• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I've always wondered this, because some random person I once knew will pop in my head every once in a while.

Or am I just some lonely bastard?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I used to think this when I was younger but just stopped in the last few years. I don't think anyone recalls my existence unless they were very very close.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever you have an itchy ear, someone is talking about how much of an asshole you are.

OP
OP
TrueSloth

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I used to think this when I was younger but just stopped in the last few years. I don't think anyone recalls my existence unless they were very very close.
You'll never know though. You probably said some random profound thing long ago and that one person who you once knew in high school thinks about you every time they are reminded of that profound thing.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Probably at the same frequency I think about them based on our closeness to each other.

I wonder what they think quite often. I know they do. Everyone occasionally remembers people they once knew, even tangentially. Someone you never talked to has probably dreamed about you before.

OP
OP
TrueSloth

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
After reading this post, you're gonna think about someone from your childhood you haven't heard from in ages.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure no one does about me but I do about them. Then I feel creepy for doing so. Anyway here's a tune

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was a pretty rude to my peers as a teenager so I imagine they talk about me in bad ways.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think about random people from my past somewhat often. So maybe?
I had a relative who'd been out of contact with our family try to find me without asking my close relatives. I'm not on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, or any of that stuff so it was a real challenge. She ended up talking to several people from my past and they had some interesting and puzzling things to say about me. My favorite was "He's a fucking badass.".

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
My name is pronounced in an odd way that people have difficulty with, but it happens to rhyme with a decently well-known song lyric, so I've sometimes explained my name pronunciation by half-singing that part of the song to anyone having trouble.

I like to think that a whole bunch of random people I barely knew think of me whenever they hear that song come on.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think about them at all, much less consider thinking about them thinking about me.

But since you made me think about it, yes, I'm pretty sure they think about me. Unlike me, they're not assholes who think little of the memories they made with people they met.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they? I'm pretty boring so I highly doubt they would think about me or bring me up whenever I'm not around.

Do I think about them? Sometimes.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
kWJYW8T.png

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
To think that people are thinking about me, I'd have to think about those people, which would mean some strange person from their past was thinking about them at that moment.

Sadly I stabbed the metaphysical ouroboros by not caring enough to think in the first place, so we all lose.

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like a thing that comes naturally with the scenery. You visit your parents home or the town where you grew up, and may remember some people from school back then. Or visiting the campus of your Alma mater after years of not being there, etc. You remember the place, then think about those people in the scenes in your head.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Probably. It's natural to come up with random memories from time to time. I occasionally remember people and incidents that are so far beyond relevance now, like how the cool new gym teacher when I was in eighth grade had become a major-league asshole by the time I graduated. I never had any beef with him but it's something that I randomly come up with once in a while. Don't even remember the guy's name but I think of him.

Some of my high school friends remember me in a genuine sense based on the occasional nostalgia-laden Facebook post where I get tagged, aside from us having no other contact at present.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
I think about them, so I've always assumed so. Random, insignificant to my life people from my past pop into my head all of the time. I'll never talk to or look these people up ever again, but it's fun to imagine what they're up to these days. I like to think they're doing nothing with their lives to make myself feel better...

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
On the off chance that they do, it's probably not good thoughts.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Im sure once in a blue moon since it seems like most of us here do it, just reading this thread made me think if someone I haven't thought of in over 10 or 15 years, my first crush ever Samantha, I can't remember at all what her last name was but if I remember right it was like first grade or second and we were good friends.

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
Funny thing one of my friends just told me recently that the remember me when they pickup girls to tell funny stories involving me. So yeah? I guess -.-