• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Yeah new player experience is beyond garbage. Not telling them what to do, not mentioning new mod systems. the in game help tips are for the stupidest things in the game like the map and pursuits tab but not for Armor 2.0 or anything like that.
Agreed with all this. Im having so much fun but it was tough trying to understand everything on my own. Kept reading guides and asking people to go my way.

I wonder how many players are kneecapped and don't even know it
Whats that?

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I reinstalled to try out the BP, but the load times killed it again. I'll come back to Destiny when the PS5 hits.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
u4d5aw0mjqt31.jpg

I think they can do better.

And there shouldn't be as many gaps in the free lane as there is now, after 45 I believe. Throw them a bone or something, enhancement cores some legendary shards. Something. This is coming from someone with the season pass.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The rewards aren't the most interesting but it is implemented pretty well. You're always making a decent amount of progress even when playing casually.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
u4d5aw0mjqt31.jpg

I think they can do better.

And there shouldn't be as many gaps in the free lane as there is now, after 45 I believe. Throw them a bone or something, enhancement cores some legendary shards. Something. This is coming from someone with the season pass.
Eh, they are already getting most of the game for free, added to that the artifact all the locations, gambit etc, I think Bungie's meeting free players more than halfway.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I can't do destiny anymore. Game is fine and dandy. I just don't care enough to do all that. It's too much and the game feels like a chore, not fun anymore.

that feeling comes and goes though, so maybeanother expansion will bring me back

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Too many. It's stupid. I get the new light help tips and it's like what the fuck bungie can you not tell I have owned D2 since it's launch? Then half the people I know launch into a nightfall get fucked and don't know why.

It honestly has been some of the stupidest design choices I've ever seen in Bungie's History.
Agreed with all this. Im having so much fun but it was tough trying to understand everything on my own. Kept reading guides and asking people to go my way.
So many issues tbh, no legitimate tutorial, a shitload of quests and none of them point to the campaign, the games campaigns were gimped randomly, no 800/900 cap on harder activities like the raid or the nightfalls.

They seriously should have used the Black Armory to introduce new light players as a lower light level and they'd need to run through some story quests that involves the BA to unlock their full potential or something.

It's sad, such massive potential that got fucked because of stupid design choices. 200K is good on steam but that's that player count isn't new people its a large majority of old players.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I think the addition of a battle pass-style rewards system is nice and adds to the game in a positive way. That being said most of the rewards aren't very useful and I wish they offered much more exclusive cosmetics and didn't repeatedly reward the Season of Undying armor set throughout the entire reward tree. That armor set is not exclusive to this rewards system so that's a complaint as well. This should be rewarding more exclusive stuff.
I rather earn what you're describing in game rather than tucked away behind a battle pass. The seasonal armor helps pad your leveling on the way to 950

Vex ornaments are nice too

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
It's really good; the grind seems entirely achievable and the rewards are worthwhile. I went hard on the game for the first 10 days and am already nearly at lvl 70, so now I can leisurely take my time getting to 100 in the couple of months we have left. Really good first offering from Bungie.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Their gameplay systems could be perfect, but if I'm still getting disconnected from the game on a 1gbps line insanely consistently and only in Destiny these systems mean nothing imo

that seems to be an issue with you. I dont think many people are getting that issue.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Too many. It's stupid. I get the new light help tips and it's like what the fuck bungie can you not tell I have owned D2 since it's launch? Then half the people I know launch into a nightfall get fucked and don't know why.

It honestly has been some of the stupidest design choices I've ever seen in Bungie's History.

So many issues tbh, no legitimate tutorial, a shitload of quests and none of them point to the campaign, the games campaigns were gimped randomly, no 800/900 cap on harder activities like the raid or the nightfalls.

They seriously should have used the Black Armory to introduce new light players as a lower light level and they'd need to run through some story quests that involves the BA to unlock their full potential or something.

It's sad, such massive potential that got fucked because of stupid design choices. 200K is good on steam but that's that player count isn't new people its a large majority of old players.
They damn lucky the gameplay is good and you can just bump along. I have a fuck ton of issues with the game but on the flipside i am waiting on a good sale for Forsaken and the other dlc

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
D2 Pass XP is flat amount. 100k per level. Only the artifact power level increases every time

I'm asking what games have battle passes that don't have flat leveling, since this is something the OP brings up as being good about the D2 implementation.
AFAIK, its very standard to have flat leveling in battle passes. I don't know of any that don't have flat leveling.

Apex actually has linearly decreasing level requirements from the XP multipliers you accumulate along the way.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
that seems to be an issue with you. I dont think many people are getting that issue.
I mean it's most likely my ISP and there's not gonna be anything I can do about it, but others are also getting bad issues with the game and those people are just getting poor connections in general because the network system requires you to have 30mps upload minimum to even play the game at a good rate.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd actually agree with someone in this thread that said Red Dead Online has the better pass. Hell, you can actually get that one without spending actual money if you have enough gold and by the end of the pass, you will have earned the same amount of gold spent on said pass. If you save your gold, you can go from one season to the next, pass after pass, and not spend a single bit of actual money.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm asking what games have battle passes that don't have flat leveling, since this is something the OP brings up as being good about the D2 implementation.
AFAIK, its very standard to have flat leveling in battle passes. I don't know of any that don't have flat leveling.

Pretty sure Fortnite doesn't have flat leveling... although I haven't played since season 2 or 3? But a quick google search shows Season 9:

86yiofz957x21.png

Though I did hear that the new Chapter 2 one is grindy as hell (without double xp weekend). Apex battle pass season 1 was really grindy as well. Not sure if they changed that.

Fedele

Oct 28, 2017

YES! Gosh I thought I was the only one - I started playing Destiny 2 this week and holy shit I am overwhelmed by the amount of different ranks, seasons etc. I'm not a hardcore gamer not casual, but still it's been so overwhelming that I just gave up trying to understand - information is spread all over the place and not intuitive at all. What do I gain, where do I gain and where do I spend it? And how is a rank different from whatever else!?

Any tips or guides that I can read to understand this a lil bit better without having to rely on sparse information and those terrible ingame tutorials?

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Pretty sure Fortnite doesn't have flat leveling... although I haven't played since season 2 or 3? But a quick google search shows Season 9:

86yiofz957x21.png

Though I did hear that the new Chapter 2 one is grindy as hell (without double xp weekend). Apex battle pass season 1 was really grindy as well. Not sure if they changed that.
Cool, thanks, this is what I was looking for.
Not a Fortnite player so this is helpful. I'm surprised they went with this considering they popularized it but most implementations since (that I'm familiar with) have opted for a flat progression.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
oh shit, these fuckers are annoying as shit, gonna look into that hahaha

i still dont understand completely, some weapons can be modded an others dont, so idk what to do.
Original guns from launch have no mods years 2 and Shadowkeep stuff has mod system for things like freehand grip etc and the new anti barrier rounds etc.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
YES! Gosh I thought I was the only one - I started playing Destiny 2 this week and holy shit I am overwhelmed by the amount of different ranks, seasons etc. I'm not a hardcore gamer not casual, but still it's been so overwhelming that I just gave up trying to understand - information is spread all over the place and not intuitive at all. What do I gain, where do I gain and where do I spend it? And how is a rank different from whatever else!?

Any tips or guides that I can read to understand this a lil bit better without having to rely on sparse information and those terrible ingame tutorials?
Give the OT a read.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
already explained it to someone else in this thread, but after the swap to steam the games connection has become beyond spotty as fuck, doesn't help that this is the only P2P FPS out there now.

Also no other ISPs in the area.
I love the hybrid P2P/Server system D2 uses, I havent seen a rubber band since Osiris or thereabouts.

Back on topic: Love the Battlepass, great stuff Bungie.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean it's most likely my ISP and there's not gonna be anything I can do about it, but others are also getting bad issues with the game and those people are just getting poor connections in general because the network system requires you to have 30mps upload minimum to even play the game at a good rate.

what?

i have 2.5 mbps upload and i play just fine o.o

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
what?

i have 2.5 mbps upload and i play just fine o.o
I dunno honestly like I said it's an issue I should seriously not be getting with 1gbps but then again I am getting it and literally no way of fixing it because the subreddit doesn't allow network related posts and bungie straightup doesn't ever use their forums.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I really like the season pass so far. The bonus power level is nice since you always feel like you are making some progress, even if you dont get the drops you want (such as getting 3 pairs of boots from the raid last night). Overall it is a big win in my mind.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm finally playing through the campaign of D2. Just whoa... having a blast. I should have played this much sooner.

And GOOD LORD AT THE SOUNDTRACK! Please give Bungie an award for that.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
The game is such shit at telling folks what they can do. Plus the UI is so inefficient
Makes their desire to attract new fans all the more laughable. They're one of the worst at communicating changes to long time players inside of the game where it belongs. I can't imagine how new players must feel. Actually, that's a lie, I know exactly how they feel since I have several friends who started playing this month and then almost immediately quit.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Only complaint I have is the rewards are a bit meh. Only 1 emote for the whole battle pass is at level 99. Could be a little better imo. But good for the first attempt, look forward to how it evolves over the coming year.

Oct 29, 2017

Been playing off-and-on since the beginning of D1, and the Armor 2.0 mod system threw me for a loop. The game doesn't explain that mods are unlocked permanently now rather than being consumable items.

I can't even imagine how a brand new player would figure out how to play this game. How quests work, how to unlock activities, how to upgrade... everything is so opaque.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is the notion of battle passes being considered 'work' something new? I've been seeing a lot of people say this lately and I don't really get it.

This is one of the only battle passes I've interacted with and it's fine...provides some extra bonuses for my play time

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing off-and-on since the beginning of D1, and the Armor 2.0 mod system threw me for a loop. The game doesn't explain that mods are unlocked permanently now rather than being consumable items.

I can't even imagine how a brand new player would figure out how to play this game. How quests work, how to unlock activities, how to upgrade... everything is so opaque.

can i buy weapons or armors? or craft them?

i like my stats but i dont like how i look

also

can i change my appareance?

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I suggest tinkering with router settings

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

86yiofz957x21.png

You're mixing Season level with battle pass level. Chapter 2 is the first time that they have combined.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Makes their desire to attract new fans all the more laughable. They're one of the worst at communicating changes to long time players inside of the game where it belongs. I can't imagine how new players must feel. Actually, that's a lie, I know exactly how they feel since I have several friends who started playing this month and then almost immediately quit.

I think it really depends on the player.

I mean I had like 4 buddies all join D2 with New Light on PC and they all had no issue getting introduced to the game and sticking with it. The only thing I helped them with is telling them where to start Red War campaign but other then that, they have been pretty good about doing stuff themselves.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine to 100 in the first two weeks and I loved how they implemented it! It was grindy but not to the point of annoyance. I wish there were more exclusive cosmetics but I'm overall incredibly satisfied!

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, it's pretty nice. Just hit 72 (I think) this morning. Compliments the grind for pinnacle weapons and such nicely.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Cool, thanks, this is what I was looking for.
Not a Fortnite player so this is helpful. I'm surprised they went with this considering they popularized it but most implementations since (that I'm familiar with) have opted for a flat progression.
Gears 5 also has an increase in requirements as one progresses in the battle pass. A rank 2 player (can't remember the name but you know what I mean) would only need to earn 5 stars to rank up whereas a rank 40 would need to earn 12. The numbers may not be exact, but the idea is how it currently works.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
no it absolutely does not. It replaced a far more generous system.

Eververse has always sucked, but you used to get one bright engram every "level" post-cap. You get like what, five for the season now?

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Agreed, it's pretty nice. Just hit 72 (I think) this morning. Compliments the grind for pinnacle weapons and such nicely.
What pinnacle weapons? The old ones? Because the ones they added this time around are absolute junk (and called something different now, but I forget which).

Eververse has always sucked, but you used to get one bright engram every "level" post-cap. You get like what, five for the season now?
Yep, this change was driven to do two things - provide yet another grind, and most importantly to encourage players to spend more real money at Eververse. Thanks Activision! Oh wait.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
There is no way it needs a 30mbps upload to stay connected. Did you typo, is it an exaggeration or are you just complaining with hyperbole?

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017

But now you can earn BD from multiple sources, no matter how small, to be able to buy things more directly.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
It's cool for the most part.

What is not ok is getting to level 82 and getting 16k glimmer...ffs I can get that in what, 15 minutes? When i'm that high level it should give me meaningful stuff, not something dumb like this. Getting 25 legendary shards is also dumb, since this is ridiculous easy to get.

They need to change a few lame rewards.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Was definitely very pleasantly surprised by how easy it was, my only complaint would be it doesn't have anything I actually really want, the hoodless Hunter Cloak would be if I played Hunter a lot. But it only took 3 week of me not even going super out my way to get to 100 (just pick up bounties if you are in a location with them) and it just being part of the DLC you buy i can't say it's a big complaint. But if next season had way more Bright Dust (like 4-5k more) and less 2% EXP boosters or barely any Glimmer I'd be extremely happy. A Sparrow too.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's cool for the most part.

What is not ok is getting to level 82 and getting 16k glimmer...ffs I can get that in what, 15 minutes? When i'm that high level it should give me meaningful stuff, not something dumb like this. Getting 25 legendary shards is also dumb, since this is ridiculous easy to get.

They need to change a few lame rewards.
Not everything at every level is going to be meaningful and it doesn't need to be. At least that 16k glimmer and 25 shards will be put to use. Most battle passes are riddled with literal junk that you'll never use. 90% of the stuff in this battlepass will be used by the player. That might be a goddamn first. Decent armor (that can come in CLUTCH when leveling), good looking ornaments, free exotics, an exclusive exotic ship, an exclusive exotic emote, a seasonal exotic weapon, masterwork materials, Vex Offensive tokens, exclusive shaders, and practical crafting materials. Compare to the frequent lame and never-to-be-used shit on a Fortnite or Apex pass.