• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2017
So... is that a yes to my question? Just so I'm clear on this.

People keep saying this but I don't see it in the breakdown on Bungie's site...
Yeah there's no cross play anywhere. Purely cross save.

Yeah, I looked it up on the bungie FAQ and it doesn't mention seasons at all but I've seen dmg and Cozmo say several times across multiple platforms that premium seasonal content and Expansions will be treated the same.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
If you are already working on it and have some progress then Redrix Broadsword counts and requires no Comp wins (just 25 Comp games played).

Thanks I didn't realize this - I think I'm on the 150 pulse rifle kills portion of this. it seems like a fucking grind but tbh unless I get someone to carry me, I don't see myself making fabled so I'll probably go this route.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got the recluse, Jesus that was exhilarating in both the worst and best of ways. Glad it's finally done with.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I am convinced that some people think that controlling all three points is the objective of the game. Thus constantly flipping the spawn point. I guess that is somewhat better than the folks who treat the game as another clash mode.

You're not far off in assuming. I had a few friends who actually thought that was the objective of Control and didn't realize until I explained that you get more points per kill depending on how many control points you have.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they stick with Destiny 2 for a bit instead of going into Destiny 3. It would suck to lose all of our gear AGAIN and have to work to get up in power again. Ideally I would like for D2 to just be the base game they work on for as long as possible

Yes, if Bungie told me that we are losing everything again for D3, it would kill my motivation to play. Investment needs to have a longterm purpose, otherwise it's all for nothing.

Literally won't happen. Destiny 3 will be out next September. Take that to the bank.

I don't think it will be next year - they are pushing D2 for a bit longer and will really make D3 something special.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, if Bungie told me that we are losing everything again for D3, it would kill my motivation to play. Investment needs to have a longterm purpose, otherwise it's all for nothing.

I don't think it will be next year - they are pushing D2 for a bit longer and will really make D3 something special.

They are already framing Shadowkeep as Rise Of Iron like and talking about the limitations of consoles in continuing to expand the game.. I'm thinking D3 is next year. If it's not expect another smaller expansion and busywork seasons.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm always serially confused about the fear of losing everything and starting all over. Every expansion you essentially go through the same process, having to gear up to take shit on. At least they had a narrative reason for this with D1 to D2. They'll probably do something interesting going from D2 to D3, since we can be a little bit suspicious regarding the nature of the Traveller and why it abandoned so many civilisations before us.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We still need to wrap up Savathun's story.

So I imagine The Taken Queen is happening next September to wrap up D2. With D3 to follow in 2021.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking 2021 is a safe bet for Destiny 3, I just don't see them immediately jumping out of the gate with next gen.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They are already framing Shadowkeep as Rise Of Iron like and talking about the limitations of consoles in continuing to expand the game.. I'm thinking D3 is next year. If it's not expect another smaller expansion and busywork seasons.

Makes a lot of sense to wait for the next generation of consoles, though I wouldn't be surprised if we see an additional stop gap of some kind once D2 has transitioned into its pseudo-F2P service mode.

Will D3 be backwards compatible? Or future consoles only? That one is weird to think about, considering all of the lessons they've learned.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We still need to wrap up Savathun's story.

So I imagine The Taken Queen is happening next September to wrap up D2. With D3 to follow in 2021.

Do you really think they're going to wrap up Savathun the same way they wrapped up Oryx? IMO the whole reason she is an interesting villain is because shes too smart to challenge our Guardian(s) directly, and continues to poke at the major conflicts from the sidelines.

I can imagine a situation where we kill Quria and Mara outmaneuvers her, but Savathun has been built up to be too cunning to ever make herself directly vulnerable.

Even Toland says: "You will never meet the deceiver."

also:

"The curse itself is how the deceiver manifests. She has learned from her brother's death. Clever girl, clever girl..."

"Quria is the key. The Mind simulates Oryx, and thereby masters the power to Take. But of course, Quria is no power unto itself."

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Makes a lot of sense to wait for the next generation of consoles, though I wouldn't be surprised if we see an additional stop gap of some kind once D2 has transitioned into its pseudo-F2P service mode.

Will D3 be backwards compatible? Or future consoles only? That one is weird to think about, considering all of the lessons they've learned.

I'm hoping it's 2021, next gen and PC only. I really hope they don't have to design with old consoles in mind (again)

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
No way indie Bungie is going to release Destiny 3 exclusive for next gen next year. And if they don't then there is no reason too if they have to make it crossplat. I'd expect 2022. D2 will come to next gen

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think a final huge expansion next fall.

What if I told you everything from Y2 will be trashed for Shadowkeep ;)

Well, I am expecting armor to go but at least we get to keep our weapons, exotics, emblems, and all other items.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping it's 2021, next gen and PC only. I really hope they don't have to design with old consoles in mind (again)

So its definitely going to be on consoles too, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of PC-only, but I can imagine designing for the tech of PS5 and Scarlet (instead of current gen) will lead to substantial quality of life improvements for everyone.

If I was a betting man, I think crossplay and previous Destiny content ported to a new engine (especially old raids) are without a doubt the two biggest wins Bungie could land for D3, and what I imagine they're trying to iron out the logistics of – to the point that I can even imagine D3 being a game that opens with us losing to the invading Darkness, and we have to travel back in time with the Exo Stranger as an excuse to revisit D1 (and maybe even pre-D1 events, like Twilight Gap or Six Fronts).

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do you really think they're going to wrap up Savathun the same way they wrapped up Oryx? IMO the whole reason she is an interesting villain is because shes too smart to challenge our Guardian(s) directly, and continues to poke at the major conflicts from the sidelines.

I can imagine a situation where we kill Quria and Mara outmaneuvers her, but Savathun has been built up to be too cunning to ever make herself directly vulnerable.

also:

"The curse itself is how the deceiver manifests. She has learned from her brother's death. Clever girl, clever girl..."

"Quria is the key. The Mind simulates Oryx, and thereby masters the power to Take. But of course, Quria is no power unto itself."
Oh please, Toland is a crazy man who thought it would be a good idea to let a death singer do a private performance for him. I wouldn't take his word on a whole lot.

Oct 29, 2017

also:

Yeah I agree. I really hope any conflict with Savathun and her more direct forces will be a much more drawn out experience. Spanning multiple expansions and updates, even. She is an awesome villain conceptually, so I'd hate for her to show up and we one-and-done take her down.

I'm sure we will see her some day, but it needs to be HUGE.

Dec 2, 2017
I played four games of Reckoning today. The mods were definitely not bad, even got the time trial triumph with randos my first game. Just need that damned cloak.

It did give me Sole Survivor with Snapshot (good) and Slideshot (really?).
I thought slideshot was just on snipers to dilute the rng pool & make actual good rolls look better. Until I saw enough streamers who use snipers successfully while sliding out from cover in sweats to prevent getting insta-domed when they peek. The perk actually has a legit use.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure there's a better summary but D3 has the following plotlines and threads going for it:

- Nu-Uldren
- Cayde's last message to Paladin Oran (It's on Encladeus)
- Mara being Mara
- The curse (Quria)
- Savathun teases on Savathun teases
- Pyramid Schemes and Pyramid Dreams (starring the Drifter)
- The Nine
- Daddy Calus uwu and the Great Beyond (Arkborn)
- Whatever gets introduced with Shadowkeep

Some good stuff hopefully building up

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
So... is that a yes to my question? Just so I'm clear on this.

People keep saying this but I don't see it in the breakdown on Bungie's site... this is something I really would like clarification on.
If you freeze frame on the ViDoc where they announced cross save, you can see that they make a distinction between 'platform entitlements' like Forsaken and Shadowkeep and 'season passes'. The situation might have changed from that graphic though.

Edit:

mb0Gx7E.png

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure there's a better summary but D3 has the following plotlines and threads going for it:

- Nu-Uldren
- Mara being Mara
- The curse (Quria)
- The Nine

So true, there's so much good stuff in here. I feel like Shadowkeep will do a good job of easing us back into the Hive major story beats. Maybe Xivu Arath, since Savathun will probably still have something to do with the Moon happenings but not be the big baddie for a while.

But yeah, so many great story threads in Destiny.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to get past 1300 in solo queue comp. Once I get on a 5 streak, it seems like I matched with the worst teammates and we go up against the sweatiest people in the game.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

- Nu-Uldren
- Mara being Mara
- The curse (Quria)
- The Nine

When is this EP dropping?

Oct 28, 2017
I want to know more about the Deep Stone Crypt that made the Exo who they are. We already know the Awoken's origins, we already know about humans (lol), but not about them. We just know Clovis Bray made them, but why?

LunaticPuma

Oct 27, 2017
5 straight competitive losses (not in one sitting). Love that I'm forced to play PvP for good gear. Bungie really needs to find that Halo magic again for PvP.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Finally joined the Discord server and played with others in a fireteam for the first time since Destiny 2 launched.
IT. WAS. AWESOME. Thanks to everyone on the PC side who helped me complete the Whisper and Zero hour. I have been so timid to play with others and I have nothing but praise to offer to the kind people who I met. I am really looking forward to finally playing all this missed content! So thanks yall for being awesome.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Got most of The Last Word quest done Monday night, just have to do one more Heroic Witch Ritual public event and do some Crucible grinding. Cargo Bay 3 lost sector was a godsend for grinding etched crystals and Hive larvae.

Also glad that the Crucible part is actually pretty easy with getting 25 avenge and blood for blood medals. After 3 matches I already had 12.

Really good video, learned something new. Do recommend for everyone.

Blocked for me at work, but will take a look later today!

Oct 28, 2017
Never understood the fascination with exos tbh.

Their transhumanism thing is well trodden ground.

Eh, I'm just wondering if they'll do something with them with regards to the Vex, darkness, or something else altogether. Nobody has been able to replicate the Exo so far, and even Ghosts struggle to understand them fully. I know the whole Name-Number thing has been explored well enough, but not the Deep Stone Crypt.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
That is a pretty good video. I will have to evaluate what guns I put a CB on. He didn't seem to address Fusion Rifles though and why people put CB on it. He only focused on Pulses

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That is a pretty good video. I will have to evaluate what guns I put a CB on. He didn't seem to address Fusion Rifles though and why people put CB on it. He only focused on Pulses
Me too. People in discord were talking about that graph a couple of days ago, but it didn't sink in until now. End in 5 or get to 100 seems to be the play.

So does Whisper suck now?
No, it will still 1-phase every boss and encounter it 1-phased before. But people have moved on because it's not been necessary for that kind of thing for a long time anyway.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is 0 reason these armor shouldn't be on a smart loot system.

You know what's funny? When I completed the Weekly for Reckoning, it gave me a +1 Collector chest piece at 749. But my Notorious pieces dropped at 730 or so.

Considering that EP and the Forges both had Smart Loot it's baffling that SoD wents backwards in this regard. Both BA and SoO have ways of getting what you want. In SoD, you can only guarantee a helmet.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
One Two Punch + Liar's Handshake seems to be in the rage now. If only I can get the damn Liar's handshake to drop.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Well hey, at least you don't have the "forever hobo" look that most Hunters have to deal with.
Nah, Hunters have some exceptional options. Some of the Tangled shore stuff was bummy sure, but that new Raid armor? The old Levithian armor? Eververse stuff? Even the exotic armor pieces all usually look really good. The problem is a lot of them can't be worn in full (or close to full) sets because random rolls make it hard to do. Ornaments next season will change that and I expect most hunters to be hella stylish going forward.

Titans, on the other hand...I think I've only liked a few sets for them in the entire lifespan of D2: (1) The trials set with full ornaments, (2) the FWC faction set, and (3) Iron Trague Iron Banner set, and (4) the Lustrious Chromite Eververse set (because it was different).

Warlocks, of course, live highest on the hog.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
I'm finally gonna attempt to clear the Shattered Throne solo without dying today. The only thing I'm really worried about is the bosses

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Nah, Hunters have some exceptional options. Some of the Tangled shore stuff was bummy sure, but that new Raid armor? The old Levithian armor? Eververse stuff? Even the exotic armor pieces all usually look really good. The problem is a lot of them can't be worn in full (or close to full) sets because random rolls make it hard to do. Ornaments next season will change that and I expect most hunters to be hella stylish going forward.
Yeah the "most" is the important part in my comment. =) Basic armor sets for the non-raiding Hunter are... lacking. Some great options at the high end, but generally Titans / Warlocks look better in the scrub gear, especially with shaders. Most (not all) shaders on Hunters put them into jester territory of clashing colors as well.

And almost none of the exotics match to a set (arms especially) in a good way... maybe Galanor is the exception.

I agree it should get a lot better once you can just have the look you want and then tweak the armor behind it - for all classes!

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Can confirm Liar's Handshake is mad fun to use, but it's only rising in popularity now since you need it + One-Two Punch to solo riven.

Status
Not open for further replies.