• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which skill makes the tie talk? Mine has been silent all along despite a pretty high Inland Empire skill

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Inland Empire gets your tie talking I think there was a prompt to listen to it at the start? And then in a conversation I had the option to go along with it, tuck it away but keep wearing it or take it off (and thus betray my only friend).

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus I've almost spent 12 in-game hours in the starting area around the cafeteria. They weren't kidding when they said this game is dense.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
5 hours in and I'm loving this, winding down day 1, almost 10pm, just done an autopsy and had a really cool thing happen during it that used Inland Empire and Perception to win a near impossible roll.

Sometimes you gotta listen to that weird voice in your head and trust in a god roll.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I spent half of day 1 on a sprawling odyssey to track down a fridge. Finding it was possibly one of the most rewarding things I've ever accomplished in an RPG.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Inland Empire gets your tie talking I think there was a prompt to listen to it at the start? And then in a conversation I had the option to go along with it, tuck it away but keep wearing it or take it off (and thus betray my only friend).

The option to take it off doesn't actually work. That's very inland empire as well.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
I spent half of day 1 on a sprawling odyssey to track down a fridge. Finding it was possibly one of the most rewarding things I've ever accomplished in an RPG.

Wow, I never even came across anything regarding a fridge and I just ended day 1.

In regards to an early quest you get....

How the hell do you cut the body down to retreive it? I know there's probably a half dozen different ways to go about it....

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wow, I never even came across anything regarding a fridge and I just ended day 1.

In regards to an early quest you get....

How the hell do you cut the body down to retreive it? I know there's probably a half dozen different ways to go about it....

I suggested Kim shoot the belt down but he missed. I asked to have a try and, despite my low H/E Coordination skill, got a lucky roll and succeeded. Kim also suggested asking the Union for help, but thought of it as a last resort.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing a 5115 and while I don't regret my choice I wouldn't recommend doing it for a first time run if you don't want to deal with some frustration. Basically any damage to health and/or morale kills you and that can be crippling in the early game. Especially since I'm doing a roll with the punches run with absolutely no save scumming allowed. Despite that I had to reload a lot during the first day simply because of how fragile you are.

I gotta say though, doing a one-hit and you're dead run has made me really appreciate the role playing aspects of the game. In other RPGs you generally have a lot of room for error on what you can get away with regarding your choices in both dialog and interactions, but here, you always have to be on your toes and remember that actions can have immediate and fatal consequences.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've been playing a 5115 and while I don't regret my choice I wouldn't recommend doing it for a first time run if you don't want to deal with some frustration. Basically any damage to health and/or morale kills you and that can be crippling in the early game. Especially since I'm doing a roll with the punches run with absolutely no save scumming allowed. Despite that I had to reload a lot during the first day simply because of how fragile you are.

I gotta say though, doing a one-hit and you're dead run has made me really appreciate the role playing aspects of the game. In other RPGs you generally have a lot of room for error on what you can get away with regarding your choices in both dialog and interactions, but here, you always have to be on your toes and remember that actions can have immediate and fatal consequences.

Just to check, do you know that you can use healing items as your health/morale is draining? That can save you from one-shot kills.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Just to check, do you know that you can use healing items as your health/morale is draining? That can save you from one-shot kills.
Yup, I was using them a lot. Things are better now that I have put 2 points in Volition and Endurance, and that I've become more aware of dialog choices that can potentially harm me.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I keep failing 60-75% checks that are totally in my character's wheelhouse and nailing like 18% and below ones lol.

Oct 25, 2017
After....something happened I do kinda worry about the time in the game. It kinda stresses me out cause there was something implied and I don't really want that to happen. But I also just want to explore every corner and exhaust every dialogue option possible. Hngh.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018

The leftmost skill (Endurance and.... one that starts with a V?) for both of those stats will increase your health and morale points. I spent my first two levelups on that just so I wouldnt go critical every time something happened

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Met the billionaire in the shipping container.Holy shit that was great. This game is excellent.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, being a centrist (moralist) and finding the moralist pants is a very real experience.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So, about the blue door in the cafeteria kitchen...
Any hint on how to open them? I'm really curious what's behind them.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I believe it'll pop up later. Haven't gotten behind it, but there's definitely a line of inquiry that might involve it.

unrelated note, but I'm finding that having Perception, Drama, Reaction Speed, Logic, Volition and Empathy means I can basically crack anyone like a can of worms

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten to the other side of the door, before actually finding the key that opened it.
(There is a skill check with a -20(?) modifier where the key is that becomes way easier after actually getting behind the door).
Also, I think you have to be on Day 2, at least.
Not sure how to hint at how to open it without just spoiling it.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I've gotten to the other side of the door, before actually finding the key that opened it.
(There is a very hard skill check where the key is that becomes way easier after actually getting behind the door).
Also, I think you have to be on Day 2, at least.
Not sure how to hint at how to open it without just spoiling it.

Alright, thanks, I'll try to figure it out down the road :)

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have too much points as a "Sorry Cop". My empathy wanted to recruit me, i said fuck it and now going to turn my life around!

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I believe it'll pop up later. Haven't gotten behind it, but there's definitely a line of inquiry that might involve it.

unrelated note, but I'm finding that having Perception, Drama, Reaction Speed, Logic, Volition and Empathy means I can basically crack anyone like a can of worms

My starting stats were 3-4-2-3 with Inland Empire, and so far I've put points into Volition, Conceptualization and Interfacing. My goal is to be a complete space cadet that talks to objects better than humans.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 7 hours in and I'm still not done with the first day...game is incredibly deep and well written.
Also, just told the racist lorry driver to fuck off for being racist...

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds morbid...but they did a great job making the substances actually enticing in this. +1 to an entire category of stats for an hour and I can just offset the health or morale loss with a 90 cent pick me up? Sign me the fuck up, my Electrochemistry is at 7.

For real though, most drugs in RPGs I never really go for because they have either immediate consequences, don't last long, and the effect isn't advantageous enough to warrant using. Edit: inb4 "so like actual drugs?" Yes, but they still attempt to have attractive gameplay benefits, and never really do. Also I've only done smokes and alchohol so I'm curious how the harder stuff will work in Disco.

Last edited:

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Question for anyone who knows: Can I start a second new game, but maintain my old saves? (Not quicksaves, but manual saves)

Sep 21, 2019
Question: when you are just having conversations I'm confused about the success and fail of the non-dice-roll pieces of the conversation. The ones that just pop up and sometime fail but mostly pass. I know they tie into skills like the white and red rolled checks, but what purpose do they serve really? Like i was talking to someone and failed one of these and was still talking, so I'm assuming it simply alters what you can or can't say to your mind and or ther person?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Question: when you are just having conversations I'm confused about the success and fail of the non-dice-roll pieces of the conversation. The ones that just pop up and sometime fail but mostly pass. I know they tie into skills like the white and red rolled checks, but what purpose do they serve really? Like i was talking to someone and failed one of these and was still talking, so I'm assuming it simply alters what you can or can't say to your mind and or ther person?
It can also open up new quests etc

I have too much points as a "Sorry Cop". My empathy wanted to recruit me, i said fuck it and now going to turn my life around!
Yeah, I did the same aha, I was tempted to resist at first

Sep 21, 2019
It can also open up new quests etc

Yeah, I did the same aha, I was tempted to resist at first

Gotcha. Any idea how they get skill number for these? Like I will look at a successful check and it will say needed medium: 10 and that I'm 11 in empathy, but on my chart I'm actually like a 4 or something in empathy. I get the die roll ones, but these make no sense to me.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha. Any idea how they get skill number for these? Like I will look at a successful check and it will say needed medium: 10 and that I'm 11 in empathy, but on my chart I'm actually like a 4 or something in empathy. I get the die roll ones, but these make no sense to me.
I believe they're just your skill value + 6.

Sep 21, 2019
I'll be purchasing this either way but would really like to think through a way to play this comfy couch style so my girlfriend can watch and we could take turns playing. With no dedicated controller support, that would probably mean having to use a wireless mouse and keyboard?

Get the controller companion app to play well with a contoller: https://store.steampowered.com/app/367670/Controller_Companion/

I just got this and played for about 3 hours. It is VERY easy to set up and map your journal, inventory, stats, etc to the buttons and use the left thumbstick to control the mouse cursor, right for scrolling and zooming in and out. Much better experience since I never game with mouse and keyboard.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to map Tab to a mouse button? I'd like to play entirely with my mouse if possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.