash Ribrianne

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

People only say Ribrianne for the sake of female representation. She is one of the worst dragon ball characters ever. Nobody liked her when the show was airing, now everybody wants her? Hmmm

There are way better female characters that could be added before trash Ribrianne

Like why not Pan from GT? You already have kid Goku from GT.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
People only say Ribrianne for the sake of female representation. She is one of the worst dragon ball characters ever. Nobody liked her when the show was airing, now everybody wants her? Hmmm 🤷🏻‍♂️

While I agree about Ribrianne. She was one of the stand out fighters in the Universe Tournament Arc. Even so much, that she appeared with Kefla and the Universe God's behind them in Broly movie. On top of that her moves and skill could bring a unique fighter into the mix along with her team mates Kakunsa & Roasie.

Personally I would rather have Kefla, Cauilfa & Kale, or Towa (possibly her later forms) if we had limited choice.