• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 589 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 239 28.9%

• Total voters

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
webp

webp

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
If there is broth, yes.

A lot of time with instant ramen I will drain the broth though, because I make/eat like 3 entire packs at a time :)

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Restaurant, absolutely. The broth at our local place is insanely good. Once the pandemic is over and places start opening up again, the first thing I'm doing is going out to the ramen shop, downing a bowl with a bottle of pear sake, and giving them a great tip.

Instant stuff, not so much. I generally pour out most of the water before adding the seasoning packet tbh. I like my salt pure and undiluted. Poach 1 egg while cooking noods. Got myself a good "oh crap, I have to be at work in 20 minutes" meal.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the broth.

It's cute OP only specified ramen. There are so many types of noodles but had to go for the meme one.

Oct 26, 2017
I was tempted to a bunch of times when I was in Japan at several ramen shops, but I withstood temptation. It's salty AF.

Regular instant ramen? Nah.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Depends on the ramen, restaurant ramen I go Tonkotsu if available and you better believe I'm drinking all that porky goodness. Instant ramen it depends on the broth, some are just horrible salty messes, some are pretty delicious. I also eat lots of "dry" noodles like the mi goreng and soba ones you can get so obviously nothing to drink there.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Of course i do !
But this only applies to real ramen... chashu is my thing.

Instant ramen i eat them without water, as if they were crackers.

bitsykibbles

Oct 27, 2017
I don't drink the broth, but I do put the seasoning right on the noodles and mix it in some leftover hot water. The broth from *that* does not get consumed.

Masta_killah

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in Japan and when I first got here I did. But the ramen portions are so big, even for a small, and the broth so rich that I leave a little bit of the broth.

wideface

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
In Japan people are quite split about this too. The broth contains a lot of calories, so the healthy option is to drink some spoonfuls but not all of it.
That's also what I do.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I love the broth so much sometimes I just order broth.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
When I was younger, yes. These days I can't help but have some degree of health consciousness, so no. But when I'm stick I will add a bunch of sriracha to my ramen and drink the broth after.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Damn can you make me some ramen lmao
Hah my sister rocks at plating, but it's not that fancy, we winged with a cheat stock(8 cups of premise chicken broth, fresh Ginger, rice Vinegar(grocery store was out of Mirin sadly), Miso paste, soy sauce, garlic powder and some salt and pepper) that we put in the slow cooker for 10 hrs overnight, some boxed ramen noodles, frozen steamer corn, pre shredded carrot, and did some random pork cuts we had in the freezer that I breaded with mayo and Italian bread crumbs and baked in the oven using my meat thermometer rather than time. Was going to do some proper soft boiled eggs marinated overnight but it didn't work out sadly so we just made some hard boiled ones right before

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Cant remember the last time I had Ramen if ever - I think it was when my coworkers took me to a place as a farewell party for a former co-worker (a intern).

I didnt drink the broth.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I try to. But instant is a bit too salty, so I just take the noodles out and do my own broth. Or just dilute the seasoning with more water because I do like the flavour of it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
At a restaurant the broth is just some sort of soup stock right that I assume is made from chicken, cow or pig bones? I don't think that is bad for you and I assume they don't drown it in sodium as stock is plenty flavorful by itself.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
I let the noodles sit in the broth in a pot then I drain it leaving just a little to keep them soaked. I add 3-4 slightly undercooked eggs with runny yolk and mix it in. Delicious

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Uh... no?

I'll sip some of the broth which each munch of noodles, but I don't drink the entire thing. That can't be healthy... (not that it's healthy to begin with, but it's like rationalizing to yourself that smoking is okay because you already vape).

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Man, you're making me miss ramen right now. For the past 3 years I've been going to that Ramen place near where I work pretty much every single week. Haven't been in a a month and a half now :(

Restaurant ramen = Drink everything

Instant Ramen : Drink some, leave some

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and especially so in Shin Ramyun.

I've only ever had instant ramen. Wanted to try this local place last month but then covid, so that obviously got pushed to try later lol.