• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, DMC, how I've missed ye.

What I wouldn't give for a new AAA-character action game franchise to be announced.

Too bad Bayonetta 3 is Swicth only. Maybe I'll buy a Switch to play it.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
What determines Mission rank this time around? Is it just stylish points?

Because I didn't collect a single orb in the prologue on DMD difficulty yet I still got an S.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah, it's gonna be a while before I get bored of it. Combat is so awesome and the animation is just brilliant.

02xDq4V.gif

DMC5 possibly has the greatest animation transitions ever in videogames.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Really regretting getting V his silver surfer ability. It makes just moving around annoying since it auto engages.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is it just me or is Dante just overpowered? He just destroys everything with ease once you get Cavalier as well and then you just get a massive heal with Devil Trigger.

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Do Red Orbs matter for mission rankings this time around, or just style points? And is it every fight you go into in a chapter, or does it just count mandatory encounters?

Oct 26, 2017
Also yeah, I hate the angles too, such long fights, not sure what to do with them to make it go quicker.
Like what is happening here,
  • I set up my lazer it does 0 damage.
  • I parry and launch him, does 0 damage
  • I bounce on the floor does tons of damage
  • I combo on floor does 0 damage

Was to busy playing the game to catch most of it, but was fun watching you finish the game last night!

Sigma

Oct 25, 2017
This game is fucking beautiful. So fucking fun as well. Haven't been this excited to do NG+ for a game in who knows how long...

Bloody palace gonna be a real treat.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
One of the main reasons I brought it on PC is so I can run it/capture at higher framerates, means I can slow down the footage while keeping it smooth, helps when trying to make cool looking gifs but also can marvel at the animation work it's so good.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Just completed my first mission as V, I like him. He feels very different. He takes a bit of getting used to though. I was doing fine until I hit the boss of that chapter then I died 2x. But I felt like I only died because I was getting confused as to where I was and I couldn't make out my character versus the enemy with all the flashiness going on.

With one on one fights or close to one on one fights his techniques are great but when you get overwhelmed its a bit harder to crowd control unless you call the golem. But I do enjoy how different he feels.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On my journey through the past devil may cry games. Just finished DMC3 and it is still my favorite by far. The boss fights with Vergil are some of the greatest in gaming history especially the last one. The music and feels man. "No one can have this, Dante... it's mine, it belongs to a son of Sparda"

Now onto 4 then DmC before goign back to 5.

Please tell me there are great moments like 3 in 5? I'm expecting there to be some.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you!

Edit: Wait it's not working. Do you need to do it between missions? That may be why.
Ah, yes, I believe so. In the upgrades menu, you can definitely do it. That's how I disabled V's slide.
On my journey through the past devil may cry games. Just finished DMC3 and it is still my favorite by far. The boss fights with Vergil are some of the greatest in gaming history especially the last one. The music and feels man. "No one can have this, Dante... it's mine, it belongs to a son of Sparda"

Now onto 4 then DmC before goign back to 5.

Please tell me there are great moments like 3 in 5? I'm expecting there to be some.
DmC has a hilariously juvenile sense of humor. Lots of DMC fans like to rag on it for that, but I feel it's one of the game's stronger suits. Some of the game's best moments are when it's focusing on toilet humor, especially with the Succubus and Bob Barbas fights. Play the definitive edition in the remixed mode so you can enjoy the better style scoring and enemy balance.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
That's a temporary power up that uses a bar of DT.
Yeah, I just had a massive brainfart lol.
Like what is happening here,
  • I set up my lazer it does 0 damage.
  • I parry and launch him, does 0 damage
  • I bounce on the floor does tons of damage
  • I combo on floor does 0 damage

Was to busy playing the game to catch most of it, but was fun watching you finish the game last night!
It looks like we are playing at the same speed here haha, I just did that part. But yeah, those guys are tough assholes on DMD. I do like every single move on them, in and out of DT and it takes barely any damage off them.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I just had a massive brainfart lol.
It looks like we are playing at the same speed here haha, I just did that part. But yeah, those guys are tough assholes on DMD. I do like every single move on them, in and out of DT and it takes barely any damage off them.
I'm in the void with them right now, and sometimes they straight up just ignore damage, wtf is going on with them
edit: Lol it just avoided the final hit of the tom boy combo, fuck this. And lmao once they DT, your basic SA goes from 40->10

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What is the strategy for using guns? It seems the only real use for them is getting a few shots off to help with your combo?

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
One of the main reasons I brought it on PC is so I can run it/capture at higher framerates, means I can slow down the footage while keeping it smooth, helps when trying to make cool looking gifs but also can marvel at the animation work it's so good.

I really hope that Bloody Palace or further DLC gives mission replays of some kind. How great it would be to take the photo mode through the game live. Video editors dream...

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
How much time passed between DMC4 and DMC5? Seems like it might have actually been canonically eleven years, because I'm on my replay now and there's 2019 technology everywhere like HD TVs embedded in the walls.

But then there's also pay phones everywhere so I dunno.

I dunno if this series even takes place on Earth. Does it? Every location we know of is made up.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, my fellow Erors. Is DMCV newbie-friendly? I say as someone who did find Bayonetta (the first one) a tad complicated and was glad easy mode was there so I could get a grasp of it and then replay it on normal difficulty?

Also, what do I need to know to jump in? I played 1 back in the day but that's it, lol.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
OTlCpzu.png

Can anyone explain to me what calculation is going on in the left of this image? I assume these numbered areas identify the time between each of the game's ave points given the pictures. But I definitely got more than 4000+ style points in each of those segments but for some reason it's saying I didn't.

Do I have to actively engage in every battle to get these numbers up to S rank?

Mission 8 is the first mission where this has become a weird issue for me.

Still looking for answers if anyone can help! 😢

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I have a kinda game breaking bug.
5820k/980Ti.
On Mission 10 (I think?) I get to a fight where there's one of those Nelo Angelo look alikes and a bunch of Angel types like the DMC4 enemies...if i hit Nelo Angelo 2.0 AT ALL, the game hard freezes. It doesn't CTD, and I can still hear the audio but the game freezes and I have to ALT+F4/Task Manager the game and restart Steam to try again. Same things happens :(

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'll be honest, I'm loving nearly every enemy in this game but the Hell Antenoras can go fuck themselves. I've never once enjoyed a single encounter with them.

They're not even hard, they're just super spongey and that they don't telegraph their near uninterruptible sweeping attacks becomes really annoying when three of them spawn in off screen mid-combat and destroy my style meter.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes, I believe so. In the upgrades menu, you can definitely do it. That's how I disabled V's slide.

DmC has a hilariously juvenile sense of humor. Lots of DMC fans like to rag on it for that, but I feel it's one of the game's stronger suits. Some of the game's best moments are when it's focusing on toilet humor, especially with the Succubus and Bob Barbas fights. Play the definitive edition in the remixed mode so you can enjoy the better style scoring and enemy balance.

I loved DmC quite alot including the humor. I got the definitive edition so ill check out the remixed mode.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One cool thing about V's slide is that he automatically breaks those red orb clusters if you run over them.

Started using the void to practice, taking it one weapon at a time: so far so good!

Sweet combo!

Hello, my fellow Erors. Is DMCV newbie-friendly? I say as someone who did find Bayonetta (the first one) a tad complicated and was glad easy mode was there so I could get a grasp of it and then replay it on normal difficulty?

Also, what do I need to know to jump in? I played 1 back in the day but that's it, lol.

Sure, there is a Human (easy) mode if you want it. There is also an auto-assist mode if you need it.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like I'm just telling people what to do instead of having full control of my character

One thing that really helps with him is holding R2 to read the book while you do anything else. It boosts your DT meter gain, which means you can burn DT on buffing Shadow/Griffon more often to just obliterate enemies, or call Nightmare out more often.

Reading the book + constant boosted Shadow/Griffon = SSS ranks and dead enemies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me why the hell isn't this Dante's theme instead of Subhuman

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The game really needs a patch to address the insane amount of fucking load screens both before AND after every mission. Christ. Just let me go back to the menu already.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I have a kinda game breaking bug.
5820k/980Ti.
On Mission 10 (I think?) I get to a fight where there's one of those Nelo Angelo look alikes and a bunch of Angel types like the DMC4 enemies...if i hit Nelo Angelo 2.0 AT ALL, the game hard freezes. It doesn't CTD, and I can still hear the audio but the game freezes and I have to ALT+F4/Task Manager the game and restart Steam to try again. Same things happens :(

The problem might be too many particle effects going all at once. Let V get rekt and then clean up the rest yourself and that might take you through it

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
I know this will sound like blasphemy, but why did I enjoy DmC more than DMCV? Is it because I suck at it? Must be the reason lol

Deleted member 28131

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So Ive never played one of these games before and im currently on mission 3.

Pretty boring so far and i dont understand the fuss, what am i missing Era? I loved something like Bloodborne.

Though i'm now looking at some of the gifs from the previous pages and they do look pretty awesome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So Ive never played one of these games before and im currently on mission 3.

Pretty boring so far and i dont understand the fuss, what am i missing Era? I loved something like Bloodborne.

Though i'm now looking at some of the gifs from the previous pages and they do look pretty awesome.
You kinda have to apply yourself with the combat and have your fun on it. Unfortunately this time around they made the game a bit too easy on the default difficulties so most people are just mashing through it and thus aren't really getting into the mechanics. Though game difficulty increases in latter half of the game, it actually follows a linear difficulty curve unlike Souls games which are like hard from the start because you are learning the mechanics still but sort of level off after a while.

This is a completely different type of game from Bloodborne.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
DMV's later stages remind me a lot of Dark Souls.

I would like to see those games running on the RE engine without From Software's trademark frame pacing.