• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Urizen boss footage is from that Chinese site I posted earlier.

Also the V taunt is based on this music piece:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Watching his moveset...ehhh it dosen't scream
Vergil at all. Even when he was Neo Angelo he was a highly skilled/graceful Swordsmen. Urizen uses absolutely no technique.
On one hand, it could be construed that Vergil isn't even MOTIVATED enough to give you more than a scintilla of effort.

On the other hand, the old boxart(?) leak made it sound like Dante was involved in this because of the demon responsible for his brother's corruption (again?). In which case, maybe it's not even Vergil's consciously in control of his actions, but his body is being hijacked? Would give a lot of credence to the theories about V being a vessel for Vergil's soul himself, or what-have-you...

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Boss busters in DMC 4 achieved the same effect as QuickTime events and actually needed skill.

May 26, 2018
At some point 'Urizen' is going to shed all those tree roots and reveal the true, motivated form underneath...

I don't know if I'm ready for the "Urizen 3 DMD SSS No Damage" runs we're going to start seeing on Youtube like a week after the game comes out. I still can't believe the eleven year wait is almost up.

Donguri going to go full pizza time on his ass. CANT wait.

It's even more hilarious with sound.

On one hand, it could be construed that Vergil isn't even MOTIVATED enough to give you more than a scintilla of effort.

On the other hand, the old boxart(?) leak made it sound like Dante was involved in this because of the demon responsible for his brother's corruption (again?). In which case, maybe it's not even Vergil's consciously in control of his actions, but his body is being hijacked? Would give a lot of credence to the theories about V being a vessel for Vergil's soul himself, or what-have-you...
My whole problem with V - Vergil - Urizen is, that it's nearly too obvious.
Of course everyone would suspect V to have connection to Vergil, the letter would be enough. They couldn't see this not coming. They put Vergil into the very first trailer - did they really think nobody would notice?
Using the same voice actor for Urizen worked well too. And regarding Urizen: In the very first beginning of the game Nero says about the whole tree mess: "Yamato did this" leading to his arm rip off flashback. So how in the world are we not supposed to think, that the bad guy in that tree is Vergil? To underline it, V even says to Nero: "This is Urizen (...) he stole your arm."
They are making a huge secret around something, that's explained in the first 15 min of the game?!
I'm not sure if they are stupid, or think we are stupid, or if they are in fact just toying with us, and there is a complete different twist to everything.
And you're right, it was mentioned before, that Dante seeks revenge for the corruption etc, what would fit Mundus pretty well. It's highly possible, V is actually possessed by him. He lures them all to Urizen, plays them all, has an inner struggle when he tries to kill Dante and ultimately can't. His face also shows cracks later, as if the corruption is taking over or something like that.
When he recruits Dante for the fight, he says, this demon is special, and Dante wants to know why - but the rest of the cutscene never has sound or subs in those review vids, it drives me crazy! I'd love to know the answer.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Some may think that U is vergil but boy oh boy I can't wait until they see it for their own eyes

sRKvyUJ.gif

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm addicted to the demo. This game is going to be spectacular.

V is looking REALLY interesting. 15 hours one single playthrough is HUGE if true.
Definitely hyped quite a bit.

Last edited:
It's kinda funny that V calls Nero a child. I would assume them to be close in age.
Also that eurogamer journalist loves to call Nero Dante's nephew. I wonder if that will ever be adressed ingame.
Btw, what would you assume how old Patty is meant to be in the anime? We know now that the timeline goes 3-1-Anime-2-4-5, and she turns 18 during 5. If she's max. 12 years old, that would give 2-4-5 only a timespan of 6 years to happen.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Playstation Access doing God's work.

I think out of all the previews this one along side Easy Allies' and Maximilian's feels the least superficial and more analytical. I especially like his point about how playing as V gives him a wider perspective of the combat once he shifts back to Nero and Dante.

Oct 25, 2017

I think out of all the previews this one along side Easy Allies' and Maximilian's feels the least superficial and more analytical. I especially like his point about how playing as V gives him a wider perspective of the combat once he shifts back to Nero and Dante.

Best preview of DMC imo, alongside the ones you've mentioned.
Rob just gets it. He articulated why DMC feels so damn good.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Best preview of DMC imo, alongside the ones you've mentioned.
Rob just gets it. He articulated why DMC feels so damn good.

He describes it in a different way from how most people usually does but he's still hitting the same points.

What he describes as "intimacy" is basically that you having all the right tools to control a fight.
When he talks about "each button press is your own" is basically no button prompts or QTEs.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do we have a full list of upgrades for the three characters yet? I'd love to plan out my unlock priorities in advance.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a full list of upgrades for the three characters yet? I'd love to plan out my unlock priorities in advance.
That's not how these game work generally. You pretty much just get what you can afford at any given time. They designed the game this way by making the "essential" or "core" moves cheap. And the game is designed that you unlock everything within a couple of playthroughs.

Nov 7, 2017
That's not how these game work generally. You pretty much just get what you can afford at any given time. They designed the game this way by making the "essential" or "core" moves cheap. And the game is designed that you unlock everything within a couple of playthroughs.
Or in 1 playthrough for a few extra bucks :)

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
User banned (1 day): Trolling repeatedly
Or in 1 playthrough for a few extra bucks :)
THE GREED.

THE ABSOLUTE, UNBRIDLED LUST FOR MONEY.

What a disgrace to all of video game-dom. Capcpom will never change, they will nickel and dime you for every single thing in this game. Frankly, I'm surprised the ability to just do a basic attack with a sword isn't locked for Nero from the start with all the NICKEL & DIMING.
For real? Like the whole game?
WE NEED TO SEE WHAT THE MICROTRANSACTIONS SCREEN LOOKS LIKE. It's where the majority of the game's budget went anyway. I heard Itsuno coded this HIMSELF!

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm staying blind on the game, only played the demo and have one question: will the game have some form of dodge? Because something felt quite off during the boss fight. I never liked the series (yet I love Bayo & Co) but I really want to...

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm staying blind on the game, only played the demo and have one question: will the game have some form of dodge? Because something felt quite off during the boss fight. I never liked the series (yet I love Bayo & Co) but I really want to...
The demo alone has more than one Dodge move.

Dodge roll
Jump
Gebera

There won't be a Bayonetta/from soft esque Dodge mechanic.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017

Well, yeah. He basically describes whole genre. Bayo or MG Rising feel very similar.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Thanks, I tried to press all the buttons but couldn't move out from the enemy's attack. Didn't like Gebera since it's consumable and I normally love spamming dodges. I'll try it again.

I think the real question is how are you fighting Goliath? Are you in the air most of the time doing air combos or on the ground?

If you are in the air then you are restricted until you buy a move called enemy step which lets you jump off enemies and resets your special moves and double jump counter.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I think the real question is how are you fighting Goliath? Are you in the air most of the time doing air combos or on the ground?

If you are in the air then you are restricted until you buy a move called enemy step which lets you jump off enemies and resets your special moves and double jump counter.
I'm constantly in the air and that's probably the problem as you said. I really need to unlearn some things because I'm approaching this like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta. The last time I played a DMC was probably in 2005, I don't remember a thing. I just saw that the pause screen described how to dodge, guess that's a lesson to be patient and give more time to the demo.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Nah staying in the air is fine and since that's the case I recommend you buy the skill called enemy step and also taunting in the air acts as a triple jump and dodge.