• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I had some good luck this morning. One Eyed Mask (which I needed), a high level duplicate exotic chest (I forgot the name) and the new Titan exotic gauntlets. The perk lets you hold a defensive sword without it losing ammo. Very useful

Also, this happened:

"Get down from there, Tank. You're a tank and tanks go on the ground!"
ybaOyLK.jpg

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It's not just grinding gambit that sucks. To level up, we have to grind all the old engrams that we did already in Forsaken and then again in Black Armory, and what makes it worse is those loot tables never changed. It's the same old shit and there's still no real reason to level up 50 more light levels other than Bungie thinks gamers wanted more busy work.

Destiny 2 is an digital hamster wheel, i don´t even see what the point is, you level to 650 with all the old boring stuff and one content drop later you get boost quests to 640...now you level to 700 and next content drop you get boosts to 740. i´ve never seen a game so quickly outdating its own level boundaries, the players are catching up every time and no one knows why exactly.

it is all so meaningless, this whole levelling up stuff in content drops just screams busywork by now. i am on hiatus from the game, maybe i will return in the last content drop, maybe not...at this point i think i´ve had my fill with the game, i definitely shouldn´t have bought the annual pass in the 4 weeks of Forsaken release hype, that is for sure.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of tanks, they need to be more mobile, currently they just kind of stand there waiting to be shot.

Have them move around and do things

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Destiny 2 is an digital hamster wheel, i don´t even see what the point is, you level to 650 with all the old boring stuff and one content drop later you get boost quests to 640...now you level to 700 and next content drop you get boosts to 740. i´ve never seen a game so quickly outdating its own level boundaries, the players are catching up every time and no one knows why exactly.

it is all so meaningless, this whole levelling up stuff in content drops just screams busywork by now. i am on hiatus from the game, maybe i will return in the last content drop, maybe not...at this point i think i´ve had my fill with the game, i definitely shouldn´t have bought the annual pass in the 4 weeks of Forsaken release hype, that is for sure.
It's a live service game that's geared towards hobbyists... 😐

I mean your first paragraph pretty much describes every game ever made.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Use the crimson hand cannon. Much easier to get those headshots.
Yeah i am, I'm just really bad at destiny PvP. Literally every other shooter I'm atleast ok at, this is my Kryptonite. I got 5 in like 3 matches, but I think I was dumb to try in comp and mayhem for different reasons.

My last word quest went from 47% to 13% lol.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i am, I'm just really bad at destiny PvP. Literally every other shooter I'm atleast ok at, this is my Kryptonite. I got 5 in like 3 matches, but I think I was dumb to try in comp and mayhem for different reasons.

Try changing up your sensitivity.

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017

Exactly how i feel.
I am trying new experiences now (and there are many atm). Maybe will drop by destiny in dlc 3 depending what their plan is with a Sept dlc

Edit: the main armor in dlc2 seems useless to me if you dont play gambit as the perks only work in gambit prime. So i dont see the point of grinding it for something you wont play anymore in 1-2 months max.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Yeah don't play in comp if you don't have to. It is a crappy experience for all but really skilled people.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
ah so you can basically get a full set with only one perk this week? and then next week they will start dropping pieces that offer +2 perks? is that how it works? I probably should watch a video but if anyone has a quick writeup explaining that would be awesome.

Oct 29, 2017
whats this I hear about only being able to obtain one piece of an armor set a week?

I got a chest, legs, and mark in less than an hour of play. So you can get as many armor pieces as you have synths.

Speaking of, I like the synth system. It rewards you for doing the things you already like doing. I'm going for Sentry, for example. And doing the things a sentry would do (even though I don't have a full set yet) grants me Sentry Synth. That's a good design choice right there.

Gambit Prime is fun, I'll have to let myself just grind it for hours. Reckoning is cool, I'm glad you can just sit in it for as long as you have synths to transmute. It's really nice not being kicked to a fireteam loading screen or orbit after each run of it.

I REALLY want the Vanguard Handcannon that Zavala is selling this season. 180s are HOT.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize how expensive the pass in Quebec is ($47 + tax).. Is the black armory still payable? Not sure the amount of content is with the price, my character is currently 587

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Nearly wiped my team last night in last wish during vault segment because of machine gun nerf--it was simply tickling the knight. Crazy nerf.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

Your level matters much less than the weapons you have and because of this playing is not invalidated by light level increases.

Sure a person who hasn't played in forever can match my light level quickly but they don't have any of the cool weapons or gear with good perks/catalysts that a consistent player has.

Your description more applies to WoW where literally every 3-4 months all your gear is trash compared to the new stuff and lfr gives better loot than the previous heroics

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Will go get. Probably sooner than later, as I don't know if I'm going to be able to bring myself to play Gambit Prime constantly for an entire season. It's cool but it's just not my thing. Not like that. And not with the shallow weapon pool and rarity of the new drops.

On a long win streak, getting to 2100 is about 40-50 wins bro. I would expect Cammy to go something like 48-2 over 50 matches in the < 4000 rank range.

When you consider it can chain kills, it's pretty cool. It's a perfect compliment to a breach grenade launcher or a sniper rifle. even a shotgun if you really want to play balls to the wall. To me, that's music to my ears. TLW + sniper rifle is the most fun I've had in PvP in Destiny 2. The more options to retain that kind of feeling, the merrier.

After seeing it in action more in the Cammy vid, the damage falloff looks bad, the perk only lasting 5 seconds isn't long enough, and the recoil on console is probably terrible.

Hard pass.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Your level matters much less than the weapons you have and because of this playing is not invalidated by light level increases.

Sure a person who hasn't played in forever can match my light level quickly but they don't have any of the cool weapons or gear with good perks/catalysts that a consistent player has.

Your description more applies to WoW where literally every 3-4 months all your gear is trash compared to the new stuff and lfr gives better loot than the previous heroics

The lightlevel is also important in Destiny, in Black Armory you had to level up to tackle the content, same with the last mini raid/raid lair...and exactly 3 months later there is a new level cap in place, it is not so far away from MMORPGs. the point is, Destiny sells a LL increase as one of the main attractions in the content drops which is just wrong and everytime you have to level up by playing the old stuff again. also, iron banner depends on LL increases, you will get stomped if you don´t level up with the rest of the pack.

it is creatively not well done to say at least and just provides busy work for people who like/are addicted to seeing numbers going up, it is a normal reflex in many people to catch up to the biggest number possible. it is dumb content, many people will climb to 700 and drop off the game again, i´ve seen this last time where many from my friendlist stopped with reaching 650. for those folks they beat the content when they reach the new max level and this is reinforced by the game giving higher and higher level caps in short time frames. there are so many people playing excessively for 7-14days till they reach the new cap and then they are nowhere to be seen.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
One day people won't burn the boss when I'm clearly trying to trigger the heroic cryo pod, all those arc charges are just decoration.

Edit ha, soon as I posted this it worked

Last edited:

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the first Destiny DLC I didn't play on day one. Gambit IMO is already sweaty when playing solo so I figured Prime was going to be even worse. Did anyone play Prime solo and if so how was it? Guess I'll log on tonight and check it out for myself.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm constantly out gunned by pulse rifles, I can't do shit with hand cannons.

Trust is the best handcannon I can recommend for people that need to score HC kills and suck at them

You do need something to help with the reload though since its base 9 round mag gets chewed up fast

180s are nice since they are very stable when being fast fired.

If you cant get a good trust I think the Curse of Osiris 180 is also very good and shouldnt take to long to get

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The lightlevel is also important in Destiny, in Black Armory you had to level up to tackle the content, same with the last mini raid/raid lair...and exactly 3 months later there is a new level cap in place, it is not so far away from MMORPGs. the point is, Destiny sells a LL increase as one of the main attractions in the content drops which is just wrong and everytime you have to level up by playing the old stuff again. also, iron banner depends on LL increases, you will get stomped if you don´t level up with the rest of the pack.

it is creatively not well done to say at least and just provides busy work for people who like/are addicted to seeing numbers going up, it is a normal reflex in many people to catch up to the biggest number possible. it is dumb content, many people will climb to 700 and drop off the game again, i´ve seen this last time where many from my friendlist stopped with reaching 650. for those folks they beat the content when they reach the new max level and this is reinforced by the game giving higher and higher level caps in short time frames. there are so many people playing excessively for 7-14days till they reach the new cap and then they are nowhere to be seen.

Again you are missing the point. It's whats on the gear or what the weapons specifically do that matter. The light level on the gear matters of course but any cool item you get at light level 220 can be boosted to 640 rather easily with a shit weapon so again the light level is important but not the focus of the grind. The grind is to get gear and legendaries with good rolls and Exotics that do cool shit. You are missing the mark with your particular criticism.

You are right in that light level does matter in regards to accessing some content that requires a certain level but that is why they give the boost. What matters is that all the grinding consistent players did prior to the content drop is not invalidated and because of what I have already outlined, it is not.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Hello, friendly reminder:

One Thousand Voices is bugged and just holding it increases *ALL* your damage by 25% in PVE.

If you have the gun, keep it equipped.

You're welcome!

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the first Destiny DLC I didn't play on day one. Gambit IMO is already sweaty when playing solo so I figured Prime was going to be even worse. Did anyone play Prime solo and if so how was it? Guess I'll log on tonight and check it out for myself.
As long as you're a halfway decent invader, solo queue isn't bad unless you run into a 4 stack.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
62Fjgpb.png

+25% damage and now you can have 24 rounds in reserve.

You do the math.

I need to give my Lion another run. I even have the catalyst finished.

I'm not defending the quality of the content in Curse of Osiris, but when you compare it to Black Armory or Joker's Wild, Curse is the clear winner as far as what it offered. Curse was bad, but what's being offered in this season pass is worse.

To me fun factor is worth more than sheer content for the sake of content. CoO was light on the fun factor and thus far the Season Pass is not. I genuinely like the forge experience and the weapons I've gotten from it far exceed any of the Lost Prophecy guns save maybe Perfect Paradox which is still somewhat special. I had more fun with Gambit Prime and Reckoning last night than I did in pretty much all of the CoO content. You are free to have your own opinion but Season pass >>>>>> CoO by a long shot in terms of value for my money based on the sheer amount of fun it has provided.

I'm in the minority where once again this is just a "meh" content drop once again. I need a guide for recokening cause all I'm getting are blues and its making me not what to play it.

Are you inserting a completed synth into the bank thing at the start of the Reckoning round before the portal opens? If you put a synth in, just like banking motes in gambit, you should get a legendary piece of armor based on that synth at the end (Reaper synth -> piece of armor with Reaper perks).

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Unnecessary hostility
I enjoy PVP a lot (the only reason I have fun with gambit). Stop complaining and actually work on becoming a better player.

All you do is cry lately.

Unfortunately, it's the exception.
If I was going to work on getting super skilled at a competitive fps it sure as fuck wouldn't be this piece of shit.
Alternatively; go fuck yourself~

Oct 27, 2017
Played solo on both PC and Xbox and had about a 50% win rate. It's the same as it was before though in most (not all as I've steam-rolled full teams with a team of randoms as well) matches against coordinated groups you'll probably be on the losing end and that should increase as players gear up for the mode.

Pretty sure I read that they break up players and matchmake you against different teams/players after each match though so you won't be playing with or against the same players over and over.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last night I nearly got 30 kills as an invader in one game. Sniper and Not Forgotten work so well on our current Gambit Prime map.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This bad boy dropped after I shoulder charged a taken Wizard during my Gambit Prime match. Gonna try it out in Crucible later
53297077_3076951475663851_7542668578500116480_o.jpg

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This bad boy dropped after I shoulder charged a taken Wizard during my Gambit Prime match. Gonna try it out in Crucible later
53297077_3076951475663851_7542668578500116480_o.jpg

I feel like Multi Kill clip will work better in PVE

Like you can maybe get 1-2 kills before having to reload but maybe the single kill bonus is enough to make this thing a menace

How long does multikill clip last?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
ok, Gambit prime is garbage. In the end, whoever team has the better PvP'er or the most heavy to kill other players is the winner,if thats the case I might as well spent my time in crucible instead. I played 3 matches and lost all 3 because nobody has a healing warlock with lunafaction boots. As usual, Linear Fusion rifles are still cancer in gambit prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.