• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hi squirrel.

• Yes.

Votes: 766 90.0%
  • No.

Votes: 85 10.0%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
You're walking along by yourself and you come across an animal. Maybe it's a wild animal like a bird or squirrel or it's a dog behind a gate. Do you say hello to them. I always do and I usually add an s to their name. "Hi squirrels. Hi birds. Hi doggies." Just keeping it fun and light with the animals.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
i do

tenor.gif

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and I don't stop there. I usually ask them a question. "Hi squirrel. What are you doing on the road?"

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I say "hi" in a higher pitched voice to the local feral-ish kitties nearby and they sometimes answer :)

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Only to dogs that come for me to pet them. You won't see me greeting birds and roaches, I'm not Snow White.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
Pigeon landed on the windowsill next to my desk about 10 minutes ago and without thinking I said "Oh hi there little guy!"

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Always.

I once sat with a dog waiting outside a grocery story for 15 minutes because he looked sad.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I say hello to the praying mantis that lives near my front door every day. Hes a true bro keeping all the little bugs away.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I usually say "oh shit waddup" to frogs when passing them that for some reason seem to gather en masse on the slope to my home. There's also lots of magpies in my area which I just tell to fuck off.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I say hi to the squirrels, rabbits, and deer that I see all over the place. One day, they will let me pet them. I thought about bringing some food but then if I train them to stand near the road they'll most likely get hit by a car. It will have to be my personality that wins them over.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I say hi to the squirrels, rabbits, and deer that I see all over the place. One day, they will let me pet them. I thought about bringing some food but then if I train them to stand near the road they'll most likely get hit by a car. It will have to be my personality that wins them over.

11323.jpg

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I usually just point at them and say something dumb like "Cat!" or "Dog!" and smile like an idiot.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
You're walking along by yourself and you come across an animal. Maybe it's a wild animal like a bird or squirrel or it's a dog behind a gate. Do you say hello to them. I always do and I usually add an s to their name. "Hi squirrels. Hi birds. Hi doggies." Just keeping it fun and light with the animals.

If the animal gives me some attention, I will address them. Usually its another dog or cat.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Naturally, it's rude not to.

Of course, I mostly run into cats around here. But when you find a cat sprawled out taking up all the footpath you were planning on taking, it's just good manners to ask it to move over politely. And it works better that trying to move it by soon to be scratched hand.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yes, of course. What am I some kind of psychopath?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I grow tomatoes on a 2nd floor balcony. Right next to the deck is a tree. I go out to water the plants and there's a crow sitting in this tree. He's really close, like 6 feet away at face level. He starts cawing at me really loud. So I yelled back..
Hey! STFU. Give me a break. I'm just watering the tomatoes here!
He actually stopped to listen to me, then he started screaming in my face again when I stopped.
I was going to continue the argument but I didn't want the neighbors to think I was weird for talking to a crow.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I grow tomatoes on a 2nd floor balcony. Right next to the deck is a tree. I go out to water the plants and there's a crow sitting in this tree. He's really close, like 6 feet away at face level. He starts cawing at me really loud. So I yelled back..
Hey! STFU. Give me a break. I'm just watering the tomatoes here!
He actually stopped to listen to me, then he started screaming in my face again when I stopped.
I was going to continue the argument but I didn't want the neighbors to think I was weird for talking to a crow.

Don't fuck with crows man.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I talk to my plants as well.

And for whatever reason my inanimate objects when I've dropped, tripped over, etc., since I tend to humanize everything for one reason or another.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, because I'm a psychopath according to this thread.

Unless I'm particularly in the mood, I don't even engage with animals beyond shooing them away from me.