• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
None of these social media sites deserve praise for waiting this long to do anything, but it's good because he'll be very mad.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
giphy.gif

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Fucking finally. Trump himself has admitted frequently he wouldn't have been president without social media.

This probably tanks his chances of a second term as well. Parler is like the only platform that he'd be welcome at, and Apple appears to be banning that from the app store within 24 hours. Today was a good day.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me at the office:

david-cameron-pig-antonio-banderas-computer-reaction-1455538041y.gif

Anyone who knows to photo shop this:
Donald Trump Permanently Suspended From Twitter
then this:
ErP0tMIXEAATxCE

is greatly appreciated. LOL

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Positively giddy from this news. Should have happened ages ago, but I am certain this will upset him more than not being president ever will.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
About time! Didn't think it would happen until the 20th, but after what everyone knew could happen, happened because if his lies, I'm glad they took his voice.

There needs to be a place that stores his tweets for posterity, just in case for evidence purposes.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone I know said, I hope the tweets are achived at least, for no other purpose than for historical purposes. He believes his entire presidency on Twitter is a history lesson that could be studied.

I imagine they've been archived. Probably has a team doing just that.
I also imagine they can contact Twitter and get the data.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Should've been done a long time ago. Thank god it finally happened. Trump de-platformed has less power over the republican party and his army of clowns. Try to organize a coup now, dicks.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else curious on the actual logistics of this? Like I now imagine a whole setup at Twitter HQ, a Ninja Warrior type of course and the winner gets to break a giant piece of glass and press a big red button.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also let me chime in with something we shouldn't forget.

Tech companies are more emboldened to do this because it's mainstream amongst the liberal wing of America that they need to held to a higher account. These acts of "self-governance" are window dressing to avoid that showdown. The party that has been saying they should be confronted are days away from having the power to start.

Twitter was the same platform that said if they actually enforced the TOS, Republicans would mostly be banned from it. Never forget this as we laugh that the thing Trump loved more than his children has been stripped from him.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
It's the right thing to do. He's so unpredictable he could incite more violence out of desperation. Or even decide to go out in a blaze of glory, inviting as much bullshit as possible.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure he must be dying to rant online as usual right now but now he can't hahaha. He's just a unhinged old man shouting in his room now.