• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely still a superhero movie, but I'm saying the horror is very much front & center.

For Marvel SH movies, I guess? The Spider-Man 2 hospital scene was much more intense or horror filled than anything in DS2. That is such a well crafted scene. I was expecting more of that and didn't get anything near that level.

May 26, 2018
For Marvel SH movies, I guess? The Spider-Man 2 hospital scene was much more intense or horror filled than anything in DS2. That is such a well crafted scene. I was expecting more of that and didn't get it anything near that level.

The hospital scene isn't more horror -- it's superbly choreographed is all. Wanda breaking her bones to climb out of the gong reflection is just as horrific, but it doesn't have the precision of a ballet or Hong Kong kung fu fight like the hospital scene.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The Doc Ock hospital scene is so much tamer than anything in MoM. It's a great piece of filmmaking but it's more of a nod to horror than full blown scary or gruesome.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it was rated R I would have expected much more for it to be earned. It works well as stretching a PG-13 rating.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The hospital scene isn't more horror -- it's superbly choreographed is all. Wanda breaking her bones to climb out of the gong reflection is just as horrific, but it doesn't have the precision of a ballet or Hong Kong kung fu fight like the hospital scene.

That is a lessor rip from The Ring. We've seen that stuff a million times, done much more effectively.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the movie did a fair job of stretching the pg13 I mean shit it's a step on the right direction to more darker marvel comics i still have no idea how there gonna do deadpool

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Just got back from watching this movie. Wow, did it go places. For one, really pushing the power creep here. It's just crazy how strong Wanda as the Scarlet Witch gets. I couldn't believe she handily defeated that one universe's heroes one by one in such brutal ways. I felt it was fitting that the only way Wanda would lose her will to get what she can't have and accept things as they are would be to see what happens when she tries to invade another dimension where she exists. Being seen as a crazed monster harming the other mom just makes it clear she doesn't belong.

That after-credits though. Strange can't control this power. But now he suddenly can. And literally who?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this a lot more than expected l. It definitely felt like 90s Raimi and 00s Raimi stole a much more boring MCU film and shot hit own version and those were probably the best parts of the film, maybe of anything I can remember of the MCU in a good long while

Oct 25, 2017
The actual scary shit from the Raimi Spider-Man movies was the fact Green Goblin had grenades that just turned people into skeletons

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved all the horror elements and Scarlett absolutely destroying the illuminati in gory fashion.

Everything else was by the book Marvel formula. Corny dialogue and flat humor.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
philips-pasta-machine.jpg

542Ir0.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Just got back from watching this movie. Wow, did it go places. For one, really pushing the power creep here. It's just crazy how strong Wanda as the Scarlet Witch gets. I couldn't believe she handily defeated that one universe's heroes one by one in such brutal ways. I felt it was fitting that the only way Wanda would lose her will to get what she can't have and accept things as they are would be to see what happens when she tries to invade another dimension where she exists. Being seen as a crazed monster harming the other mom just makes it clear she doesn't belong.

That after-credits though. Strange can't control this power. But now he suddenly can. And literally who?
Wanda's basically always been at *the* top of the list in terms of power. In Infinity War we saw her single-handedly destroy an Infinity Stone and hold off 5-Infinity Stone Thanos simultaneously.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't tend to listen to critics or review for movies or games. I saw all the mix reactions to this movie and as someone that watches everything MCU I started to get nervous that the movie was bad.

Glad I walked out loving the movie way more than I thought I would. At this point I think most people who don't like this movie are ones who got turned off by the tone shift style Raimi brings or are at a point where the MCU is just not clicking with them post Endgame.

I've been waiting for Marvel to finally get more comic booky with these stories now that Thanos is gone. Give me multiverses, magic and all things fun about the genre. I'm done with trying to make these stories feel like they can happen in the real world some what. Give me Secret Wars!

Oct 27, 2017

Comic Wanda can rewrite reality. This Wanda is only just now scratching the surface of what she could theoretically do. they've had the leash on her till now, and to be fair the comics often times go through different ways of explaining why characters really don't unleash their full potential, which is a particular thing with mutants considering some of them are fundamentally so powerful that they'd be world destroyers if they were really allowed to be written to the level that their powers could go to when fully unleashed.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it. Loved it! I can't believe an ABC Inhuman's character appeared in the MCU before Daisy Johnson. Love the Xmen themesong when Xavier appeared.
What happened to the rumours that Tom Cruise was playing Tony Stark??

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy that two of the movies I've enjoyed most this year are multiverse films.

EEAAO & now this.

It would've been three with Spider Verse 2.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
My feelings: Sam Raimi really works best on a budget. I can't quite put my finger on it but something about this movie feels very "I had more money to spend than I needed so found a way to spend it."

Rito

Sep 5, 2019
I was expecting an "inverted House of M" moment here, or something like that, with Wanda doing the opposite she did in the comics (instead of making most of the mutant population lose powers, have part of the Earth population become mutants or something like that, to start the X-Men in the MCU).

But the movie didn't go for that and it was great anyway.

The Reed/Black Bolt stuff is 100% Comic Reed Richards lol. They nailed the character, that's exactly what he would have done there. Wonder if Krasinski is coming back, if he does, he will probably lose the beard for the first movie to look younger.

I didn't get how other universes Wanda's had kids. They also created them? That was not clear in the movie.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting an "inverted House of M" moment here, or something like that, with Wanda doing the opposite she did in the comics (instead of making most of the mutant population lose powers, have part of the Earth population become mutants or something like that, to start the X-Men in the MCU).

But the movie didn't go for that and it was great anyway.

The Reed/Black Bolt stuff is 100% Comic Reed Richards lol. They nailed the character, that's exactly what he would have done there. Wonder if Krasinski is coming back, if he does, he will probably lose the beard for the first movie to look younger.

I didn't get how other universes Wanda's had kids. They also created them? That was not clear in the movie.

Don't all mothers do that?

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw it. Loved it! I can't believe an ABC Inhuman's character appeared in the MCU before Daisy Johnson. Love the Xmen themesong when Xavier appeared.
What happened to the rumours that Tom Cruise was playing Tony Stark??
Seemingly just rumors. He visited set because he was shooting M:I in London. Maybe he was conceptually in there as superior iron man at some point during scripting because the Ultron droids were but who knows if they ever even talked about to.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
That was the closest a 616 anything ever got to a horror aligned comic. Just really good and like you gotta watch Evil Dead 2, Dark Man and Drag Me to Hell to really get into the pocket of this one. So many shots and line deliveries borrowed.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After watching the movie, Im rewatching Wandavision and the last segments of Wandavision with Agatha definitely feel like they have the same tone of MOM. Btw I loved this movie, it was so different in a good way.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
They are her actual kids. Our Wanda created them in her universe in WandaVision after seeing them in her dreams (since dreams are glimpses to other universes in MCU).

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
After watching the movie, Im rewatching Wandavision and the last segments of Wandavision with Agatha definitely feel like they have the same tone of MOM. Btw I loved this movie, it was so different in a good way.
YES. I couldn't make my MCU rewatch this time around, but I'm doing this sometime next week because I need to watch this film at a movie theater again. I think No Way Home is an S tier MCU film while Multiverse of Madness is an A tier, but this is the first time since the pandemic started that I really felt the urge to venture myself into a second viewing at a movie theater since the pandemic starte.

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
Really liked this, I've been pretty down on the MCU for pretty much all of 2021 but this was great. Hoping this continues with Thor 4.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man I'm disappointed Kang somehow wasn't in this .

Wish really wish he was somehow behind Wanda controlling her via the dark hold or something . Wish it connected more to the MCU storyline

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I real liked the Sam Raiminess of it all, but disliked most everything else. Whole thing just felt an exhausting rollercoaster between set pieces. Could've used more moments between the characters.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Man I'm disappointed Kang somehow wasn't in this .

Wish really wish he was somehow behind Wanda controlling her via the dark hold or something . Wish it connected more to the MCU storyline

thedirect.com

Doctor Strange 2 Writer Reveals Why Kang Didn't Appear

One of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' writers reveals their thinking in not including Kang the Conqueror in the MCU sequel.

They thought about bringing in Kang, but felt the movie would be overstuffed

Oct 27, 2017

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
So does this movie improve people's opinions on how the overall storyline from wandavision played out now that we have the followup?

One of my things was I felt Wanda was treated too sympathetically at times in the ending episode. Well with what happened here it feels like they course corrected a bit on that lol, she really is menacing and a threat

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I'm astonished like Feige not only owned that but made it look kinda cool. I'm ready for the Inhumans to actually be made cool if Feige chooses to, and I absolutely hate the Inhumans thanks to Perlmutter.

Honestly though, of all the Marvel TV stuff to reference, I don't think anybody is a fan of the Inhumans show right?

The show that had... this?

giphy.gif

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Just got home. Initial reaction is that I think it's a little too stuffed, needed a longer running time to let things breathe.

There was a lot of cool stuff throughout but it felt like we never got a chance to really take them all in.