• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Date in high school

• Never

• I think it was a date?

• With one person

• Yes (multiple people)

Results are only viewable after voting.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No, I was incredibly unflattering at the time and completely lacked self-awareness enough to be a good partner to anyone. I did not realize this until I was much older, though — at the time I thought I was hot shit and no one else understood how cool I was.

As a higher schooler, I was a kid that unironically wore a Naruto headband to school, had bad acne, had GameFAQs-level abrasiveness when it came to expressing my opinion, barely ever got a haircut, and would only shower once every 3 days or so (except during Cross Country season) and the only person I ever had a crush on at the time was a quiet, reserved Mormon girl and there was never any way that was going to happen or work out, lol.

I'm much better off well into my adulthood (but far from perfect) and happily with a partner now, too. Pretty embarrassed to think about how I was back in high school and not at all lamenting my lack of dating game back then.

Jun 1, 2019
Yeah I dated multiple people from middle school and on. Im a little surprised that more people here didn't date in high school at least.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I did, but they weren't anything TOO serious. It was kind of fun, but I was also pretty busy with a lot of things + weird confidence issues that kept me from keeping a steady relationship in high scool.

Oh well.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I started dating a bit in 7th grade, nothing crazy.

Had some temporary relationships between grade 8 and 10, again, nothing too serious. Had a steady girlfriend through most of 11th grade and then dated casually in 12th grade

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Nah.

Grew up in a really small town and both my parents are teachers so I was branded the 'teacher's kid' as soon as kindergarten. No one wanted to date the teachers kid as my parents had taught everyone in my class at some point so it would've been really awkward.

Never had the balls to ask anyone in college either so I literally never dated until last year when I was 25 haha. But that date turned into my current 9 month relationship so it worked out well in the end.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd had 4 or 5 girlfriends by the time high-school was done. This seemed to be pretty much the norm too but I do think we start dating a fair bit younger in the UK in general.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
At rockclimbing, a girl there from an upper year mentioned her sister in my year said one of her friends liked me. I agreed because why not? The second girl was much more forthcoming which I appreciated, we got on well, but she changed schools because bullies.

I was much more of a player before I changed school and countries, and puberty. I went to a private school, and I dated like 5 out of 7 girls in our tiny class.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Yeah junior and senior year i grew like 6-7 inches and went from nobody to having girls holla. It was pretty epic but messed up me academically :/

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah a bunch starting second half of sophomore year.

I had girlfriends in middle school too but then there was a dry spell freshman and part of soph year for some reason. Not that I didn't have girls like me and a couple make it obvious I was just fucking oblivious and kind of shy during that period for whatever reason. Then this girl Ellen who was aggressive snapped me out of it. Thanks Ellen!

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
One kinda-sorta date, I guess. She was probably my biggest crush in high school and needed a ride home. My mom agreed to take her, so she helped me with a project and I (attempted) to help her practice tennis until we got picked up.

Never been on one since.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely "I think it was a date" but numerous times to go beyond that I failed miserably because I was a clueless kid. Lol. Funny to think back on.

Ah, all's well that ends well.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I went to prom with someone. As soon as we started getting close she moved.

We were both pretty bummed about that. I never talked to her again, but for some reason I must have been sensitive enough for the first girl who ever showed return interest in me suddenly falling out of my life to wreck me more than it should have, because I spiraled into a depression soon after and never dated again until I was 22.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Yeah lots of dates, lots of parties, lots of sneaking girls out of their homes and back again, lots of tearful breakups too tho 😭😂🤣

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I mean define dating, had probably 60 girlfriends from junior high and high school, but we did not go on "dates" just drank, got high, fooled around that kind of stuff, most of them lasted like a week or two. We're I'm from though I was considered kind of a late bloomer, never even made out till I was 14 then lost my virginity at 16.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Had dates with a few different girls through high school, but didn't hit it off with them. Senior year I had what you could actually call a girlfriend. We had a nice time together through the spring and summer, but we went to colleges several states away from each other, so that was the end of that.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you count online dating via PMing a guy I liked and met on gamefaqs, then uhhhh no. I had another guy invite me to a party and that felt kind of like he was asking me out? I said yeah but he never spoke of it again so I dunno.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I had five girlfriends throughout the course of high school and frankly, I regret it.

I fucked up my priorities and my academics suffered for it, the break ups inevitably led to severing ties with the associated social groups and, as it turns out, high school kids are pretty shit at responsibly handling complex emotions. Who'da thunk?

I also still carry tauma from being cheated on and *TW* raped by the same person who tried making it up to me by giving me head whilst I fell asleep and said "no." I woke up with my pants undone and her asleep next to me. I didn't consider it "rape" until just last year as I was always far more concerned with the impact that the cheating had on me.

Last edited:

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Never have, never will lol. It was a complete non-factor for me in high school and now. I could probably count on one hand how many people I even knew who were dating at the time.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I was religious and none of the girls at school were, and all of the girls at church were terribly ignorant so I was caught in a bind. Frankly I wasn't a very good person anyway, and I had a lot of self esteem issues on top of that.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing really serious in high school, but my buddy set up a ton of double dates on myspace (it was way easier to pick girls up when they could bring a friend) and I ended up hooking up with most of those friends. Got lucky and they were pretty much all attractive.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
I dated 3 girls at the same time in high school , and they never found out. They all dumped me also.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I mean define dating, had probably 60 girlfriends from junior high and high school, but we did not go on "dates" just drank, got high, fooled around that kind of stuff, most of them lasted like a week or two. We're I'm from though I was considered kind of a late bloomer, never even made out till I was 14 then lost my virginity at 16.
Jesus Christ that's considered a late bloomer? Sounds ridiculous

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I was set up with a girl for homecoming, but we didn't go further than that.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tried to! Friendzon'd all over the place :( First GF when I was 18 in 1st semester of college.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
No I was socially awkward and I was deep in AP classes. I was virtually a sophomore year 1 of college by hours.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
hahahaha

Every single guy I asked out turned me down. (No guy ever asked me out.) I was convinced I was going to be forever alone based on my high school experience.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I wasn't really out then. Kinda didn't want to put an illusion that I was straight, but then eventually trying to deny myself that I was gay, which led to a 30+ pound weight loss once I struggled with my feelings for someone.

I also wasn't the most liked kid in High School (rumors, harassment, etc.,) on my first year, and the other school, people were very indifferent to me, though some did legit want to see me have fun (but was too scared to do anything). So eh...

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope I was still all in with my fundamentalist cult in those years. Bad association spoils useful habits and pursue the gift of singleness and dating is supposed to be past the bloom of youth. Screwed up my social development by decades and I'm still trying to learn the social lessons I should have learned in my teens in my mid thirties. Didn't get out of the cult until a few years ago. Never do religion, not even once.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Not much, I was shy when it came to girls. The crazy thing is that I had a lot of girls come on to me (well over a dozen) or ask me out or tell me they liked me but I was too scared to ever say yes. I was always like "I'm not looking for a girlfriend right now." I was such a dumbass. Eventually senior year of high school I convinced myself to be more bold. I dated some ghetto girl for a few weeks and broke up with her because I heard she was going to break up with me (gotta do it first!). Then shortly thereafter I found out that a "wife" material type girl liked me (smart, nice, cute, etc.) through my little sister who was friends with her little sister. I asked her out (via email like a little punk), she said yes and now we're married and we've been together for the last 19 years and have two kids together. In the end, it worked out. All I really wanted since I was a kid was to have a wife and kids and I got it.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yes I had five girlfriends that I can recall, and merely slept with maybe five or six others, over those chaotic four years.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Yes. I started dating and being sexually active back in middle school, and that continued into high school. I never had any issues finding girls that were interested in dating me and was basically a serial dater from the age of 13 until I met my future wife at age 21.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I grew up in a religious cult. My parents shut me and my older brother up in our home 24/7/365 all through the high school years. I didn't date until my mid-20s. (My brother has never dated.)

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm from a small town so shit that's all we did. Hell we were going on parent chaperoned dates in middle school. Not a lot to do back then.