• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
DualSense seems like a pretty key differentiator. Very curious to see if I'll enjoy the new features.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
I love the idea of putting the thing playing music into the world, diagetic sound is great and then using that diagetic soundtrack in tandem with headphones / surround sound is really cool.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play with them, but what are the odds of an official Dualsense Driving Game Controller thing?

Oct 27, 2017
It was weird how the whole video was just about the controller. I guess there's no point talking about the technical/gameplay features since that's been covered to death already.

Looks like PS5 is THE system to play the game for the best experience

I think mostly it'll come down to performance. Even on XSX, the previews a few weeks ago didn't have a locked framerate.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly the game itself hasn't gripped me enough to be day one. I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

The DuelSense stuff does seem to be getting game creators thinking more and that's a good thing.
The biggest takeaway is that they send a waveform to adjust the resistance, and that makes it sound like it's very easy to develop for and add into games.

Oct 27, 2017
Any system with a good wheel would be a better experience, be it PS5, Series X or PC.

Is Dirt 5 specifically any good with a wheel? I was under the impression it wasn't, which wouldn't be that uncommon for arcade racers.

If an arcade racer that isn't particularly built around using a wheel, and there's a standard controller that gives you this much feedback on controls and surfaces etc, then there would be a fair argument in favour of that controller being the "best experience".

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He refers 120hz mode as "Exclusive to next-gen consoles" and not as a PS5 feature. I just find it interesting that the Tempest was given it's own special praise as a PS5 feature, much like the Dualsense.

That's the first time we've really heard a third party developer go out of their way to talk about how impressive the tempest 3D sound hardware is. The Dualsense seems like a slam-dunk at this point, but is the Tempest 3d audio another differentiator?

I mean he could have talked about the 3d audio in much broader multi-platform way, much like 120hz, but he didn't. Maybe it is a step up from Dolby Atmos on Xbox/PC.

Oct 28, 2017
Duals sense is going to be a much bigger sellingpoint than any powervector when picking up multiplats.
Makes me wonder if the added expression of the dualsense will be reflected in reviewscores as well??

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
I just bought a 3080 2 weeks ago and im already thinking about getting mutliplatform games on the ps5.

Good job sony.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
It doesn't support wheels at launch :/

You must be kidding me...

Is Dirt 5 specifically any good with a wheel? I was under the impression it wasn't, which wouldn't be that uncommon for arcade racers.

If an arcade racer that isn't particularly built around using a wheel, and there's a standard controller that gives you this much feedback on controls and surfaces etc, then there would be a fair argument in favour of that controller being the "best experience".

Tbh, you have to do things pretty bad for your racing game, be it arcade or not, not be better with a wheel.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Based on a promotional video put out by Codemasters?
I mean, Codemaster wouldn't care whether you buy it on Xbox or PS. does Series X have special feature that's not available in PS version?
He refers 120hz mode as "Exclusive to next-gen consoles" and not as a PS5 feature. I just find it interesting that the Tempest was given it's own special praise as a PS5 feature, much like the Dualsense.

That's the first time we've really heard a third party developer go out of their way to talk about how impressive the tempest 3D sound hardware is. The Dualsense seems like a slam-dunk at this point, but is the Tempest 3d audio another differentiator?

I mean he could have talked about the 3d audio in much broader multi-platform way, much like 120hz, but he didn't.
yeah, this is what I mean

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish he gave more of an example of how the adaptive triggers work in the game. It feels a bit glossed over.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
The Dualsense is going to be great for racing games, probably a total game-changer. First time you'll have a good control over gas oversteering without a dedicated wheel and pedals.

Maybe I'll actually be able to drive a Group B with mid rear traction on their next Dirt Rally game lmao.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Seems like DualSense tools are simple enough for 3rd parties to use extensively in multiplatform games, nice.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like DualSense tools are simple enough for 3rd parties to use extensively in multiplatform games, nice.
This is the interesting stuff for me, some people and outlets have been pretty dismissive and assuming these technoologies won't be there or utilised decently in non-fist party offerings, but if it's simple enough to integrate and offers so much more for the gaming experience, it'd be couter-productive not to support them to the best of their abilities if it really is straight forward to do so.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
What happens if you play a 120fps game on a 60fps display? Will the PS5 still run the game in 120fps in the background or will it draw less power running in 60fps natively?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
What happens if you play a 120fps game on a 60fps display? Will the PS5 still run the game in 120fps in the background or will it draw less power running in 60fps natively?

You probably won't be able to set it to 120fps if the OS can't detect the TV is capable of displaying 120fps.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'l didn't expect to get this, I still might not. After the early impressions on the series x it didn't sound like it offered anything new aside from the next gen frame rate but if the game is vastly improved with the dual sense I might pick it up.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017

I'm far from techy but my understanding is that if the system doesn't detect a 120hz display you won't get the option to play it at 120hz.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Dictator can we look forward to some next-gen comparisons soon? 😀

Can't wait to see what you guys have in store!

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, calling out the soundtrack and not mentioning New Found Glory. Smh
884c1ff82345f7d8-awkward-george-costanza-gif-find-share-on-giphy.gif

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020
It was weird how the whole video was just about the controller. I guess there's no point talking about the technical/gameplay features since that's been covered to death already.

I think mostly it'll come down to performance. Even on XSX, the previews a few weeks ago didn't have a locked framerate.

I think the dualsense opens up the question of overall experience.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

I mean he could have talked about the 3d audio in much broader multi-platform way, much like 120hz, but he didn't. Maybe it is a step up from Dolby Atmos on Xbox/PC.

Wait this game supports Tempest?