• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fishious

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to revert to the non cel shaded graphics? My phone doesn't seem to care for the new style.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel overwhelmed. Everything is different. And 6* Agito go to 8 unbinds now? I was confused since I had all of them fully unbound before the update, so when I was asked to "Refine" them, I was like "Huh?". Then I saw "4/8".

The grind.

Edit: Oh wait, the 5 --> 8 is for upgrading the 6T1 to 6T2. That explains it, since I didn't bother fighting the Master version yet.

Last edited:

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
I was overwhelmed before with the weapon stuff, but I feel like now I need a full time Dragalia advicer. Oh god. I feel like Wynona Rider in that math.gif

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Me looking at the overhauled weapons and wyrmprints mechanics:
b49.jpg

And just as suspected, the grind has been amped quite a bit with all the new plentiful weapons and wyrmprints upgrades possible. I guess it's good for people who are really into end game, high difficulty stuff. But for the others, I doubt that this update will ease the progression.

Oct 25, 2017
Logging in to do dailies, having no idea the game was gonna have a system and graphics overhaul... Ever be so confused you just gotta go to bed?

200.gif

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished watching the digest and by Illya all this is incredible, I need a while to get my head around all of this but wow, all this cemented my love for the game even more! :D

And I'm not sure why there seems to be some PvP aversion here, I mean it's seemingly a side-mode decoupled from the gacha and power-system entirely so where's the harm? o.o

Also when will the additional TGS info thingy happen or was that the digest?

EDIT: The new graphics look fantastic in motion!

Last edited:

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Just hopping back to the game after the 2.0 news. Weapon progression was my biggest stumbling block on this game, so I'm glad they streamlined it. I'm slowly understanding how it works. Right now I might start aiming on getting Chimeratech weapons for all my characters that I'm currently using, and then doubling back and upgrading the earlier weapons to get the weapon bonuses for their respective weapon types (I think that's how it works?).

The wyrmprint stuff, I'll just wait till guides become updated for those, and just use the auto optimize for now.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Lotta stuff, looks alright! Noticed that the jump to 6T2 has WAY less mat requirements as they've made the unbinds individual for those weapons now.

Was also a bit meh on PVP at first but at least it's not whales only. Will give it a shot later.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
it's weird that there's no banner to go with the update

oh well, gonna enjoy new joe and checm the weapons now

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Yooo, I got 1st place in the battle royale lmao. But the reward is crap lol.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the rewards are weird. There's barely a different between first and last place, so you're better off just running into the miasma as quickly as you can, getting your tokens, and then doing it all over again. Unless you enjoy the mode, that is.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Rewatched the event trailer and Ilya is definitely a manacaster unit, she's holding a big ass gun

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You see correctly!

Also, the new music track for the next event ("We Are the Light" by Lucrezia) is absolutely amazing. Like, I need it now. I'll probably never leave the event screen until it plays all the way through (maybe even twice).

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
After all the high dragons, agito, mechathings, lots of weapons and whatnot I feel overwhelmed and stop playing.
But they pull me in again... Welcome back gacha hell.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
the new wyrmprint system is a chore

now we gotta equip five of the things but the max limit remain, so it's like we have 2.5 of the old wyrmprints. And now a lot of the wyrmprints are just repeated skills, instead of each having unique pairings of skills, which was more interesting. It's not like the weapon system is too deep to compensate

also all your teams need to re equip weapons and wyrmprints now, and equipping wyrmprints takes a long time now so that's a huge demand of time for players who had things figured out

besides, now that they are tied to your weapon, so if you dare check what other weapon with less wyrmprint slots does to your stats, bam, one or more of your wyrmprints may be unequipped silently

they should have just added a third slot of wyrmprints and limit it to be a 4*

edit: found the dragon prep. ok, was scared

I wonder if every manacaster team skill is gauge acceleration, or if it's just a joe thing. it... doesn't sound too useful? People weren't equipping too many of the old gauge accel wyrmprint, but maybe since it affects the whole team is ewuivalent to 80 % acceleration?

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
All the solo versions of the endgame fights have first clear bonuses like the co-op fights did. So you can go clear them to get a ton of materials for unlocking slots if you didn't have any materials stockpiled.

I threw together a team pretty quickly of Karina/Pipple/GElly/Grace and was able to autobattle eAO first try, so the solo fights don't seem that tough.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just when I was starting to get the hang of wyrmprints and weapon crafting they completely overhaul them lol. No idea where to begin now.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
So as someone who plays casually (Never beat a high dragon), what the hell should I be focusing on? I get that it's streamlined a bit but god I'm overwhelmed

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
So as someone who plays casually (Never beat a high dragon), what the hell should I be focusing on? I get that it's streamlined a bit but god I'm overwhelmed
Focus on upgrading your void weapons to get the High Dragon Bane skill and then get Chimeratech weapons and upgrade those so you can fight the high dragons and agito.
Clearing an agito once should give you the materials you need to craft a single agito weapon which should be a big power boost for each of your teams

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw eAO is autoable thanks to the solo adjustments. This is what I wanted.
Edit: eVolk too!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Focus on upgrading your void weapons to get the High Dragon Bane skill and then get Chimeratech weapons and upgrade those so you can fight the high dragons and agito.
Clearing an agito once should give you the materials you need to craft a single agito weapon which should be a big power boost for each of your teams
Thanks. Are there guides on good characters to use for each element? I have a surprising number of 5 stars that I could probably make most teams. I just never looked into these events because they wer etough

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks. Are there guides on good characters to use for each element? I have a surprising number of 5 stars that I could probably make most teams. I just never looked into these events because they wer etough
There probably is some but I dont really use them, it might help to use gala characters or 5* characters that have their mana spiral upgrades. The mana spirals are usually gated by high dragon materials but those can be bought with fafnir medals. I know Marth is currently top tier with his mana spiral upgrade.

If you have Grace you should look up a build for her too, she's incredibly useful for all teams even outside her element

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
IM BACK.

TIME FOR DUAL GACHA TIME.

Pity system i salute you.
All my wyrmite is ready to get me that gala z no matter what rng want to do.

Weapon and Wyrmprint reworks is so big, gonna take me some time to fully understand and process it.

Quick questions.
If i get it right, once i unlock a ability for my swords(like say fire chars immune to petrification) that is always active on sword users that are fire element, no matter what sword i use.

Second, that weapon buff thing you can unlock on each weapon.
If i do that do i get the benefit of +0.5% hp/dmg on all swords, or just if i use that specific one ?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
IM BACK.

TIME FOR DUAL GACHA TIME.

Pity system i salute you.
All my wyrmite is ready to get me that gala z no matter what rng want to do.

Weapon and Wyrmprint reworks is so big, gonna take me some time to fully understand and process it.

Quick questions.
If i get it right, once i unlock a ability for my swords(like say fire chars immune to petrification) that is always active on sword users that are fire element, no matter what sword i use.

Second, that weapon buff thing you can unlock on each weapon.
If i do that do i get the benefit of +0.5% hp/dmg on all swords, or just if i use that specific one ?
Yes for the first question, it applies to all swords you use
Same with the second question, it passively buffs all of the swords like a facility or dojo does

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Most guides are kind of worthless right now since ~150 characters just got buffed

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
After this update; Dragalia just needs to add a search function to the Wyrmprints filter.

I love the fact they split off end game content like HDT and Agito into separate Solo/Co-op fights; with co-op being the original and solo being tweaked. It was the one feature they announced that seemed tailor made for how I've been playing the game. My mHDT solo teams didn't save to history; but I with the Wyrmprints redesign it doesn't matter much.

I'm still not sure how the weapon/upgrade system now works; I feel like I'm trying to set the time on a VCR. I had 7x Wyrmprints I didn't own so I grabbed them from the shop. Having new Wyrmprints pop up in the shop is going to have me spending Eldwater just to make sure the shop is always empty.

330 free summons was surprising. Spark system was my biggest want from last anniversary; glad to finally have it.

I can't believe they added an actual Battle Royale. Seems like a fun distraction; and there's 2x Sunlight Stones / 4x Champion's Testaments in it's Treasure Trade.

Just a great update all around.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Auto eCiella is much easier now. My team was very consistent before, but now they don't even break a sweat. You get four glaciers at pre-determined points so the tidal wave is barely a threat.

I also managed to solo Master Kai Yan. Definitely not autoable. The spheres have stupid high HP for solo so you need good dispels to be able to handle the buff spam during those sections. I used GAlex/Delphi/Patia/Grace so I could handle the buffs with GAlex's skills with Grace backing me up. I honestly don't thing mKai is possible to clear solo if you don't have either GAlex or Bellina. Grace can't handle the buffs on her own and there aren't other Shadow characters with Dispel on demand like those two, unless I'm forgetting someone.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I got chimeratech weapons for each element. Should I work on uncapping them or is one copy enough?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I got chimeratech weapons for each element. Should I work on uncapping them or is one copy enough?
One copy of each weapon for the characters in your team should be enough unless you have 2 of the same weapon type users in one team, in which case give it one more copy.

Focus on powering up the ones you have for now, I recommend powering up Wind or Dark first as Ciella and Kai Yan are the easiest agito to solo and beating them once will make those teams even stronger due to being able to craft an agito weapon

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
won battle royale with axe. Shame the skins for axe are so lame

not clear on what the knife force strike does... does it make you invisible

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the first BR match is a bot match, as is traditional, as I won and got 13 kills.

best I did after that is a few rounds later, 3rd with 9 kills as lance; I played a decent amount more last night and did badly, but it's pretty neat, just a little janky/hard to tell if what I did worked well or not

the different FS style screws with me in particular, hmm

...not looking forward to going over all my actual team slots today; I'm dreading fixing everything... I probably need to actually go make that new spreadsheet to track what's unlocked for each weapon, but that's not going to easily track what the costs are when there's a lot of different materials to consider

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I will say the Wyrmprint changes definitely has me looking closer at 4* prints than I did before. I had no idea there was a Wind Crit Damage print.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Vice. Only unit to be nerfed (outside of bug fixes), and he just got nerfed a second time

Granted a 3* being the best selfish DPS in the game for months on end and 10k more DPS than the next best shadow dagger--when there are three 5* shadow daggers--was nutty. But I hope they prioritize his inevitable Chef alt now

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So do events still not let you finish the story until the event is over? I just did the first anniversary rerun but it just stops in the middle of things lol

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So do events still not let you finish the story until the event is over? I just did the first anniversary rerun but it just stops in the middle of things lol

Raid events always have an epilogue that is unlocked once the event ends. Facility events and the new onslaught/defense events have complete stories from the get go.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
My rupies are running out QUICK
I'm so glad I invested in getting the gold fafnirs lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this game doesn't expire the draw tickets and other freebies they give out as long as you don't log in? My friend logged in for the first time in almost 2 years and he had like 17 ten draw tickets and a bunch of other stuff just sitting there in his limited box lol

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Some Version 2.0 Update PSAs from rummaging through /r/DragaliaLost
  • 5* "Chocolatiers" / 4* "A Rouges Banquet" / 5* "A Slice of Dragonyule" all have 50% Skill Prep. Combine whichever two to get 100% Skill Prep after the Wyrmprint changes.
    • "A Rouges Banquet" seems to have been given to players if they already had the "Chocolatiers" Wyrmprint.
    • "A Slice of Dragonyule" is cheaper to unbind than "Chocolatiers" due to it being an event Wyrmprint
  • Astral Shards can be used for manacaster tablets
  • Wyrmprint Augments were reset; reapply them as needed. Now can only apply +50HP/+50STR each due to abilities being removed and extra slots
  • Can purchase multiple cheap copies of good one-off event Wyrmprints like "United by One Vision" or "Bond Between Worlds"
  • Recommended weapon bonus unlock path so far is Void/Chimeratech > Agito > HDT > Core
  • To unlock all Core Weapon bonuses will cost 1650 total Twinkling Sands . . .
I'm already out of Void materials already so I guess I know what I'll be farming.

RIP Vice. Only unit to be nerfed (outside of bug fixes), and he just got nerfed a second time

Granted a 3* being the best selfish DPS in the game for months on end and 10k more DPS than the next best shadow dagger--when there are three 5* shadow daggers--was nutty. But I hope they prioritize his inevitable Chef alt now
Damn, I thought the 2x Champion's Testaments were just given as part of the Version Update. I guess that means I should look at bringing Delphi to 70MC.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I thought the 2x Champion's Testaments were just given as part of the Version Update. I guess that means I should look at bringing Delphi to 70MC.

I really like Delphi and usually main him on shadow teams. He has his own little support niche that isn't always "essential" but definitely noticable if it's missing. His ability to keep poison and def down up almost constantly is great. Shame he doesn't also have a native dispel as part of a support kit but there's always Ranzal's shared skill lol.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Double drops for High Dragon Trials, Volk, and Kai Yan are coming later on. The double drops for the Agito fights are co-op only, while the first round of HDT double drops are in solo as well.

I think I'll at least get the Master materials done for Agito and try to go pretty hard on the HDTs while the solo bonus is live. With the HDT Bane unlocked from Void weapons you ought to be able to auto all the eHDTs and maybe some of the mHDTs.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
This weapon change has devastated my teams and I have nowhere near the materials to get even close to where I was.

I'm back to using Mega man weapons which is embarrassing. RIP 4 Star elemental weapons.