• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you use a washcloth when bathing/showering?

• yes

Votes: 194 34.7%
  • no

Votes: 365 65.3%

• Total voters

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
I wash my junk with my hands. Like a man. Washcloths were invented by Big Cloth to trick us into thinking we need anything else.

Droopaloop

Oct 28, 2017
I voted no and thought I was an animal. Turns out I'm a normal person. Vindicated. I'd like to think my body hair is a good lathering material, but I can't grow chest hair for shit. Just nipple hair. Lather the fuck outta my nipples though, and I can use that on the rest of my body.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
My hands are very calloused from lifting, they work fine.

People who say hands and soap aren't cutting it, do you play in sewers? How dirty do you get every 23 hours?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I use a washcloth. I used to go bar soap alone but the cloth does a much better job of scrubbing off old skin etc.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I alternate between shower Puffs and just my hands and if I'm in a rush I use bar soap. However, I've been using the same shower Puff for like 3 or 4 months now.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I use a washcloth in the shower to exfoliate my face, ears and the back of my neck.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Exfoliating gloves. Cheap and make me feel cleaner than any loofah equivalent.

I use a long soft brush on my back with a body scrub. I've been seeing some differences there too. Feels amazing.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I use a loofa. I used to use washcloths as a kid, I use them on my daughter too. I use a washcloth when I'm at hotels.

Being clean and feeling clean are two different things. If someone doesn't feel clean just using their hands, then that's a perfectly valid reason to buy a product that specifically helps you achieve that clean feel. I always feel like my pits and the backs of my legs, and feet, aren't clean when I just use my hands... like if I'm camping or staying at a friends house or something. I'm sure that I am clean, but I feel wrong all day. Being clean and feeling clean are two different things.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I have a stockpile of these in my utility closet.

d352f7bb-24d4-40b5-97f1-608ce5a8d5d1_2.3e72abd6d502c2e106a32e1f37ed881b.jpeg

These are pieces of shit that are way more expensive than they should be and less effective at cleaning than a $0.10 loofa. I just love the marketing push by Dove though... "Dual sided shower tool." It's just brilliant old school gender marketing. "Men feel uncomfortable buying loofas at the grocery store, but market research shows they love using their wive's loofas... how can we sell more plastic junk to men? 💡⚡💡 CALL IT A DUAL SIDED SHOWER TOOL!"

When they first launched these a few years they packed them in with the Dove Men's body wash, which I buy, and so I had a couple of them. Then I saw Dove selling them for like $5/ea or whatever at the Super market and... ba god... what a scam.

It's a piece of shit, but I really respect Dove's marketing driven product team for the sheer brilliance of it.

Last edited:

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
These are pieces of shit that are way more expensive than they should be and less effective at cleaning than a $0.10 loofa. I just love the marketing push by Dove though... "Dual sided shower tool." It's just brilliant old school gender marketing. "Men feel uncomfortable buying loofas at the grocery store, but market research shows they love using their wive's loofas... how can we sell more plastic junk to men? 💡⚡💡 CALL IT A DUAL SIDED SHOWER TOOL!"

When they first launched these a few years they packed them in with the Dove Men's body wash, which I buy, and so I had a couple of them. Then I saw Dove selling them for like $5/ea or whatever at the Super market and... ba god... what a scam.

It's a piece of shit, but I really respect Dove's marketing driven product team for the sheer brilliance of it.

I really envy the guy who suggested Shower Tool because it sounds like Power Tool. I bet he got a huge bonus.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
No, that shit is gross. Don't try to defend that shit either. Unless you're using a brand new cloth each time you're basically rubbing a fucking giant sponge full of bacteria all over your body.

Black-Era take the L on this one.
Wait, people DON'T use washcloths? And people that do reuse the SAME washcloth? WTF?

They're like $2 for a fluffy 5 pack. I admit, I use my towel 2-3 sometimes 4 times before changing but I grab a clean washcloth every time I shower.

And for the love of God, please tell me you all use bleach when you wash washcloths. Bleach and Borax + detergent.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
Loofah. I used to just use bare hands and bar soap, but like the way a loofah lathers up with body wash. The body wash also leaves less soap scum on the shower than bar soap.

I'd be curious to see what the results were if it were a three way poll between washcloth, loofah, and nothing.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I use liquid soap and no wash cloth. My chest hair is more than enough to work up a lather.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
How are people here becoming so grimy over the course of their day that lathering soap and/or bodywash and rubbing it all over the body with your hands, is not removing most if not all of the dirt, such that it reaches a threshold of being clean enough to operate in society for the subsequent 16-24 hours or so?

Oct 27, 2017
How are people here becoming so grimy over the course of their day that lathering soap and/or bodywash and rubbing it all over the body with your hands, is not removing most if not all of the dirt, such that it reaches a threshold of being clean enough to operate in society for the subsequent 16-24 hours or so?

Skin dies

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
I switched from a loofah to this. It doesn't lather as well, but its a decent scrubber and its cleaner than a loofah over time. It is a bit annoying to use switching hands, and putting your fingers through the little holes around the sides, but it works alright and it's cheap.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I use something similar to the Dove thing that people are apparently very divided on. When that's not an option, like if I'm travelling, I use a washcloth of some kind. Those that just use their hands should definitely consider an upgrade. I do that too if I am in a hurry and am taking the "5 minute rush because I missed my alarm" shower, and I can definitely tell the difference. I was a hands-only guy for many years until I saw just how much dead skin and gunk comes off with a proper washcloth that first time you try one.

Scrub until it hurts a little and come out super sparkly clean!

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
The long term dampness that happens near the center of a loofah is concerning to me.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
those synthetic loofahs can cause tiny breaks in the skin that help spread infection. its like tiny, soft razor blades, slicing you to bits.