• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Show me Nioh 2 in "Movie - unlocked mode". It looks so much nicer, but the performance was unplayable on PS4 pro. 🙏

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I assume rdr2 is going to be pretty bad without a patch given it's abysmal ps4 pro version

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hey you think you could test Nioh 1 and 2 if you have those games? I'd be interested in seeing how they run specifically in the "variable" performance modes.

Tried to ask DF, but they ignored me lol

I've not currently got access to either Nioh title, sadly. If I can get hold of it on the cheap, I'll let you know :)

How about FFXV? Does it hit 60 in other nodes besides lite mode?

Especially curious about FFXIV.

FFXV is hard-coded with a 30fps cap in every mode apart from the performance focused one

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this has been discussed but I guess i missed it. Can you use a dual sense to play backwards compatible games?

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
No? most of the game sin the vids dont have patches

The RDR2 PS4 Pro version is a complete mess in terms of resolution. So if there's no patch, there's no solution for the main issue.

The framerate was ok but limited to 30fps so there's little margin to improve (total stability at 30fps)

Lydecker

Aug 13, 2020
I would almost buy a PS5 to play The Last Guardian in 60fps... it has an uncapped framerate, does it not?

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Was Yakuza 6 able to get above 30 on the PS4 Pro? I'l love to replay that again with a stable framerate.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Glad I've held of Sekiro, will definitely go on my wait until I get a PS5 pile. I think Ghost of Tsushima will to looking at the jump. Thinking about it and looking at all the PS4 games I have I can hold off, Miles will be my last PS4 buy I think, as i already pre-ordered it.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Digital Foundry crew needs to create a standalone video about BC performance of...

...LICHDOM BATTLEMAGE!!!

:D

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized all of From's Souls games and Sekiro will be 60 on PS5, except Bloodborne. That's just cruel. Demon's, Dark 1-3 and Sekiro, over a decade of games and the one that'll probably benefit the most is left behind. Sony please?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Anyone know if Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, and Kingdom Hearts 3 (or the others), are enhanced in any way? FPS or visual? I know FFXV has the 60fps now and that FFVIIRemake has no improvements other than loading, atm.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized all of From's Souls games and Sekiro will be 60 on PS5, except Bloodborne. That's just cruel. Demon's, Dark 1-3 and Sekiro, over a decade of games and the one that'll probably benefit the most is left behind. Sony please?

Sekiro is definitely more twitch than Bloodbourne, isn't it? I'd say that is the one where it's the most important, Bloodbourne right behind it at second.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish that Square would release a patch to unlock FF XV high res. mode FPS.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro is definitely more twitch than Bloodbourne, isn't it? I'd say that is the one where it's the most important, Bloodbourne right behind it at second.
Could be, I haven't got to Sekiro yet, but seems to be in a similar ballpark. I guess I'd say BB just because it's stuck at mostly30 and always has been without a 60 version, whereas Sekiro at least had PC.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
NXGamer briefly showed Fallen Order and it appeared to be locked 60 but I'd like to see more. I'd also like to see how No Man's Sky performs in unlocked mode.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I am tired of people interpreting things into my post I literally didn't say.

To tell you the truth it's as someone said to me above. It's in way it's being written in the nuances and it may come across as one way. I apologise.

Not to turn the thread into console wars but DF also said the PS5 also outputs everything in HDR, even games that never had it originally

was literally what I said. Never even mentioned one being better or even similar, just that it had a feature of implementing HDR to games that never had them. You hit back straight away saying it was inferior. I never even compared them. That's where I think you came across as defensive and why people may interpret your posts as one way

On topic yeah he did say that and one may be better than the other, however my original point was just that the PS5 also does something similar. I never compared or said one was better only it does something similar, and John was impressed and liked the implementation.

Last edited: