• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 15, 2020
Funny story about me completely misunderstanding MS with the Xbox...

I just sold my Series X because I wasn't using it much other than to play Fallout 76 and I have a One X that will play it almost just as well. The only game I was looking forward to was The Medium and I thought, oh I can just play that on my One X. I thought there weren't going to be any Series S/X exclusives for 2 years! Oops.

I do have a PC and I'll try it on that, but I guess I missed some MS communication somewhere. Now I need to see what other games will be Series S/X exclusives.
That was only for first-party games. And even them, it was more of a soft guideline than a hard rule, they said "1 or 2 years, we think".

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I was kicking myself for not getting desperados III on the epic sale thingy

The heavens provide!

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I hope The Medium is good. Ive always been too chickenshit to play true horror games but since this one has the novelty of being the first XSX/XSS exclusive game maybe ill give it a shot.

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
For someone with zero exposure to the Yakuza games, where would be a good place to start?

Story wise 0 is a prequel to the first game but in terms of gameplay i think it would be better to play 1 before 0 since it's kinda a simple remaster. If you play 0 first and then the 1, first game's gameplay will be kinda bland after 0.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
with regards to this comment

I haven't been following the series very carefully. Will they be spinning up with a new agent for Hitman 4? Any rumors?

Assuming you meant to post this in the Hitman 3 thread (you're in the Game Pass thread!) but, to quickly answer the question, I think IOI have said that this is the last game in this 'trilogy' of Hitman games and it's the last Hitman game for a while. They're off to make Bond.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Count me in with the people who've been waiting for desperados 3. I got so close to buying it over the Christmas sale.

I've only heard good things and loved playing games like commandos and hidden and dangerous as a kid. It would be great if they added touch controls to the cloud version. I'm not sure why they don't use the generic overlay as touch controls for every game on cloud.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
god i feel like a fucking chump buying Control UE with all that DLC I didn't really wanna play after beating the game.

thank you, Game Pass. I'll try out Medium and Desperados 3

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Also if anyone realized, they low key changed the cloud tags from "Android" to "Cloud"...so possibly coming to iOS/PC soon? Because before this the other Game Pass announcements said Android instead of just Cloud

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
And for someone who played just yakuza 0, what game should I play next that will be on game pass?

Kiwami. That's the next game chronologically and also the game they realised next after Yakuza 0.

It's a remake of PS2 game Yakuza 1 so you'll feel the difference coming off of 0 (a much newer game). It's more serious. The series hadn't fallen into the clearly humourous side of it quite so much at that point. But it's still great!

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Also if anyone realized, they low key changed the cloud tags from "Android" to "Cloud"...so possibly coming to iOS/PC soon? Because before this the other Game Pass announcements said Android instead of just Cloud
Yes it was already the case with the previous drop. The Xbox Wire article still talks about Android, but the picture now shows "cloud" wich is a lot better. xCloud support on iOS/PC is scheduled for spring 2021.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

They've been using "Cloud" since around the end of 2020.
But it is kind of shocking that it's not up and running on Windows yet.

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Phew, 7 games extra for me to play! Hopefully the Yakuza games stay on there for a looong time. Still playing kiwami 2, and no intention to rush. I'm beginning to have a weird kind of fomo, want to play so much, but there is no time!

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yeah, Desperados III.

Was hovering around that game for a while. Super excited!

PC Game Pass is pretty amazing for strategy games.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Question:
Is there a way to stream the games in my Xbox (like I do with PS Now) instead of having to download/install?

It's super handy to try games out when I don't have much hdd free space.

But I can't seem to find how to stream besides on Android.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
For me, Gamepass is the best reason that Series X is my main console rather than PS5. Never ending backlog lol.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Kind of a bummer FF15 is leaving before all the others get on. The promise of having the whole series there playable at once seemed cool. But I guess we're getting that with Yakuza now instead. Genuinely curious how many eyes Game Pass has brought to that franchise.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
wow at desperados 3, I almost bought that for £34 on sale at xmas because the trial was soo good. Looking forward to that one especially.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Funny story about me completely misunderstanding MS with the Xbox...

I just sold my Series X because I wasn't using it much other than to play Fallout 76 and I have a One X that will play it almost just as well. The only game I was looking forward to was The Medium and I thought, oh I can just play that on my One X. I thought there weren't going to be any Series S/X exclusives for 2 years! Oops.

I do have a PC and I'll try it on that, but I guess I missed some MS communication somewhere. Now I need to see what other games will be Series S/X exclusives.

I mean, it was explicitly announced as being next gen-only lol, so I think it's more you just didn't really play attention.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Looking forward to trying Desperados 3. I bought Shadow Tactics a few months ago on PS4 and I didn't quite like it, mostly because I found playing a real time tactics on a controller difficult.

So many games, So little time 😢

Right there with you. When I was a kid I'd have never dreamed I'd have so many games available at my fingertips and yet I barely get any time to play during the week, even in lockdown.

Back in the day I'd squeeze dry any NES game I could get my hands on.