• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Immortal is a neat pick, but come on, only one DKC?

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
3 consoles worth of Virtual Console and Nintendo is still with the tradition of trickling this shit in.

I understand the cost and work involved but its been 3 generations, they need to invest in a better system.
Oh absolutely. The Switch has the worst back catalog of Nintendo games since they started doing VC. There's no reason why we can't buy every first party Nintendo game on Switch from NES to Gamecube

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's great and all but this drip feed has sucked out most of my excitement for these type of announcements.

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason why we can't buy every first party Nintendo game on Switch from NES to Gamecube

Oh theres a ton of reasons for that, actually, thats not what I meant. Its non trivial amount of work

The problem lies in them changing the system so much from console to console that they probably have to do all the work over again from generation to generation instead of working on a more evergreen system

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
also EA games on NSO?!?!

!!e!UPO!B2M~$(KGrHqV,!lcEz+7Zsi4FBNP3EQ(dWg~~_58.JPG

SOON.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So now that that door is open, what other EA Nes/Snes games could we see on NSO?

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a list of 1st party NES and SNES games that Nintendo still hasn't released?

SNES still has plenty but NES 1st party shouldn't be many left, they're saving stuff like Earthbound Origins until the very end of the drip feed.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I already have that one on the SNES Classic. But hey, one step closer to the follow-ups!

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Beautiful. Two is the better game but so psyched this is finally happening. Hard not to think that 10 bucks a year ain't worth it now just for the games.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Only two SNES games.

Including only the first DKC, which has been on the SNES Mini for two years. And the last update was two months ago.

I try not to be negative about this stuff but NSO is honestly a joke.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, EA still owns the IP of Immortal? Neat. This is the first time an EA game appearing on a Virtual Console and that includes PSone classics on PSP/PS3.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Oh theres a ton of reasons for that, actually, thats not what I meant. Its non trivial amount of work

The problem lies in them changing the system so much from console to console that they probably have to do all the work over again from generation to generation instead of working on a more evergreen system
Oh I know there's plenty of problems including Nintendo wanting the most money possible for their old ass games.

You're right though. Sony and Microsoft learned the lesson too late, but still the valuable lesson that your digital purchase should be tied to your account and brought to the next console. There's still issues on their end, but if nothing else, our Wii U and 3DS VC purchases should be playable on Switch.

It's the perfect console for retro games. Everyone seems to understand that except Nintendo

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Decided to check, here's the only other Ea NES game: Skate or Die 2: The Search for Double Trouble
SNES on the other hand:
Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs (1992)
Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf (1992)
NHLPA Hockey 93 (1992)
Madden NFL '94 (1993)
NHL '94 (1993)
NHL 95 (1994)
FIFA Soccer 96 (1995)
Jungle Strike (1995)
NHL 96 (1995)
FIFA Soccer 97 (1996)
NHL 97 (1996)
FIFA: Road to World Cup 98 (1998)
Sports(unlikely), but the two strike games could happen

Note doesn't include games from companies they've merged with

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Pathetically small offerings for the wait but hey Ill play through DKC once again. Lets see how long it takes for DKC2 to hit the service.