• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As Reference (Metacritic Scores):

Ninja Gaiden Black: 94
Bayonetta: 90
Bayonetta 2: 91
NiOh: 88
BloodBorne: 92

Challenging games have never stopped reviewers from giving out high scores in the past.

DMC games are challenging but usually give casual players enough options and means to get through the game and have a lot of fun. Its not like this is La Mulana or anything where you gotta work just to advance a tiny bit.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
unknown.png
giphy.gif

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
The GOTY is here ladies and gents. Holy shit I just stopped playing and it's middle of the night where I live, and I... didn't even realize.

Anyway, BEST. DANTE. EVER.

Here's my professional 'complexity' chart:

Nero:

2dd.jpg

V:

9c0.jpg

Dante:

212.jpg

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
back to back 90+?

Capgod?

GOAT Engine?

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Considering how the preview coverage for this game has been close to universally positive, I can't see any outcome other than high praise from the majority of outlets.

I feel like people are overestimating the skill floor for these games.

More like underestimating, lol.

Anyway, I've just finished my review. Technically, it's already 06.03. over here, but we still have to wait a few hours. Tomorrow's gonna be fun ;)

Review embargo lifts at 8:00am Pacific Time tomorrow. In about 14 hours from now.

I now you're in Capcom, but are you 100% sure? I'm pretty sure I was told it's 8:00am GMT, and I've been scrambling to finish the review till now, lol.

Last edited:

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
More like underestimating, lol.

Anyway, I've just finished my review. Technically, it's already 06.03. over here, but we still have to wait a few hours. Tomorrow's gonna be fun ;)

I now you're in Capcom, but are you 100% sure? I'm pretty sure I was told it's 8:00am GMT, and I've been scrambling to finish the review till now, lol.
Waiting for the 5 out of 10.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
The GOTY is here ladies and gents. Holy shit I just stopped playing and it's middle of the night where I live, and I... didn't even realize.

Nero:

2dd.jpg

V:

9c0.jpg

Dante:

212.jpg

Damn you already got the game?

Do you know if there's an option to completely turn off all of the HUD like in the launch trailer gameplay footage? The game looks super clean without all of the health bars and text cluttering the screen. Hoping there's an option to turn the HUD off like in RE2

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone who does below an 8.5 is going to be eaten alive. DMC fanbase is a true demon.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017

Nero:

2dd.jpg

V:

9c0.jpg

Dante:

212.jpg
Can't wait to play as Dante, it's gonna be awesome.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I just hope you can go back and replay chapters with any character after you beat the game.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I think 85-90 is a safe bet, but I'd love to see 90+. If any pure character action game is going to crack the 90s it's this one; those amazing RE Engine production values will take it a long way.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro seems a lot more stealth-focused from what I've seen, with that Souls-style interlocking world design. When I say 'pure' character action I'm talking about your standard DMC/Bayo/etc design, i.e. level based, basically linear corridors that you run down while regularly getting locked into arenas and forced to fight enemies to continue.