• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2018
Hmm, I was trying to find a way to word what happened that would fit in the title. I'm open to changes.

Honestly at this point I'm getting anxiety about even starting this thread. I may just request it be closed if people oppose it that much.

Again, I just started it to point out he's trying to avoid his deplatforming and to keep Twitter accountable. But if others feel differently, I'll let it drop.

"Trump back on Twitter via loophole" makes it sound like he is using a separate account, or got his account reinstated.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Sad thing is that the merchandise for the 2024 campaing is on the making if not on the streets already. I wish this buffoon would just crawl back to his hole and never return.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Report them. They will get banned eventually.
Report that tweet and get on. Let's not waste too much time and effort on those ghouls.
will they though? and following that, should they?

as far as malicious compliance goes, this seems like a fair circumvention. I think the man himself should've been banned from the service in 2015, but suggesting that all written statements shared by him elsewhere should not be permitted on the platform seems like quite a step
So what's the penalty for circumventing a Twitter ban?
A double ban. unless you reside in Texas, then it's death

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless he gets back his 88 million followers, it is not exactly the same thing. A lot of people retweeting this stuff are likely just trying to leech followers by acting as a Trump conduit.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Not really the same thing. Kinda nuts how Twitter basically destroyed Trump completely.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hopefully it's only a matter of time.

While I do think it's only a matter of time, I don't think Trump's shitty kids are the problem.

Whenever I see Trump's statements on my timeline, it's not because of the Trump kids, because I don't follow his kids. It's always because of some journalist or pundit who just can't break their hyper obsession with every single fucking word (or hint of a word) that comes out of that man's mouth.

I don't think Twitter can fix that.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
His "official statements" will never give them the same fix as Trump retweeting some white nationalist meme or a gif that he pinched from r/thedonald, or his regular stream of consciousness rifs on whatever grinds his gears.

No politician will respond to him in this format. If he says anything remotely controversial retweets will be deleted or restricted. Biden refused to take the bait. It's a wobbly oar for a yacht with a hole in the side.

Moreover, him having no power just takes the weight off of everything he says. He's a loser facing indictment or possibly bankruptcy. I can safely ignore him for weeks at a time without crashing into another atrocity.

OP
OP
DyslexicAlucard
Oct 26, 2017
While I do think it's only a matter of time, I don't think Trump's shitty kids are the problem.

Whenever I see Trump's statements on my timeline, it's not because of the Trump kids, because I don't follow his kids. It's always because of some journalist or pundit who just can't break their hyper obsession with every single fucking word (or hint of a word) that comes out of that man's mouth.

I don't think Twitter can fix that.

It's definitely a tough spot to be in. Trump is still the defacto leader of one of the two major political parties in the country. So it's hard to ignore everything he says. On the other hand, it's definitely quieted down a lot since he was banned from Twitter and Facebook, so clearly it's helped.

The real question is why so many Republican politicians continue to kiss the ring. He lost them the House, the Senate and the Presidency in just four years -- as well as the vast majority of his social media reach. There are certainly some true believers, but there are also plenty of Republicans that could (and should) move away from him without much longterm damage.

Essentially the only reason he has any significant power is Republicans continuing to cowtow to him. They should have dropped him like they did Bush Jr. Then the media wouldn't be compelled/tempted to cover his bullshit because of his continued leadership position in the party.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Essentially the only reason he has any significant power is Republicans continuing to cowtow to him. They should have dropped him like they did Bush Jr. Then the media wouldn't be compelled/tempted to cover his bullshit because of his continued leadership position in the party.

Republicans have made no effort to publically wean these people off of Donald Trump for fear of losing political power. That's really what it boils down to. He resembles a part of america that doesn't think things through, is reactionary as hell, selfish as hell and quite evil in their indifference towards others outside of their group. If they don't see you fighting for Trump, they identify with trump and see it as you're not fighting for them and are an adversary and they'll stop at nothing to remove you.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean all you have to do is start a conspiracy that they're fake and it's his kids trying to coopt his followers away from him and it ratios itself away

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know who can tweet without the assistance of their kids? 99% of Twitter.

Keep being an embarrassment, Donny Boy.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
RigidFearfulCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif

Mar 30, 2019
Hahaha really? This loser has nothing better to do than try to muscle his way past a Twitter ban? Give me a break.

Keep trying you Pathetic Loser. I await any possible return of your stench to waft into any media avenue.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Why would they act on this? His account was banned, that's it
That's not it.

Time for Twitter to follow through with their promise. Ban all those kids of his.

www.theverge.com

Twitter is deleting Trump’s attempts to circumvent ban

He suggested he would build his own platform in now-deleted messages.

Twitter told The Verge earlier Friday that Trump would not be able to evade a ban by tweeting from a different account, and that his tweets might be deleted if he tweeted from a government account (like @POTUS). BuzzFeed has confirmed with Twitter that is exactly what happened.

If Trump tries to use a non-government account (say, if he created a new account), it would be permanently suspended "at first detection" according to Twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
That's not it.

Time for Twitter to follow through with their promise. Ban all those kids of his.

www.theverge.com

Twitter is deleting Trump’s attempts to circumvent ban

He suggested he would build his own platform in now-deleted messages.

Twitter told The Verge earlier Friday that Trump would not be able to evade a ban by tweeting from a different account, and that his tweets might be deleted if he tweeted from a government account (like @POTUS). BuzzFeed has confirmed with Twitter that is exactly what happened.

If Trump tries to use a non-government account (say, if he created a new account), it would be permanently suspended "at first detection" according to Twitter.

That's not what happened here though.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
They're probably just going to let him back on with his old account one day. He's too good for engagement.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is why so many Republican politicians continue to kiss the ring. He lost them the House, the Senate and the Presidency in just four years -- as well as the vast majority of his social media reach. There are certainly some true believers, but there are also plenty of Republicans that could (and should) move away from him without much longterm damage.
I think it's because they just don't know what else to do. For them, there's no way forward other than appealing to the Trump base because they are reliable and will seemingly forgive any and all faults in a candidate in the name of their culture wars. There are too many extremists in their party for them to try and assess the difficult task of developing a platform that appeals to a broader audience.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
It is. He is using his kids accounts to circumvent his ban.

Essentially, Trump is writing tweet-sized statements (that are already on Gab), releasing them as "statements," then having his kids quote them on their own Twitter accounts.
he's releasing them as email blasts mainly. those blasts contain images that can be easily shared or can be easily screenshotted. and people not banned on twitter can share them freely on that platform.

again, this really is not the same thing as him tweeting from another account. yes, it's a desperate circumvention, but they are statements he is sharing via other mediums/networks. I fail to see how they could enforce anything on this. it would mean no public statements made by banned parties could be shared on the platform at all, whether boosting or mocking (like parlertakes and stuff like that)...I detest slippery slope arguments but how is that not a bad idea?

Oct 25, 2017
he's releasing them as email blasts mainly. those blasts contain images that can be easily shared or can be easily screenshotted. and people not banned on twitter can share them freely on that platform.

again, this really is not the same thing as him tweeting from another account. yes, it's a desperate circumvention, but they are statements he is sharing via other mediums/networks. I fail to see how they could enforce anything on this. it would mean no public statements made by banned parties could be shared on the platform at all, whether boosting or mocking (like parlertakes and stuff like that)...I detest slippery slope arguments but how is that not a bad idea?

And the reality is every site is reporting on it and rebroadcasting it. So if they tweet out their story it's plausible the meta data scrapped from the story url could have the image.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We're trying to minimize the number of Trump threads, especially ones that aren't on major news, so this thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.