• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dante doesn't embrace his demon side nor wanted more power because he kills Eva and we're gonna see him do that in first person.

Oct 25, 2017
How would the devil breakers work if Nero gains his DT back?
Dante doesn't embrace his demon side nor wanted more power because he kills Eva and we're gonna see him do that in first person.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Geez that video thumbnail was bad enough, staying far away from this. Thought it might just be a boss or something. Thanks for elaborating from Capcom in the OP Dusk.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
How would the devil breakers work if Nero gains his DT back?

giphy-downsized-large.gif
My guess is that he'll regain normal Buster attack functionality when all of his Devil Breakers have been used up (and he'll have working DT all the time), whereas right now all he has is Wire Snatch (the equivalent of Devil Bringer).

As for DT versus devil breaker explosion, who the fuck knows how they'll juggle that I guess.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure the vocalist in the song is Aubrey Ashburn.

Also did DMC4 music

Noob

Oct 25, 2017
hoping this game will be better than god of war... But nah I doubt it will.. Let's see.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Was going to hold off on this for awhile ( I am on a budget and already pre-ordered Sekiro) but that was so hype I might just have to break down and get it on release.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
fuuuuuuuckin great trailer. This engine is doing some serious work.

first time i heard Lady's new VA, and I gotta say I miss whoever did 3.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't sure if I wanted the base game only, or go deluxe....

Son, full deluxe all the way. Awww yissssss. I AM MOTIVATED.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn it this trailer got me hyped enough to pre order when I wasn't going to. I need to see this journey play out.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is the Deluxe Version unavailable to anyone else on Amazon? I found the collector's edition luckluster so I was gonna get the Deluxe Edition but it seems unavailable.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Vergil being in the game is the least surprising thing here. Is that actually a spoiler? Lol.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Still not really liking it. Should have been about Dante only with Vergil als playable bonus character. More like a reboot in the vein of DMC 1+3.

Feels like Old Dante and his shitty friends to me. Also V looks super unfun to play and I already didn't like Nero in 4. Meh. Will still try it out for sure becaue I love DMC1+3.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
hoping this game will be better than god of war... But nah I doubt it will.. Let's see.

Ehh, God of War is an amazing game for making Kratos compelling. It's greater than the sum of it's parts. Also, dunno why you are bringing up God of War is if they are contemporaries, they are basically two different genres at this point. The original God of War has obvious DMC influence, while the new one is more akin to games like Last of Us with more in depth RPG systems.

DMC5 is gonna almost set to be the definitive character action game of this generation. The metacritic score may not reflect that it's "better" than God of War, but from a purely gameplay aspect no games are showing as much potential as this game's combat.

Still not really liking it. Should have been about Dante only with Vergil als playable bonus character. More like a reboot in the vein of DMC 1+3.

Feels like Old Dante and his shitty friends to me. Also V looks super unfun to play and I already didn't like Nero in 4. Meh. Will still try it out for sure becaue I love DMC1+3.
For what it's worth: I feel you, bro.
I hate Nero and I hate V. When he comes into Dante's office, right from the very first second my Devil Trigger gets pulled immediately. It's just everything around those boys.
I wanted them to go back to Dante as main as well. During the E3 trailer the whole time I was just saying: No no no no no no.
Welp, can't help it. Nero is the future.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth: I feel you, bro.
I hate Nero and I hate V. When he comes into Dante's office, right from the very first second my Devil Trigger gets pulled immediately. It's just everything around those boys.
I wanted them to go back to Dante as main as well. During the E3 trailer the whole time I was just saying: No no no no no no.
Welp, can't help it. Nero is the future.

The sad part is that weapon-based characters seem to be on the way out in the series AND action games in general if V and Nero are the way they plan to go moving forward. Net loss for the genre.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm pretty sure the vocalist in the song is Aubrey Ashburn.

Also did DMC4 music

The DMC5 singer sounds more like Abby Trott, to be honest.

To be clear, I've yet to see the trailer. I just heard the song in a separate spoiler-free video on YouTube (it tried to minimize the extra dialogue).