• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Book will be like "He cheated at exams, he cheats at golf, he lies to people, he bullies people, he's a terrible bore".............Meanwhile his actual fucking crimes go unchecked.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Trump Supporters: "He worked smart not hard. That why he's the president libtards."

Honestly who cares what this dude has done. Sure its funny but there will be no consequences because everyone in power is a hypocrite. Just vote.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised, but I still feel sad - especially when undeserving people get ahead in academia.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Can you imagine doing this and then having the audacity to brag about your good grades and how you are a "really smart guy" with a "large uh brain" ?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't keep rubbing everyone's face in it, about how "smart" he is and how much he's "accomplished".

Then again, the stupid-rich don't actually see any difference between doing something yourself and paying someone to do something.

PlateOfShrimp

Apr 16, 2020
I figured his dad had paid someone off or bought a building for a school. Theres no way he'd get into a good school on his own.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is good to highlight this kind of stuff - higher education is bought and sold by the wealthy and powerful to keep that steamroller moving.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly confident in guessing that anything he claims to have achieved himself was actually due to someone else's hard work.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just imaging when George had Elaine take his IQ Test and she got sauce all over it.

AcceptableObeseBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Athletes seems like a different category than legacies and donors.
Depends. I don't remember numbers, but many athletes recruited by these schools are for the types of sports you need money to pursue. In many cases, it's just another way to get in rich white students.

Found the article:
www.theatlantic.com

College Sports Are Affirmative Action for Rich White Students

Athletes are often held to a lower standard by admissions officers, and in the Ivy League, 65 percent of players are white.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This probably explains why he was fixated on Obama's college transcripts. Like, how is black man better than him and smarter than him.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
Trump is an evil version of Billy Madison.

Billy rejected the evil penguin while Trump embraced it.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me. No way that man was able to finish any school on his intelligence. He must be one of the absolute dumbest people ever to be a president. You voted for a person who is borderline mentally handicapped.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't doubt it at all. What's more surprising is that Mary says that he actually paid the guy.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Book will be like "He cheated at exams, he cheats at golf, he lies to people, he bullies people, he's a terrible bore".............Meanwhile his actual fucking crimes go unchecked.
Yup. It can feel good to call him dumb and pat yourself on the back for being a hard worker who earned their education. But, no one in power really cares and neither do his supporters. He was born with a silver spoon whether he studied and graduated magna cum laude or just showed up once a semester and paid someone to do all the work never mattered and never will.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I really do wonder where he is now. Like, is he as smart as a 4th grader? Not one of those super advanced 4th graders. Like, one of the average kids.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
100% believable. As was his ghost writer when he said he doesn't think Trump has ever read a book in his adult life.

I genuinely wonder when the last time was America had such an idiot know-nothing for president.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
A rich person paying their way into a prestigious school I'd like the least shocking thing that could come of out of something like this.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
He probably pays someone to take a colonoscopy in his place too. Part of me actually kinda hopes so...

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They forgot to mention he couldn't actually get into Wharton, and had to sneak into a course by a loophole from another less notable university (with his brother Fred Trump calling in a favour with the admissions officer).
Once there he had terrible grades he's sued repeatedly to keep hidden and no one liked him.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I really do wonder where he is now. Like, is he as smart as a 4th grader? Not one of those super advanced 4th graders. Like, one of the average kids.

My 8 year old daughter is going into 3rd grade and made it into Gifted & Talented (GT). It's the first year they offer it here. She reads at an 8-9th grade level, and is great in Math. She's no genius, but I'm 100% confident she's already more intelligent than Trump.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Not really at these schools. "Athletics" is just another door to get in rich kids that don't have the grades or the legacy.
Are you sure about that?

I only know 3 kids that got into Harvard undergrad. None of them had any connections. One was just super smart and had really impressive achievements in high school and the other two got scholarships in football and wrestling.

Obviously this is all anecdotal but athletics seem to be a different category then a straight donation buying an admission or a legacy kid getting in with lesser grades.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Wait a second, you mean he's dishonest and... kinda bad?

Stop the fucking presses. This is gonna change everything!