• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Question, this might be a dumb one, but how do I access the 690 boost quest? I found the robot, Benedict I believe?, but there's no prompt to talk to him.

e: solved

Last edited:

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man... having the momentum sucked straight out of you when you reach the end of the Thorn quest and you have to a high level non-matchmaking strike... it's so frustrating. Same goes to the Malfeasance quest too. I can kinda see the reasoning of why they wouldn't want to matchmake Raids, but can we please have it on strikes? It's such a turn off.

I'm hoping Bungie's double-downing on social aspects of Destiny means like a built in LFG system. I want to be able to ping the server that I'm doing a certain quest and those who want to help out can just jump in. I love what The Division 2 did in this regard.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Sony too with PS+ but if you wanna play Shadowkeep on PS4 and PC you have to buy it twice...
Man... having the momentum sucked straight out of you when you reach the end of the Thorn quest and you have to a high level non-matchmaking strike... it's so frustrating. Same goes to the Malfeasance quest too. I can kinda see the reasoning of why they wouldn't want to matchmake Raids, but can we please have it on strikes? It's such a turn off.

I'm hoping Bungie's double-downing on social aspects of Destiny means like a built in LFG system. I want to be able to ping the server that I'm doing a certain quest and those who want to help out can just jump in. I love what The Division 2 did in this regard.
There is lfg built into the app for PS4. Xbox has lfg built into th system itself. And PC has discord.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I decided to go back in Destiny 2 after the news and getting the Forsaken Annual pass on Battle net. But every time I try to buy the pass it gives me
"sorry you're not eligible to purchase destiny 2 forsaken annual pass"

I got this game through the monthly bundle and bought the Expansion pass in the Humble Bundle. And there's no other way to purchase the other to expansion pass in the Battle net store other than buying the Complete Collection

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've managed to get every roll of Bygones except the one I want

That's more impressive than 100 tries for 1k I think.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to go back in Destiny 2 after the news and getting the Forsaken Annual pass on Battle net. But every time I try to buy the pass it gives me
"sorry you're not eligible to purchase destiny 2 forsaken annual pass"

I got this game through the monthly bundle and bought the Expansion pass in the Humble Bundle. And there's no other way to purchase the other to expansion pass in the Battle net store other than buying the Complete Collection

I'm confused, are you just trying to buy the Annual Pass? If so you can buy it here.

Unless you're saying you somehow already have the Annual Pass from Humble Bundle are now trying to just buy Forsaken. I'm not sure if you can just buy Forsaken and maybe Battle.net bugs out when you try to buy it when you already have the Annual Pass.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Has this baby drop for me last night in Menagerie.

E6-D55881-192-F-4-F66-A818-816-A37121-C4-D.jpg

Can't wait to try it out in crucible later.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I'm confused, are you just trying to buy the Annual Pass? If so you can buy it here.

Unless you're saying you somehow already have the Annual Pass from Humble Bundle are now trying to just buy Forsaken. I'm not sure if you can just buy Forsaken and maybe Battle.net bugs out when you try to buy it when you already have the Annual Pass.

The expansion I bought are Curse of Osiris and Warmind. I don't have Forsaken and say I'm not eligible to purchase it with the link you gave me. And I get an 404 error when trying to buy it in game.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys, what are the must have weapons in the annual pass? I feel overwhelmed with how much stuff there is and I'm not sure what is worth chasing after.

I heard recluse and mountaintop are definitely worth it, but they are locked behind PvP :(

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Someone mentioned there was a quest line to instantly bump up to 690 light from a robot character in the tower, but I do not see anyone like that with a quest. Anyone know what its called or if there is a level requirement before it appears?

I just finished Osiris content and moved on to Warmind, but would like to know which quest it is so that I can get to end game faster.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The expansion I bought are Curse of Osiris and Warmind. I don't have Forsaken and say I'm not eligible to purchase it with the link you gave me. And I get an 404 error when trying to buy it in game.

Oh sorry I have no idea then.

Hey guys, what are the must have weapons in the annual pass? I feel overwhelmed with how much stuff there is and I'm not sure what is worth chasing after.

I heard recluse and mountaintop are definitely worth it, but they are locked behind PvP :(

I wouldnt go too hard about chasing weapons right now, wait a bit to see how the new ones from this season shake out compared the previous season.You're better off just playing, learning what to look out for naturally and what works for you. Destiny 2 isn't so hard that you need complete optimal gear for 99% of the content.

Generally perks you want on weapons are things that boost damage (Rampage, Kill Clip, Swashbuckler) and reload (Outlaw, Rapid Hit, Feeding Frenzy). If you get both, maybe save it in your vault and come back to it later to see if it's worthwhile.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Someone mentioned there was a quest line to instantly bump up to 690 light from a robot character in the tower, but I do not see anyone like that with a quest. Anyone know what its called or if there is a level requirement before it appears?

I just finished Osiris content and moved on to Warmind, but would like to know which quest it is so that I can get to end game faster.
Do you own the forsaken annual pass? You need that.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
New player here: is there anything in the game that's locked behind a pay wall or is everything earnable in game?

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get the guest for the last Forge to start up? Do I just need to kill random Vex until it drops?

Oct 28, 2017
Question regarding the 690 boost invitation quest. I completed it on my Titan who was already 700 but my Titan and Warlock were obviously behind. I logged into my hunter the other night, finally hit lv50 and finished his respective warming and osiris campaigns. Unless I accidently deleted the 690 gear, was I supposed to receive them? I haven't finished Forsaken yet with my hunter though which I've read might be gatekeeping my gear?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I heard that Whisper got nerfed? What other exotics are seen as the go-to for clearing raids and the like?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Division 2 let me down and I hear this is in a FAR better place since I played at launch so I'm thinking about jumping back in. Is the pc community pretty healthy or is console a lot more populated?

I really love that smooth mouse aiming and performance but want to be able to que up and not take forever waiting

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Tarrabah is a poor man's Recluse. In shark's case, that's literal.
yea. very disappointing.

The weapons should have 100% been a kinetic weapon. At least then it wouldn't compete directly with Recluse. But it does, and Recluse is a superior option in all relevant content with the exception of maybe just this raid. And even then, not really, as once you use it you have to charge it back up again. Recluse is easier to activate, easier to maintain, and probably does the same if not more damage overall.

Big swing and a miss here. If not for the Seal requirement, I wouldn't bother at all. Hopefully they move it to the Kinetic slot. They've moved weapons around like that before. Pretty much has to be done here too unless they plan on nerfing Recluse soon.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
How solo-able is the Outbreak Perfected quest with a 690 character? I'm just getting back into the game after a couple month layoff and I just got the 690 gear from the first quest of SoO.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's doable, but you need to be pretty to the point and know what you're doing, also with the whisper nerf it might be more difficult at the end

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Dare I ask, in case it's a silly question.
Are you level 50? I remember the Gambit power surge bounties required you to be level 50 before you could collect them.

I am not level 50. Only coming from Vanilla D2 so I started at lvl 20. For some reason I thought this quest line was for everyone that was an immediate boost. Is that not the case?

If not, I just need to grind up to 50?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I am not level 50. Only coming from Vanilla D2 so I started at lvl 20. For some reason I thought this quest line was for everyone that was an immediate boost. Is that not the case?

doing the Forsaken campaign should get you near 50. There also should have been a level boost option on the character menu to get you to 30 I believe. Right now it's a bit clunky unfortunately.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah. Sounds like they are fixing this with the next release. Forsaken campaign is really fun if it is any consolation.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I thought it might be a bit too much to chew, especially since I don't have any of the meta PvE weapons. I'll jump into the D2 Discord channel later today and try to get some people to help. I haven't even got to the mission yet, still need to collect the nodes.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I thought it might be a bit too much to chew, especially since I don't have any of the meta PvE weapons. I'll jump into the D2 Discord channel later today and try to get some people to help. I haven't even got to the mission yet, still need to collect the nodes.

If you are on Xbox I need to do this some also

Status
Not open for further replies.