• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Rolled my first couple of Austringer's last night in Menagerie and kept the best one of the three. Hammer forged, Drop Mag, Snapshot, Zen Moment, Range MW of course. It doubles down on everything the Austringer does well anyway but my word is it a hand-held laser. Since Zen Moment gains more benefit from a high base stability and Austringer starts at 63 stability by the 2nd shot it is uncannily locked in. Snapshot is probably not a huge benefit on Austringer since it has decent handling but on something that's primarily a PVP weapon anyway it certainly isn't wasted and just reinforces how good the whole gun feels to use. This roll isn't the range king or the damage king but it is incredibly consistent and reliable.

Nov 14, 2017
Do you NEED them? Or does it just make it a bit faster?

If it were NEED, I would understand.

And even if you do NEED need them, there are 6 slots on a team...

Sure, if we're talking most optimal they might not be the most optimal, but they can be used effectively... enough that their choice is not removed entirely.

This conversation started because the idea was presented that Titans need a buff to even be considered. I don't think that's even close to being true, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
While you can do everything without a Warlock, it's lots harder and the encounters are clearly balanced around them. Having said that I was doing Riven legit without a warlock by week 3, but most teams will never do that.

The optimal loadout for most teams is 2 wells, a tether, and three celestial golden guns. You don't need to play with that setup, but that's pretty much the most damage you can do as a team while still having good well uptime and orb generation.

Also I rock bubble titan all the time cos fuck being melting bot.
The EP set is not an Eververse set. To my knowledge, only Eververse sets will act as ornaments. Unless I'm misunderstanding, you will still not be able to rock that set unless you're willing to compromise on Year 2 mods.

Some weapons have a far more generous hit box than others. Izanagi is very generous.
It looks like we might be able to reacquire old sets somehow with the new Y3 sockets. It'd make sense, as having to go back and do EP and other Y1 activities for the armour would mean lots of old players helping the New Light players.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
The new Eververse store system is absolutely terrible. You can't get anything new, and if you've been playing since the start, the engrams we get from playing are useless. I ain't buying silver for that new shit. Fuck that.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Snipes were on point yesterday.

ewrwerwerwe.gif

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they actually talked about how shit the Eververse store is for people who don't want to buy silver? I got a ton of bright dust because there ain't any cool to buy. All the cool stuff costs silver.
They might be giving more bright dust in the future but they're making it less valuable at the same time.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Have they actually talked about how shit the Eververse store is for people who don't want to buy silver? I got a ton of bright dust because there ain't any cool to buy. All the cool stuff costs silver.
They might be giving more bright dust in the future but they're making it less valuable at the same time.
I have like 30k of Bright Dust and nothing to buy on a regular basis

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Do the ever do double or triple Glory XP weekends? I have the wins done, but need to get Fabled and not really set up for competitive yet, I'm still using year 1 guns in IB as I have no year 2 equivalent yet. So I'll just wait if so and build up my weapons.

Glory never gets a limited time multiplier like Valor/Infamy.

Is it fine for me to go in to my vault and scrap every piece of Eververse armor that I've stored now? Apart from this season's one of course cos it looks fucking swag and must be worn.

Remember that after Shadowkeep, all your Eververse stuff will dismantle into legendary shards. Now if you're always low on shards like me, you might want to hold on to some of that stuff. People always assume that you're sitting on a pile of shards, so they tell you to dismantle everything.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

that stuff is supposed to rotate every week from my understanding. eventually most of it will be available in the rotating bright dust section.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Never played any other class in destiny other than hunter. Tried out my friends warlock yest in PVP... whelp time to level my own. Void warlock is so fun

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The EP set is not an Eververse set. To my knowledge, only Eververse sets will act as ornaments. Unless I'm misunderstanding, you will still not be able to rock that set unless you're willing to compromise on Year 2 mods.

Some weapons have a far more generous hit box than others. Izanagi is very generous.
The image of the new ornaments showed non eververse helmets to choose from...

Ot am I just not remembering how many EV sets there were?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I've only been back into the game for less than a couple of weeks and was wondering how hard the raids are? I've beaten leviathan back then but have no clue about the newer ones.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Solo-queue IB continues to go well. Loving it despite the quest line. That Dreaming City map is so good, so good. Soon as one point is cleared out and a teammate is on it, off to ruin the day for the next one. Constant movement.

8a91867a-c024-4b3f-am9ji7.jpeg

Edit: and the next, so goood.

355f4624-5b20-44e7-9i5ke7.jpeg

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Outbreak Perfected. What a cool mission! Think it might be my favourite quest so far. If somebody needs help, hit me up!
Zero Hour is super fun, and Outbreak Perfected is an amazing gun. It was such a huge shame it released in D1 toward the tail end of the game's life. being able to use it now with all this content is great.

I'm assuming you're on console? Could use a hand running my friend though it later on PC...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I mentioned this in discord, but I'm going to mention it here too:

Tarrabah is so poorly thought out. Your progress towards its dps mode goes away not only by stowing the weapon, but also by simply pulling up your ghost for any reason. Want to see if your PvP team still has a full 6 players? Want to check where the next public event is? Need to use your Ghost to check a mission marker (say, calling the ghost to open up the doors in the Arms Dealer strike or for the opening part of the Inverted Spire strike to spawn the bridge)? Kiss that progress goodbye. It takes quite a few kills in PvE to get to a point where you can activate the high DPS mode, so it's like you don't even want to do things you'd normally do in the game.

I just don't understand what they were thinking here.

WuV6C7.jpg

astro tears...

I remembered wrong.
rip the dream.

Mehr

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PvP is pretty much at the state that they left D1 in, a miserable experience. The only saving grace is low level comp

Just as well they're going to focus on it in "Season 8" so it will still be shit when shadowkeep releases

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PvP is pretty much at the state that they left D1 in, a miserable experience. The only saving grace is low level comp

Just as well they're going to focus on it in "Season 8" so it will still be shit when shadowkeep releases
Really? I'm having a blast with it even if I'm rusty. I really don't agree

Oct 28, 2017
I think people are mad because PVP is imba as fuck right now. You've got lots of insane silly weapons all over the joint while some are peashooters.

Reminds me of Third Strike. Chun Li and Yun ripping you a new one, but when you win with Alex, Necro or Twelve...no better feeling.

Jun 4, 2019
The PvP in this game is unenjoyable for those without skill (of any sort, be it reflexes, response time, map awareness, movement, position awareness, etc.), because on top of playing against those who are objectively better than you in soft skills, those same skilled players have access to incredibly powerful weapons that can only be obtained either through success or time in PvP.

A great comparison would be id's reflection on DOOM 2016's multiplayer. Long story short, the devs hated it, because if a good player matched a bad player, the good player always won, and the bad player felt like there was nothing she could do other than take the L. Eternal's Battlemode solves this issue by making multiplayer asymmetric and giving more room for "bullshit" and chaotic randomness to decide each match. Mayhem and Gambit are analogous to Battlemode in that way.

Long story short, bad players have and will always hate Crucible because it's designed to favor those with skill, time, and (especially) both.

If you want to make PvP in Destiny more enjoyable, you need to commit to building soft skills (mentioned above). It'll take a long time, and you can decide if being good at an ultimately meaningless game is worth your time. After that, you can put time into getting the high tier PvP weapons, and then combine the two (soft skills and hard weaponry) to stomp on your opposition. Or you could be an idiot and just pay for the high tier weapons like the 2 recov knobs that roam this thread.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019

Yeah. It's just not fun at all, especially solo. I always seem to somehow get stuck with people that aren't aware they're playing a video game. Like I had a match the other day where I had 35 kills with a 2.75 efficiency...still lost. Don't even get me started on Iron Banner. PvP in Destiny so far makes me wonder if Halo was a fluke.

Digital-Kill3r-7 said:
The PvP in this game is unenjoyable for those without skill (of any sort, be it reflexes, response time, map awareness, movement, position awareness, etc.), because on top of playing against those who are objectively better than you in soft skills, those same skilled players have access to incredibly powerful weapons that can only be obtained either through success or time in PvP.

A great comparison would be id's reflection on DOOM 2016's multiplayer. Long story short, the devs hated it, because if a good player matched a bad player, the good player always won, and the bad player felt like there was nothing she could do other than take the L. Eternal's Battlemode solves this issue by making multiplayer asymmetric and giving more room for "bullshit" and chaotic randomness to decide each match. Mayhem and Gambit are analogous to Battlemode in that way.

Long story short, bad players have and will always hate Crucible because it's designed to favor those with skill, time, and (especially) both.

What? No. This game doesn't really take much skill, if I can get 30+ kills and I'm far from sweaty then anybody can. This isn't CSGO nor Halo 2. A lot of it is based on matchmaking and connection. I've had games where I would put up crazy numbers and then the next game it starts lagging like crazy and people become unkillable. (On console BTW)

Last edited:

MrWhite

Nov 28, 2017
Netherlands
Zero Hour is super fun, and Outbreak Perfected is an amazing gun. It was such a huge shame it released in D1 toward the tail end of the game's life. being able to use it now with all this content is great.

I'm assuming you're on console? Could use a hand running my friend though it later on PC...

Yeah definitely an amazing weapon. I play on Xbox, but have fun helping your friend!

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Iron Banner armour set, I cheated for the last step but given how long the grenade/sniper/sword kills took me I can't say I feel bad about it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
For someone who only plays like an hour or two each time I get a chance, I cant stand all the busy work and just how long some of these "quests" take. Doing the bounties for this season has gotten better compared to the Forge, but still! I finish a bounty finally, then I have to go to another location and find a treasure chest.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's just not fun at all, especially solo. I always seem to somehow get stuck with people that aren't aware they're playing a video game. Like I had a match the other day where I had 35 kills with a 2.75 efficiency...still lost. Don't even get me started on Iron Banner. PvP in Destiny so far makes me wonder if Halo was a fluke.

What? No. This game doesn't really take much skill, if I can get 30+ kills and I'm far from sweaty then anybody can. This isn't CSGO nor Halo 2. A lot of it is based on matchmaking and connection. I've had games where I would put up crazy numbers and then the next game it starts lagging like crazy and people become unkillable. (On console BTW)
I almost prefer solo. Teams is fun but so is solo, I really don't get anyone saying it's bad, you may not like it but it's not bad.

Mehr

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User warned: unnecessary hostility and insults

If you want to make PvP in Destiny more enjoyable, you need to commit to building soft skills (mentioned above). It'll take a long time, and you can decide if being good at an ultimately meaningless game is worth your time. After that, you can put time into getting the high tier PvP weapons, and then combine the two (soft skills and hard weaponry) to stomp on your opposition. Or you could be an idiot and just pay for the high tier weapons like the 2 recov knobs that roam this thread.

Lmao, you're a fucking idiot

My comp KD is probably way higher than most and it's 95% solo play

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

Great post and exactly right. I'm far from great but I'm better than I used to be that fact alone has made the experience more enjoyable.

What? No. This game doesn't really take much skill, if I can get 30+ kills and I'm far from sweaty then anybody can.
You have some skill or you wouldn't be getting 30+ kills. I can show you some folks IRL who are very casual gamers that if they stepped into Destiny 2 PVP they would be absolutely destroyed. My cousin, for example, likes the game but he won't touch PVP because he finds it extremely intimidating and gets easily flustered. Anyone who can keep a calm head and think quickly and clearly in a competitive situation has a leg up and you are clearly in that category.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Great post and exactly right. I'm far from great but I'm better than I used to be that fact alone has made the experience more enjoyable.

You have some skill or you wouldn't be getting 30+ kills. I can show you some folks IRL who are very casual gamers that if they stepped into Destiny 2 PVP they would be absolutely destroyed. My cousin, for example, likes the game but he won't touch PVP because he finds it extremely intimidating and gets easily flustered. Anyone who can keep a calm head and think quickly and clearly in a competitive situation has a leg up and you are clearly in that category.

While I appreciate the compliment, I just feel like the game isn't difficult at all to play. PvP can be intimidating in any game and naturally you'll get stomped a lot in the beginning but the skill ceiling for this game isn't that high in my opinion. On top of that, I like playing alone and not much is done to accommodate the solo player, and most of the responses to gripes solo players have are basically "lol this game isn't meant to be played alone" or "go play Rumble". If they had comp Rumble, trials Rumble, or IB Rumble I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Jun 4, 2019
Lmao, you're a fucking idiot

My comp KD is probably way higher than most and it's 95% solo play
So is mine, all through solo play. That is not at all contradictory to my post. Sorry you have a hard time reading?

Also, for fun, post your tag so we can all laugh at what you consider a "way higher" KD (feel free to check my stats, name's the same).

Edit: Silence, as expected. Didn't even realize this was the same whiner that instigated my post lol

Last edited:

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who stopped playing Destiny after Y1, I'm reading nice things about this game nowadays. Is it worth it to buy some edition and get in the game right now or should I wait for the Steam release?

Oct 28, 2017
90% of Destiny 2 PVP skill comes from occasionally checking your radar and realising someone is round the corner.

As someone who stopped playing Destiny after Y1, I'm reading nice things about this game nowadays. Is it worth it to buy some edition and get in the game right now or should I wait for the Steam release?

There's a shitload of content to last you until September, so it isn't a bad decision to get Forsaken and the Annual Pass if you enjoy Destiny as a game.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I think PVP is fun depending on your session, but no way is it like D1Y3, not by a got dang long shot

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Want to do flawless Crown, but that stupid bug where the vessel breaks in the last encounter is putting me off. Fix it Bungie. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a rare occurrence, but it happens more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.