• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I despise the taste and smell of alcohol and I have a nose for it like a bloodhound, so I think I can count the times I've had anything of that nature to drink on one hand.

I go back and forth between drinking a sane cup or two of coffee per day and reeeally overdoing my consumption, though, but I'm an insomniac with or without it, so on some level a little bit is unavoidable if I want to be anything resembling a functioning human being.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Nope. Never have and never will. Grew up with an alcoholic mother and I'm doing my best to turn out the exact opposite of her. I only drink water, decaf herbal tea, and milk.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely drink alcohol, maybe one cocktail a month if I go out to eat with others. Wine and Beer seem to be a migraine trigger for me and I don't really like them anyways.

Don't like Coffee at all, haven't had it in years. Maybe a few times my whole life.

Don't drink soda pretty much at all. Maybe once every couple months when I'm getting fast food or something. Used to go through at least a 12 pack of Vanilla Coke or Mountain Dew Code Red a week in high school, but kinda lost the desire for it.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I don't drink alcohol. Drink coffee only when I barely slept at night, but I don't like how coffee tastes. Never tried any sort of energy drinks.
I drink water, tea, milk + occasionally soda and juice.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped drinking for a while like 10 years ago when it was clear to me that it was becoming problematic in combination with my depression, but nowadays, I'm fine. I normally drink once a week with my cousin.

I drink a lot of caffeine though, but I justify it to myself by considering my second monster of the day my pre-workout.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I don't drink coffee or alcohol at all.
I don't really like tea but I'll still drink it if it's in a meal set or someone bought it for me.
I also hate any kind of carbonated drinks.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I don't morally abstain, or anything, but honestly I don't find the effects of alcohol worth the detriments, so I very, very rarely drink. Basically just now and then when someone insists I "have to try" a wine or new microbrew or whatever.

I guess the issue is that I don't exercise any self-control to begin with, so when I'm drunk I'm basically the same but less coordinated and more gassy.

BuryAllen

Oct 28, 2017
never drank alcohol and very rarely drink coffee
if I drink anything coffee it's going to be some iced coffee at mcdonalds or starbucks

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I rarely drink alcohol of any kind. I usually have it once or twice out of the year. I didnt realize how much it ages you when you constantly drink it. People think im 10+ years younger than I actually am and don't take me seriously at first.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I drink but it's become less as I get older. I got pretty bad last year, couple times a week. But I've cut down a lot the last couple months.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I don't drink alcohol anymore. I suspect I might have an addictive personality, so I try to stay away from booze just to be on the safe side. I do miss getting hammered sometimes, but overall I feel better not drinking.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I tried it once when I was in my early twenties, and realized that I really liked it. The problem is, I am the sort of person that, when I really like something, I want it ALL THE TIME. So I quickly realized that it would be a very short road from "social drinker" to "raging alcoholic," and I swore never to touch the stuff again.

Nov 5, 2017
It's rare for me to have a cup of coffee. I tried to have it on a consistent basis but never kept it going. It's even rarer for me to have a drink. I only like one drink but I'll only have it if I go out with friends or to a function and that isn't always a guarantee.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I drink beer. I like it. But coffee? Stay away from that shit after the morning has passed. Used in the wrong way it can shorten your life.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I can't actually think of a UK pub I've ever been to that has anything other than Pepsi/Sprite in stock, they seem to have cornered that market.

It's hard to tell sometimes because the cola tap in pubs are just a glorified liquid hose and there's never any large bright shiny branding to signify if it is Pepsi or Coke like the beer and cider keg pump taps. And let's be honest, if you ask for Coke you'll get Pepsi and vice versa without being told if the pub doesn't stock either brands. And if you are familiar with the taste of your favourite cola then you'll know. The number of times I get Coke Zero when I asked for Diet Coke is a lot. Same if I ask for Diet Coke and get a Pepsi Max instead. I personally don't mind but the first sip does make you go "hang on a second".

Now that you mention it, I don't think I recall ever seeing Coke cans/bottles in major pubs. Just restaurants.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I almost never drink alcohol, never on my own, and never drink coffee. My liquid intake is fairly healty. No drugs either. Only fatty food for me. And one day, boom.
tumblr_mfnuo1IAPO1qedb29o1_500.gifv

Pavarotti, Elvis and Brando got it right all along.

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
I reduced my alcohol intake when I was 32. Now I only drink once or twice per year on very special occasions. Got to say, I don't miss it.

Coffe on the other hand. I'm addicted to it. Can´t function at my job without it.

I've never tried coffee... I've always been a morning person, and never felt the need to drink the stuff.

As for alcohol, I don't drink it regularly. I haven't had it in AGES. Usually during a social setting or special occasion I'll have a drink. But I'm usually driving so that's it.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Not for 12 years. I was a pretty heavy drinker from 15 to 18 or so, but only out of peer pressure. Then, when I went to University it just gradually became less and less until I just stopped altogether.

Nowadays I can't stand the smell. Makes me retch.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I drink soda (all diet) which I suppose isn't much better, but I don't drink alcohol or smoke.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I only drink water, milk and sometimes orange juice. On rare occasion I'll still have a soda, but only varieties without caffeine. I'm prone to migraines, and cutting out caffeine a few years ago has seriously reduced their frequency.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, watching alcohol destroy several lives in my family completely turned me off the stuff. Coffee and tea, though? Love those!

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Maybe one glass of wine per month, but that's it. Used to go partying with my friends every weekend till I turned 25, then steadily became less and less until I pretty much completely stopped drinking alcohol about 7 years ago when my wife got pregnant with our first kid. Not missing it one bit, the mere thought of having a hangover or being around other drunk people disgusts me.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I never acquired a taste for it and I hate how ppl act when they're drunk.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't handle it well. I few sips and my face is red hot. Half a beer gets me dehydrated with a pounding headache.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I usually have a 20oz of mexican coke once every 2 or 3 weeks. Coffee maybe twice a year. Alcohol is pretty rare anymore. I've never liked the flavor, but I do like getting drunk and hangovers barely register for me. I only like to drink when at a party or a bar and I haven't done that in years and none of my friends go out anymore so the opportunity just doesn't come up I guess.

I pretty much just drink water & milk only.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I largely abstain from booze, maybe having one drink a year, max 2.

just don't see the point of getting a buzz or wasting all that money on it.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I used to drink a lot, but it was starting to become a problem so I stopped. Haven't had a drink in about 3 years now.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I drink but like so rarely youd think I didn't. In essence I drink only when I feel like getting drunk which is once in a super rare occasion.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Not often. 3 or 4 times a year, tops. I like some alcohol but I don't feel the need to have it most of the time unless it's a good food pairing.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Stopped drinking a while ago. Don't miss it at all.

I also stay away from caffeine and sugar because it's terrible for my ADD. Very sensitive to that kind of stuff.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do drink coffee but I completely stopped drinking alcohol.
Don't see a benefit in it and none of my friends care that I'm not drinking.