• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it starts at $100 and maxes out at $500. You gain $100 each year so you have to be there over 5 years to reach that.

This would have been my mid way point where I reached $300. But yeah, I'm not feeling too confident about getting it this year.

Oh well, I should hopefully be able to look forward to getting $400 next year šŸ¤£

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No bonus but gifts, like movie tickets, coffee cups etc. This year though we will get a bonus due working as usual during pandemic....

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
My bonus is that I get to work 70 hours/week instead of 50 for all of November, December and January delivering way too many packages. This is my crunch period, every year.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Our company gives a bonus based on hitting sales targets each year, but it usually comes in late Feb or early March. It's pretty substantial, in the five years I've worked in this company we've gotten the bonus every year, and it usually ends up being close to one and a half month paycheck.

This year will probably be the first we don't get the bonus, and honestly I can't blame them too hard for that. Our company saw some pretty rough loss of sales over the year because of the pandemic, and the boss has done his best to keep layoffs at a minimum. I think we only let go 3 or 4 people in a 100 person company.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
I got 1.5k, not much but it's something. Worked my ass off this year. Supposed to have a promotion in the work too but not sure how it's going. If my boss doesn't move his ass I'm going to move next year, got a lot of offers that I turned down

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
We get quarterly bonuses, however after March they were suspended due to strain from the Pandemic.

RichardHawk

Feb 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Typically some type of holiday bonus of a few hundred dollars. Everyone is expecting way more this year because our company has actually done insanely well during COVID. We're also skipping our holiday party which is usually open bar at a museum here in LA so I guess people are expecting those funds to be given to the employees.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
My company does annual winsfall bonuses although they're not always around the holidays. It's virtually every year and increases with # of years at the company and your pay (which increases for everyone every year). My first year I got about $1200 but after a number of years I'm pretty sure it'll be significantly higher.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not guaranteed, but I've gotten one every year so far since starting at my current job. Usually in the $500 - $1,500 range.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
We have a thing called Gain Share... depending on how the whole company does a certain % is put into a fund.. then it is broken out to everyone at an equal % of yearly pay. Lowest we have had is zero.. most 9% of a years salary. It certainly motivates people to work hard and look forward to it. We are a mid sized company and we have had a good year so we shall see in the next couple weeks.

Oct 28, 2017
We get paid out for unused PTO. (Better than nothing)

When I used to work for Comcast....HELL YES, they were quarterly.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I get mine in February.

Normally should be at least 10% of your salary but we'll see this time around. Our share price is still holding strong, but Q3 results weren't the best.

Id be happy with anything over 5%.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Any annual bonus I ever got, if they were paying one that year, always paid out in March of the following year. You would find out what you got in February after all of the end of year finance work was finished, and it would pay the following month.

Genocyber

Jan 31, 2018
A $30 voucher in past years has been common.
If we still have a job after Christmas than this would be the bonus this year.

Jun 10, 2018
On top of a Christmas bonus, my employer also pays us health bonus pending our BMI is deemed in the healthy range.

Already heard rumblings it might not happen, but we've been one of the few industries to stay open throughout the pandemic (and they've been making money hand over fist for much of it) so I'm still leaning towards it happening.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
100 bucks and they throw a pretty cool holiday party where they raffle off lots of cool prizes. Not happening this year though :( the first year I won a 55" 4K TV. They have anything from gaming consoles to paid trips to Disney world for 4, cruises, and tickets to sporting events. The Disney prize is the one majority of people want.

they allow us to set up a holiday fund where we can place however much money we want from each check and they'll give us a percentage from it. I should have about 3200 bucks in it out of my own pocket.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We get paid a 13th cheque but only in July. Was very lucky to get the full amount this year.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
10% of my yearly salary. So basically I get paid for 13 months a year.

I don't think I will get a bonus this year.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I have been for the past 2 years, but not this year. They also took out my yearly bonus too from what I hear

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I've got a feeling my company is going to worm their way out of it this year. They could easily handle it and it would be great for morale, but will most likely use any excuse they can to not have to give them out.

I would love to be wrong.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Nope but I usually get ~10-15% salary bonus annually. Our leadership team is considering giving out Christmas bonuses this year because we can't do a holiday party.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Just remembered....Not Christmas but for my 10 year anniversary of working for this company I got a $10 gift card to starbucks...and everyone knows I don't drink coffee. HA!

Some of y'all bonuses are unreal. A whole months extra pay!? If my wife and I both -got an extra months pay for free.....that's like do things we have to plan and save for years for immediately instead kind of money.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently people employed on the German civil service collective wage scheme, which includes scientists give out something near 50% of the monthly wage as a bonus in the November paycheck. Should be something near 1k euros. It's the first time I'll have ever got one, and quite possibly the last, because I've nobody I've known has gotten one before, let alone such a big one.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
We get a free company-branded product as a Christmas gift (backpack, fleece, wireless speakers, cooler, etc).

Our company bonus comes at the end of the Fiscal Year (normally first week of April) and is based on employee profit-sharing that goes into our 401k instead of a match. It has ranged in between 6% to 8.5% of my yearly salary in the 5 years I have been here, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Aria

Nov 21, 2019
I just got 37k worth of options at the company I'm contracting for. Never had anything like this before.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Normally not announced until December but given the state of the economy at the moment I'm not sure if it'll happen this year.

FuriousChipmunk

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
I work for a small MSP. Last year we got $1000 bonus checks. Previous years we got little themed festive bags or containers which had gift cards and other items tied to that theme.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Yes, everyone at our company gets a 500ā‚¬ bonus. Nothing huge but it's nice still.