• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Just got "problem reading game content" beagle error. Have to uninstall and redownload the entire thing. Same happened to two friends the past week. I hope they fix this expeditiously

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bungie devs Chris Proctor and Kevin Yanes are coming onto a podcast hosted by Coolguy, CammyCakes, FalloutPlays and others. Seems unprecedented for Bungie devs to actively talk to members of the community regarding the sandbox so this could be interesting insight. This is tomorrow at 6PM Pacific.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie devs Chris Proctor and Kevin Yanes are coming onto a podcast hosted by Coolguy, CammyCakes, FalloutPlays and others. Seems unprecedented for Bungie devs to actively talk to members of the community regarding the sandbox so this could be interesting insight.

Weisnewski and Hamrick were on DCP in the past.

It's going to be all softball questions.

Oct 27, 2017
The override 8 bounty challenge says it's a pinnacle but has always dropped at my light level. Maybe a bug and its supposed to be a powerful drop? The 3 conflux chests pinnacle has been dropping at +1 for me though.
I thought when this season launched Bungie said it was an error and wasn't going to reward a Pinnacle until June 15 or something to that effect. Pretty sure it had to do with the Override activity but I could be wrong.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Turns out momentum control sucks. I think it was only ok before cause everyone was using scouts for randy's and grenade launchers for mountain top. Now it's just regular crucible but you die even faster.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Not sure how we did it, but three times in a row we bugged Atheon into an infinite damage phase. The only one I'm seeing online involves dropping the relic at a specific time, but I was the holder and wasn't timing my drops or anything. So I either got extremely lucky three times in a row or something new is going on.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Bungie devs Chris Proctor and Kevin Yanes are coming onto a podcast hosted by Coolguy, CammyCakes, FalloutPlays and others. Seems unprecedented for Bungie devs to actively talk to members of the community regarding the sandbox so this could be interesting insight. This is tomorrow at 6PM Pacific.

This will either be eye opening or pablum. There is no in-between.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Turns out momentum control sucks. I think it was only ok before cause everyone was using scouts for randy's and grenade launchers for mountain top. Now it's just regular crucible but you die even faster.
Mom Control has always been "do your Crucible shit — but way quicker."

Everyone's probably piling in to work on Catalysts, Transmog Bounties, etc etc

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Man the story has gotten absolutely crazy. That Saint cutscene made me feel uneasy.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Are any of these good on Found Verdict?
1) Surplus/Vorpal
2) Surplus/One-Two Punch
3) Auto-loading/Opening Shot
4) Auto-loading/One-Two Punch
5) Auto-loading/Frenzy
6) Full Auto/Opening Shot

Looking to keep one...

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Are any of these good on Found Verdict?
1) Surplus/Vorpal
2) Surplus/One-Two Punch
3) Auto-loading/Opening Shot
4) Auto-loading/One-Two Punch
5) Auto-loading/Frenzy
6) Full Auto/Opening Shot

Looking to keep one...

The only roll that I would say is good for PvE (because Felwinters is better in PvP) is Auto Loading One Two Punch.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Blows my mind that bungie can't even detect hacks like these... other games would instantly detect and permanently ban

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Echoing others in how fantastic the story is these past couple of seasons (the one with crow was meh, but great character building). But this week's "episode", was really effective in coloring in these characters who have been admittedly quite hollow. I feel like for the first time in the franchise, they are starting to develop depth. And then there's the overarching storyline that is bubbling away leading up to Witch Queen has been engaging so far (what about that "song" the City has been singing huh...). It feels awesome to FINALLY have a narrative in Destiny that works in the game and that I'm invested in. It's about damn time.

I realize it's fully coincidental but I can't help but draw comparisons between the current storyline of the Fallen refugees, the City's racism/xenophobia and with what's happening in the world right now (especially re: Israel - Palestine). Now I don't mean to belittle the real world conflicts, of course. There's some parallel here that's making the narrative even more effective.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I'm think the story is okay rn.

It's not gonna go anywhere unpredictable with the past sins stuff , there's 0 chance this ends with House Light getting killed and us being ok with it or House Light getting booted justified as something good and is probably gonna end on some according to keikaku shit.

I do hate the diet racism it has the Reddit on, some of the stuff being said is suuuuuper sus.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm think the story is okay rn.

It's not gonna go anywhere unpredictable with the past sins stuff , there's 0 chance this ends with House Light getting killed and us being ok with it or House Light getting booted justified as something good and is probably gonna end on some according to keikaku shit.

I do hate the diet racism it has the Reddit on, some of the stuff being said is suuuuuper sus.

I think it's a given we all know where the story ends up, with House Light ultimately saving the day and FWC repenting. The writing is just good for the themes it touches on. Fleshes out the Fallen, characters like Mithrax and Saint-14 and gives up a better insight into the politics of the City, like finally seeing one of the factions we've known for years actually partake in those politics. This is the most political Destiny has ever been, to the point it relates to recent real world events in a number of ways.

A story doesn't need some unexpected turn to be good.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Ran 1340s for a few hours tonight, got 2 rolls with reservoir burst. One killing wind, the other heating up. One day I'll get a better null calamity.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I think it's a given we all know where the story ends up, with House Light ultimately saving the day and FWC repenting. The writing is just good for the themes it touches on. Fleshes out the Fallen, characters like Mithrax and Saint-14 and gives up a better insight into the politics of the City, like finally seeing one of the factions we've known for years actually partake in those politics. This is the most political Destiny has ever been, to the point it relates to recent real world events in a number of ways.

A story doesn't need some unexpected turn to be good.
The Traveler will bless House of Light with their lost light, or at least Mithrax.
FWC will be disbanded and abolished.
I am not too sure what happens with the general populace that are under Savathuns song now.... maybe Saladin will go all Arthas Stratholme on them.

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
Have to say, they've been doing a really great job with fleshing out the other races this season and last, all the lore entries and bits about Cabal society last season were great insights and

Going full "I Am Legend", showing Saint as this marauding murdering monster in the eyes of the Eliksni really helped sympathise with them

I almost feel bad gunning them down in their hundreds in strikes, almost.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rapid hit and Dragonfly on a range MW. Sounds like good stuff for PVE
E25NsiKWQAUAGsd