• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Some guys on here hunted me out on Discord when I first posted this thread. But I don't want to talk. I just now want help dying with dignity. The police, the hospital, they won't let me die. I just want to die.

hey TheGummyBear, those folks trying to reach via Discord are only trying to get in touch because we believe that regardless of how many bad things and choice we make, there is always something in life worth living for. I'm sorry you had to go through what you did with your family and neighbors but I assure you that if you reach out, you're gonna find more people that want you to be here and are willing to help you in anyway possible than to see you gone ❤

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
GummyBear, the hopelessness and despair is a pit and it feels endless but it is not, its an illusion a scared mind tells you. People care about you, people on here care about if you live or die, I care if you live or die, please don't give in.

You said you have a nephew and family, is there anyway you can abandon your flat and go live with any of them? the toxic environment you live in is feeding your darkness so rather than cutting out your life, cut out the toxicity.

I'll give you some advice someone once gave me when i was in a dark hole - stop worrying about what other people think of you, you don't need their validation, the only opinion that really matters, is your own and right now you've let that voice be influenced by people bringing you down - cut them out, ignore them, remember when you liked yourself and fixate on that, go back to that place and love yourself once again.

Please get some help, be that a professional, an outsider/stranger from your current environment, hell even from one of us, just please do not give into to the dark thoughts, that darkness isn't you, its not the real you. Don't let death be your release, let new life and hope be the thing to live for

Jac_Solar

Oct 28, 2017
It's been this for five years and I can't stand it anymore.

So you were happy at some point? It's just been 5 years? While that sounds awful, you owe it to yourself to try and get back to before. My brother suffered from depression, but he got on medication and he's now so much happier. Have you tried medication?

Raziel

Alt Account
Banned
May 28, 2019
If you survive life gets much more harder with a disability and constant pain. So please dont do it and get help from a professional

qhoang

Oct 26, 2017
Samaritans hanged up on me the first time I tried them. I was on a bridge and had been dragged away by the police with no offer home once I was seen.

I have no time for suicide helplines after that. I just want the dark.
Don't give up on people. You're not alone, OP. Look at all the people in this thread, complete strangers, that wants to talk to you and wishes you the best. I wish I could give you actual advice/treatment, but I know nothing. But there are people out there that can and want, be it professionals, survivors or just smart decent people.

It's been this for five years and I can't stand it anymore.
Nor should you. You should get treatment. If you break your bone, you go to a doctor. If you don't, you'll probably be miserable. Same thing when you break your mind. Nothing wrong or shameful about either. We're human. We break sometimes.

OP
OP
TheGummyBear

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
So you were happy at some point? It's just been 5 years? You owe it to yourself to try and get back to before. My brother suffered from depression, but he got on medication and he's now so much happier. Have you tried medication?

No, it's been alone for five years. I've never been happy I don't think.

I mean, I was with my ex, but in my memory I don't think I was. That was endorphins.

I grew up being told I am broken, won't amount to anything. I was bullied and harassed, to the point I fell out of school and became a shutaway.

I have no grades, no job, nothing. I have nothing to be proud about in my life and I'm 28. I feel useless.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, I was with my ex, but in my memory I don't think I was. That was endorphins.

I grew up being told I am broken, won't amount to anything. I was bullied and harassed, to the point I fell out of school and became a shutaway.

I have no grades, no job, nothing. I have nothing to be proud about in my life and I'm 28. I feel useless.

You're only 28! You have so much life left to do anything you want. You're not useless, you have a lot to offer the world and you've got a lot of time to do that.

I'm glad I interacted with you today, you've made a positive impact to me by talking to me GummyBear.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017

28 is pretty young, you have loads left to live for. Ending things wont make it better, it just stops you from being able to turn it round. Just think, this point right now, this is as low as you can go, things will start to get better from tomorrow. Just focus on small things, little things you can do to make shit better. Eat a cupcake, play a game you love, wathc a good movie, watch a shit movie. Then think about the next 1 thing you can do that would bring even the slightest bit of enjoyment and keep going and keep going until you are building a life of enjoyment doing things you love. Relationships will come from that because you will find people that enjoy the same shit as you do. You can lead a happy life, just focus on 1 thing at a time.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017

If you've been told you're broken and won't amount to anything it's not strange and certainly not your fault you fell out of school and became a shutaway. That's not for you to be ashamed of.

You say you have nothing to be proud of? I disagree. You've been feeling like this for so long, and you're still alive. That's something to be proud of. Fuck, that's something to be HELLA proud. You want to jump of a bridge, but you won't because you care to much for your nephew. How is that not something to be proud of? You don't want other people to be traumatized because of you. Tell me. How is that not something to be proud of? To me that says you're a good person. And the world could need more people with that attitude.

Jac_Solar

Oct 28, 2017

Well.. you're not. Your memory might be betraying you. You might have felt joy, but like I said, depression is such an insidious thing. It's more than likely a temporary state. Your first reaction was to say you've been like this for 5 years, so that sounds like it might mean something. You've overcome many things, you still haven't given up. You've found it in yourself to reach out at this moment, which is something many people do not. Whether you realize it or not, you don't want to give up.

No jobs, grade, whatever, that doesn't mean ANYTHING in the grand scheme. Especially not at 28. You can turn that around at any point. Some people don't hit their stride until way later than 28. But try not to worry about those things, and focus on healing yourself first. That's the most important thing. Go to therapy, get medication. It does help. A lot.

Last edited:

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Nobody ever does shit by 28. Hell, I'm 43 and I still haven't really done shit. All I can say is that the difference in happiness between mid-20's me and 43 year old me is very great. Mid-20's me was a warehouse worker who thought I'd never make any money. I'm now the Controller of my company. Mid-20's me was forever alone. I'm 16 years married with an almost 5 year old now. Stuff changes and you scarcely remember what it was like for that other version of yourself.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017

Brother, when I was 22 I was in a similar place and had similar thoughts. Miserable, unemployed, not in school, total shutaway.

My anxiety was entirely uncontrolled and I kicked a lot of decent people out of my life. I felt useless as well.

With that said, I took the initiative to make a collected effort for change. I realize that the dynamic for everything right now is difficult due to the virus, but you have a lot of options available to work toward financial stability. My ass is 30 and still picking up the pieces from that really toxic time in my life.

Once you take that initiative for change, lots of positive situations pop up in your life. There are always going to be stumbles and setbacks, but if you keep pushing things will work out. Like I said, I am coming from a shared personal experience. I'm not some self righteous person who is just saying, "no please don't." Because those words fell on deaf ears for me too. I'm saying try what I did and things will change. I am literally an example of someone who knew my shit was fucked like you feel right now, and I took City tests for employment, enrolled in community college, and worked toward mending some of those lost friendships. I don't know much about what you went through with your ex, but right now your personal health is more important. When the time is right you can find someone else.

Please just try. Know that if you let it things will improve.

edit: Also! My ass is fucking 30 dude and I'm back in school for medical. It's literally a non issue. Nobody in class cares you're 28 and you'll find a lot of people in a similar position. Also, most of these girls like older guys anyways. 😂😅

OP
OP
TheGummyBear

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Its not the shame of being in school. There's no shame in being in school. Everyone learns everyday is my motto. I say it to my nephew all the time.

It's that I don't have basic grades. Not even failing ones.

I'm such a failure.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Its not the shame of being in school. There's no shame in being in school. Everyone learns everyday is my motto. I say it to my nephew all the time.

I'm such a failure.

Like you said yourself, everyone learns every day. You're constantly improving :)

Idde

Oct 27, 2017

I'm such a failure.

Can you tell me why the bolded is?

And edit: the first part of your post is a very decent thing to say. You seem to be a good person. Not a failure.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017

I'm such a failure.
Grades dont mean shit. Its just a bit of paper to say someone paid attention one time. You are in a position at the moment where you can literally do anything. Failing helps us learn. Nothing you do can make you feel worse than you do now so just go for it.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017

I'm such a failure.

Well, this is exactly a goal that can be attained and it can be the start of your new self. This should be your main goal. Focus on it and trust me, once you see results (and you will if you make it your motivation to improve yourself) it will spread to other areas of your life. Be safe, OP. You still have a lot to contribute and enjoy in this world.

Last edited:

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
I was bullied at school. The bullies broke my arm but I was blamed by the headteacher as having fell. After the same thing happened again, when a bully went for my throat with scissors, my mum pulled me out of school,

Thanks for responding. So wait. YOU'RE the failure because your MOM pulled you out of school because BULLIES broke your arm and put scissors to your throat and the HEADTEACHER did jack shit about it? That does not sound like you failing at anything my dude. That does not say anything about you.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I cancelled it. I'm now intent on the Hague. They will let me drift into the eternal sleep.

I hate living. I yelled at my neighbours. They hate me. I have no way to get to family. I am a broken human being.

Uncancel that appointment. Give it a shot, please. Also, fuck your neighbors. I'd bet most of us here have had shitty neighbours, and some of those definitely deserve being yelled at. Fuck 'em.

Look, 28 is not old by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm not just saying that to make myself feel young, being a decade older than you. Seriously, there's only so much one can accomplish in their life up until that point in life. Being 28 today is not anywhere near the same as being 28 a generation ago, let alone two generations ago.

Hey, you don't have any grades? Doesn't matter. There's plenty of time for that, if you'd like to pursue education. A grade doesn't define you or make you any more or less valid as a person. You know that, I know you do. No job? Not having an income can be a huge stress to be sure, but merely having a job doesn't say anything about a person.

You've got plenty of time and will have plenty of opportunity to study, or work or meet someone and have a family or whatever, if you decide that's what you want to do. Everybody's life is different, and not everyone will want to accomplish the same things. Don't limit yourself by comparing your life to some checklist of what makes you potentially profitable to others, because that's what we've been brought up into doing. Fuck grades and titles and shit. Fuck it all. You are not useless. You are every bit as valuable, worthy of respect, love and happiness as everybody else.

You may have been broken, emotionally, but you're fixable. You can still amount to great things, if you decide to. Let us help you. Let us at least try to make up for all the shit that other people have put you through. Like it or not, you're a part of us now, of our lives, and that's just the way we want it. We want you here, man. Please, I'm begging you, make that call and get that appointment back on, please.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
I was bullied at school. The bullies broke my arm but I was blamed by the headteacher as having fell. After the same thing happened again, when a bully went for my throat with scissors, my mum pulled me out of school,

Your Headteacher and the education authority failed you, they directly resulted in you not receiving a proper education, frankly i'd say they are open to litigation here that is that bad, both civil and criminal - I'm 38 and was bullied in school and my Mum spoke to the education authority then and they came down on the school to investigate and take action, so they could have and should have for someone in school 10 years after me!
As much as it may seem harsh your Mum also failed you, she could have fought for you, she could have home schooled you, she could have got you in a safer school and helped you in some way to catch up

You are no failure there.

I would also point out, you say you have no grades, and nothing to show from your time in school - you come across as articulate in your posts, so you clearly have an education - at your age you can re take test, do qualifications, perhaps thats something for you to look into and 'fixate' on? give you a light in the dark to aim towards

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
People have jumped out of helicoptors and lived. You could live, and that sounds like it'd be fucking awful.

H2Yo

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
My best friend killed himself by jumping when we were 17. I'm in my mid 30s now and even now to this day it's ruined my life somewhat.

So to answer the question, yes for a few moments for him. Extreme Yes for 20+ years for everyone that knew him.

Please seek help.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
He's my little best friend.

But I don't want to hurt him.

By saying I'm darth vader he gets I turned mean and evil, and I would still be alive to him.

Vader deep down cared for Luke like you do care for your nephew. maybe being with your nephew longer can bring to light the Anakin that I know exists inside of you.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

By saying I'm darth vader he gets I turned mean and evil, and I would still be alive to him.

You don't sound mean and evil to me.

Heck, I think if more people seemed to care about those close to us, as you do about your nephew, then we'd all be a lot happier.

Have you tried giving him a call? It might be really nice to find out how he is and what he's been up to.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Vader beat his inner evil and overcame the Emperor! Just like you can.

Give your nephew a call, I'm sure he'd really appreciate it and it would help you too. You both seem to care about each other a lot.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Hey TheGummyBear.

I just wanted to let you know I had a lot of the same feelings last night. And I continuously have these same feelings. But here's the thing, I'm still here. I've lived 30 years with these feelings. I take meds, get therapy, and I still feel like this somedays.

But here's the thing, I don't feel like this EVERY day.

I don't know your situation. And throwing out superlatives like "It gets better" and "You aren't alone" a lot of times only hurts, not helps. I get that. But it sounds like you've been through some shit, and a lot of it isn't your fault. I get that. In High School, I was put on a watch list by teachers and students because, being the depressed, bullied, suicidal kid, I was the one most likely to shoot up the school. I was basically put into child labor at 14 years old working full-time, so rather than spending time with friends (which I didn't have, tbh), I was working.

But here's the thing - I keep going. That's because the human body has this amazing mechanism that wants to stay alive when it is put in a dangerous situation. I can't tell you how many times I've stared down off a bridge, held a knife to my neck, tied a noose. But every time, I can't do it, because while my brain wants me to die, my body wants me to live.

Sometimes, don't listen to your brain. I know that's hard, because your brain essentially is you. But it is just a part of you. You are loved by people more than you know. And if you don't believe that, look at this thread. Everyone wants you to live, dude. We don't even know you, and we want you to live.

Just put it off. Say you'll go to the bridge tomorrow. Just relax and play video games. Reach out to me on PM if you want. Call someone. Stay with us, man.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
It took me two 5+ year toxic and co-dependent relationships and being laid-off the month of the last US presidential election to finally push me into therapy to get a firm grasp on how badly my mother's Borderline Personality Disorder affected my self-image and ability to build and maintain connection. Mental illness is cyclical and so many of us were taught to just keep our chin up and ignore it.

Talk therapy helps. You've got dealt a very rough hand, including a bad counselor, which isn't fair. But just like there are good and bad posters here I promise you can find a better and more empathetic councilor that's willing to at least help you make sense of this.

Five years is SO LONG to suffer this way, TheGummyBear, and I promise that everyone in here who's gone though anything like what you're going through wants desperately for you to see the other side of it. (And so does your nephew!) Five years of trying things that haven't been working must have you feeling so hopeless and frustrated. That's not unreasonable and it's not your fault.

Making this thread instead of just taking another attempt at your life is a MASSIVE first step at trying something different. It tells me that you're willing to look for resources that you haven't before. You're sharing your experiences right now. Fault and responsibility aren't the same thing, ESPECIALLY when it comes to mental health. You CAN build from this awful space you're in and you deserve to.

I may be a stranger to you, but looking at your post history I see so much compassion and enthusiasm. Being kind doesn't mean you never hurt people, it means recognizing what you can do to avoid continuing to. We'd all be worse off without you.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this will help, but reading your post is seems you are unfairly attacking yourself for having a hard life.

Humans thrive with mutual support, encouragement, mentoring, guidance. It's why we have these elaborate institutions and also family structures. We literally cannot do it alone. We need support systems in place.

However, I think in the last 30 years or so, especially in the West, we started telling people that they alone are responsible for their success and life outcomes. There is a good part that is true. However, it doesn't tell the full story. It's a massive oversimplification.

A kid born in Orange Country, California and a kid born in poverty in the 3rd world will have massively different outcomes. And that's a coin flip. You don't choose your parents. That's not even mentioning that the kid in Orange County will have access to better a better education, will be well fed, have regular doctor visits, get additional support via sports leagues, tutoring and the like. Is that kid magically more resilient than the other? Of course not. Our environments plays a huge role in our thriving. Not just our physical environment, but our psycho-social environment.

Based on your posts, it seems you've had mostly toxic and verbally abusive relationships in your recent life. Humans are just not going to thrive with that long term.

A good first step is seeing a professional ASAP. They will help you put together a plan to slowly start building a healthy support system. Your mind is also very powerful. It plays tricks on you. This is where transparent relationships, starting with trained pro helps. They can help identify bad patterns. Moreover, you may also need medication. Sometimes the brain just needs helps. Nothing wrong with that.

But, I entreat you to get professional help. It won't be an overnight change, but you will be on the right track.

Mar 30, 2019
I think it is noble to do a simple act like spending time with your nephew. I grew up watching out for my younger brother starting around 9 or 10. My mom was trying her best to make money and get a degree which made spending time with her difficult. I resonate with that sense of responsibility.

I understand you may want to put distance to protect him, but your relationship will suffer in the process. Which isn't healthy for either of you.

You should uncancel your appointment and make a commitment to your mental health. So what if you fail or flutter around the issue a couple of times. Commit to the big steps in a messy way if you have to. You can't expect to heal or be healthy at the drop of a hat. Not that you are holding that view.

I get squeamish considering talking on something like Discord. Your reason is probably different, but I feel reflexively distrustful of people wishing to talk directly. It's something I have to overcome every interaction. It is worth the effort to do something out of your comfort zone though. I usually avoid doing the PM or phone calls myself, even though I acknowledge their usefulness.

It takes some personal strength and trust in the goodwill of people that can get you through this. Do it for yourself, your nephew, whatever reason you need that makes it worthwhile. Maybe reread the thread from the beginning to see the positive messages people sent to you. I'm rooting for you.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017

You're gonna hurt him if you end up killing yourself, no matter how. It will end up hurting for him for the rest of his life.

I know I'm nagging you, but I have to. Go call the mental health people and get that appointment back on. You would do it not only for yourself, but for your nephew, and I think it would be something you could be very proud of. It would be the first step out of this shit.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Darth Vader also has a moment of redemption that literally turns the tide for his son when all hope was lost. That redemptive moment changed his entire legacy. You're in a unique position as an uncle, Gummy, because you may be the one your nephew turns to for hope when things don't go right - and you'd know a thing or two about things not going right, based on what I'm reading. I can't even begin to imagine the pain your nephew would feel, your little best friend, if he heard his uncle died.

Please un-cancel that meeting and speak with the mental health group. If not for yourself, at least for our sake because we want you to do well for yourself and we're all worried about you and rooting for you.

Last edited:

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, your problems feel huge right now, but trust me, they are not. given time and help you will look back and be relieved you did not give into temptation.

Everybody arround you struggles in our own way, we all fight our own battles and the fact that you are here telling about yours means deep down you want to get better. You want to win this!

You mentioned you looove MGS3, its one of my favorite games in the metal gear series, but you taking your own life is like quitting after the first few big challenges in the game, but the game in the end was a journey that made all those challenges worth it. That is exactly like life. Life has its challenges, some bigger some smaller, but in the end, if you overcome them, life is incredibly rewarding.

One of those rewards is seeing your little nephew grow up and become the best person he can be, and think about this, you can help him become that person. you can be a meaningful person in his life, because you became wise of your own battles and you can be a rock to him when he grows up and support him when he needs a person he can trust the most.

You can win this, you can overcome any challenge life throws in front of you because it is worth it to live, it is worth it to connect to others and be a part of humanity, be the redemption story, be an inspiration to others who are also down on their luck by overcoming yours.

Mar 30, 2019
I'm going to replay MGS3 today now due to this thread. I have the PS3 collection version and forgot if that copy of Subsistence has the joke cutscenes or not. I remember laughing my ass off to those outtakes and hope they are there. Nothing like a little snaky jajanken to get the laugh out.

Windy_Smile

Oct 27, 2017
OP my man, I had tendencies before, my brother tried committing suicide thrice. But me, him and you are all here right now because something deep inside does not want to let go, you know that there is a chance that all of this will turn around. I'm the complete opposite of who I was when I was younger, I'm so much more positive and full of Hope now.
Please talk to us, something that one of us says will make sense. None of us know you but we love you.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
hey TheGummyBear. I feel you, I really do. It's hard now the see a silver lining but believe me. We are here to support you. Being alive at this time, with so much suffering around is (for me) an accomplishment. You are stronger than you think, you have people that care for you and with time you will meet amazing people that will love you and be there for you. Hang on a little.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I know that sinking feeling. I promise you there is a path back up. We need you in this world OP! You're already stronger than you think you are.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In ten years your nephew might find himself exactly where you are right now - at the end of his tether - and he would wish for nothing more than to talk to you, and you would be the person to talk him down. Imagine if you weren't there for him to reach out to?

I don't mean to be heavy handed throwing this prospect out there. But you've got to see that there's a lot of time ahead and most of it will be very different to your present circumstances.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
I'd also like to say OP; you've been in this situation so long already, what's the harm in going to the mental health triage? If you have your mind set on The Hague, I live in Amsterdam, close by. I'll make sure for you The Hague doesn't go anywhere. But if you do go to the triage, worst outcome it doesn't work out for you, and you can continue on with your idea.

Best outcome you finally DO meet someone who can get you the help you need and deserve. And not only will you get out of your fucked up situation, after probably a lot of hard work, but you'll get to see your nephew grow up.

I get not wanting to be in this situation anymore. Believe me, I do. I want my situation to end as well. Sometimes by any means necessary. But going to the triage only gives you extra options. It doesn't take any away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGummyBear

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
In ten years your nephew might find himself exactly where you are right now - at the end of his tether - and he would wish for nothing more than to talk to you, and you would be the person to talk him down. Imagine if you weren't there for him to reach out to?

I don't mean to be heavy handed throwing this prospect out there. But you've got to see that there's a lot of time ahead and most of it will be very different to your present circumstances.

I'm confident he'll be okay. My sister got him a kitten, they're best friends.

And he has no abusive dad.

My mum couldn't report the beatings because he was police. I'll never forget her being thrown against the parrot cage and then him turning to me, yelling shut up, then kicking me. With those fucking steel toed boots.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to be harsh, but you cant know that. I know people who had everything until they were in their 40s then lost everything and went down the saddest path. Conversely know people who came from backgrounds of abject abuse and came back swinging in their 30s. And everything in between.

In years to come, your nephew might find himself bullied at school, or heartbroken, or with horrible anxiety, or having lost that kitten, or just needing a break... and he'll want you to be the person he can rely on to come to. Even if the big picture seems bleak beyond redemption, these relationships are a two way street: you need to be there for them too. It's not one way.

My mum couldn't report the beatings because he was police. I'll never forget her being thrown against the parrot cage and then him turning to me, yelling shut up, then kicking me. With those fucking steel toed boots.
There's nothing I can say to this except that I'm sorry - and that you are STILL not alone in that experience. Many people can empathise and help you get through this. To boot, life does change for a lot of people.

The comments in this reddit thread were eye opening to me. The sheer amount of people have been where you are on the scale (at 8 or 9) in the past but genuinely find themselves presently at a 3 or 4, years later...

The present can seem endless, all encompassing, relentless - but life can and does change. One day at a time. It's a long and malleable and dynamic thing. Years from now you might look back and be stunned by how much better everything is.

Please read through the comments on that post and see you're not alone here. No human or experience is isolated. We're all in it together.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
You seem pretty cool from your posts, people have failed you but whatever, that's not your fault you're not the failure. Twenty eight is nothing, forty years old is nothing, you can still reset and start fresh and kick so much ass. The best people you have ever met that will give meaning to it all and that will NOT fail you are still to come. And think of your awesome nephew too, think of how you don't want to hurt him with this, he will not be ok if you go, don't fool yourself. Please don't do it. I've been there too and I was much older, trust me it does get so much better even if it doesn't seem like it now, please don't do it.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017

If you die he won't be okay. He won't. That's just your disease trying to rationalize and downplay the dark shit in your head and what it brings with it. He may not have an abusive dad, but then he wouldn't have a supportive uncle either. You are seriously underestimating your importance, to him and in general. Which isn't your fault, it's all part of the package when you're depressed, but it has to be pointed out nevertheless.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. But, what he did doesn't say anything about you. It may say a lot about why you are where you are today, but it doesn't have any bearing on your value. I'm sorry if I've missed this info, but is he still around?