• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Daniel Johnston's best songs. Though you need to know the biography of Daniel Johnston to understand how beautifully devastatingly tragic they are.

True Love Will Find You in the End:

The Story of an Artist:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I already loved this song when I first heard it, but a few months ago, I actually broke some tears in the crescendo towards the end of it during a re-listen.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Purple Mountains, David Berman's final album. He killed himself less than 4 weeks after its release and the entire thing is like a suicide note.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
An opportunity to plug one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years.

Wistful with an Orphic timelessness.

If unfamiliar and like the single check out the album.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Electro shock blues by the eels is loaded with devastatingly sad songs.

I saw hospice by the antlers got a shout out above and I agree, the entire album is pretty crushing particularly sylvia, bear, two, and a few others. The antlers in general pump out sad music here are 2 songs from other albums

And bonus song moses sumney has an unbelievable voice and the lyrics hit incredibly hard

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Depression: The Album

A4-A715-B3-6598-459-B-AE7-B-DA9-D6484421-D.jpg

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The clouds and gray have returned to the Northwest, and the resurgence of 90's pop culture is making me feel old and depressed. In this thread we post sad music to listen to when you are bummed out. I'll start:

*edit*
Direct link since Youtube embedding is having issues apparently
https://youtube.com/watch?v=FeeRadDRgmo#

Anything by John Stamos. I kid, I kid.

Actually his cover of Forever for Full House I really like.

These are two of my go to sads...

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Speaking as someone who's been diagnosed with PTSD and clinical depression, I'd like to suggest this record:

It's sad as fuck, Lonely Press Play being one of the "highlights", but at under 50 minutes I always remember that listening to it entirely (or rather, playing it on piano/guitar) made me feel much better, it begins super depressingly, but it ends on a hopeful note, which to me is also important when you're really down..