• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Better or worse?

• Better

Votes: 309 72.2%
  • Worse

Votes: 119 27.8%

• Total voters

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
2020 has been such a terrible and insane year that it seems like 2021 can't be any worse, especially with COVID vaccines slowly rolling out etc.

But obviously our circumstances are all different. I don't even really know what to think expectations wise for my own 2021. I'm certainly not welcoming it as enthusiastically as I'd like to, but I'm hoping by Q4 perhaps things will be getting closer to normality.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I literally can't imagine it being worse... however we have ended 2020 having my grandfather committed to the hospital as he is highly suicidal at the moment... so...

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
It will be better since we have the vaccines now. Majority of 2021 will still be like 2020, but we'll be on the road to recovery. Slowly but surely.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will have a better President in January
I think I will get a raise in Q1
I will get married in May
I will get to travel at some point
I will actually get to see family during the holidays
Last year my resolution was to find new social circles... lol. Maybe I can do that this year

My 2020 was actually not that bad, but I expect 2021 to be better.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Probably more stressful, but hopefully better. Pandemic still rages on while vaccines are being distributed, but my wife and I are house hunting to move back to our home state and have a baby on the way. I should also have a new job starting at some point. This year was pretty much stagnant aside from the pandemic, but 2021 will have a lot of life changes to be added into the mix.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The first half is probably going to be 2020: Part II, but I am hoping things improve come late spring. It may also be better depending on if Dems can take control of the Senate. That there will dictate how good or bad of a year we'll end up having, at least in the US.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
I've been steadily working on and improving in my pretty debilitating mental health problems. I can't imagine that's gonna take another entire year. So even if that is resolved by 30 december 2021, that'll make that year better by defaul.

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
A divorce and a pandemic in the same year. I sure hope is better but I feel 2021 will just be a continuation of 2020 so my hope is in 2022.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
From a COVID perspective it should slowly get better as more people are able to get vaccinated. I know 2 or 3 people already who have gotten it so it's starting to feel real.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can't say, I'm looking forward to the purely mental reset but I am also completely acknowledging that nothing we suffered in 2020 is going to magically disappear because of the number change. We're clearly starting off 2021 on some heavy, heavy baggage. I am hoping things feel significantly lighter by the end of 2021 but I also don't think that means that I necessarily had a "good" year if that's how it feels at the end.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
All other things aside, President Biden will make 2021 a better year.

I'm pretty amazed that people are predicting that 2021 will be worse.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It will get worse before it gets better. But it will get better.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to be optimistic, as I've always been too pessimistic in life, but 2020 has been one of the worst years for me mentally. I'm thinking 2021 will be better.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
It will suck. Especially the next 3 months (probably the worst we've seen, at least in Europe). After that, it will slowly start to get better. I think once the weather becomes better everything will be a lot better.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
2020 no matter how you look at it was a total shit year for me. That being said, I don't have that high hopes for 2021. My expectations are so low, that it won't take all that much for it to be better than what i'm expecting. On the bright side, since I didn't go to Thanksgiving or fly home for Christmas, I didn't abandon my low carb diet

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
All other things aside, President Biden will make 2021 a better year.

I'm pretty amazed that people are predicting that 2021 will be worse.

While I do think a change of leadership will ease the burdens quite a lot, this country has fiercely demonstrated that nearly half of it is willing to be absolutely harmful and toxic in any way they can in order to ensure that they're known and heard. Biden is just a tiny piece of the puzzle of the social realities of the United States, and the larger roughly half of the population that backs Trump will still act the way they do regardless of Biden sitting in the White House or not. This isn't a problem that just easily disappears with the changing of the President, though the changing of the President like I said will at least ease the burden that the strain of the federal government puts on the various problems going on right now.

We'll still probably have anti-mask protests, Proud Boys Rallies, a multitude of conservative media outlets all screaming corruption, unfairness, unAmericanism, etc. We've already got a suicide bomber in the US trying to make a statement, and tons of conspiracy theories circulating surrounding that that are sending the conservative half of this country into an absolute meltdown of logic that's simply not going to go away, and is feverishly emboldened by events as of late, because we elected Biden.

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Much worse, especially the first half. I expect the economy to crash due to Covid and Brexit, followed by mass unemployment. I expect a massive Covid spike and thousands of deaths per day, combined with the government fucking up the vaccine rollout big time.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely better, both personally and as a whole. My business has been growing and Trump has been voted out.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The consequences of 2020 will be felt and will continue for years, even decades, and in some cases , forever.

I'm no quite sure if that will still count under 2020 or the next years will pick up the tab.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We'd have to enter a global world war or some shit for it to be worse lol.

Trump out of office makes it better by default.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Both

these first three months or so are gonna suck. And then waiting to get vaccinated is gonna be more agonizing than waiting for the game you're most hyped about to release. And then it will start getting better around may or June

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All things considered I had a pretty good 2020 on a personal/professional level. I do expect 2021 to be even better personally/professionally though. I'm in an industry that has done very well even through the pandemic and our outlook seems strong for 2021 as well. I'm hoping to start at the end of 2021 early 2022 building my downsized 'forever' house now that we are empty nesters so that's going to be great. I'm a new grandpa so 2021 will be a great year full of firsts for my grand-daughter.

Yep, looking up.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Covid will get better with the vaccines, but I am not sure if the full economic hit has been felt yet. If not my money is sometime next year when unless help comes the people just barely hanging on will lose their grip.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
i am hoping it's better because May 2021 is when our baby is born and hoping for a very healthy baby.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Seeing as the world is in a downward spiral for the last half a decade, I see nothing that points to that changing