• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well if they don't want that to happen, they should probably vote with us, huh? Why is the onus always on the progressives to fall in line and never the establishment to listen and adjust? Shit, even meet us halfway?

The party has been adjusting since 2016. Most of the candidates ran to the left of Obama, including Biden. The idea of a public option never even would have been something anyone took seriously before, and now it's considered the moderate option instead of the progressive - that's definitely a sign that the party is changing.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Areas that went red for Trump are going on bigger numbers for Biden. I'm the Democratic primary.

Trump is going to get trounced in November. None of the Hunter Biden usual boogeymen shit stuck. Old people just love Biden.

May 25, 2019
London
I said it before and I'll say it again, if Biden wins against Bernie I will vote for him just as I did with Hilary, and it does seem like that's the case, but after this I plan on never voting again. I am done with the Democratic Party and done with US elections.

After this and 2016 the democratic party and politics is dead to people my age. It seems like are elections are always about the lesser of two evils. Then when one side loses we get blamed anyway. Fuck it all.

Good to know that all it took for you to give up the fight was someone on the Internet blaming you.

Seriously, do some of you guys hear yourselves sometimes? Political progress is not quickly attained and often not satisfying. It's done in fits and starts over years and decades. Obama's presidency was a step forward. Either a Biden or Bernie presidency would be another step forward of varying degrees. The reason the US continues along at the "status quo" is that the Democrats are unable to string together consecutive presidents to maintain momentum. Everything Obama put into place has been largely unraveled because they couldn't get Hillary over the finish line.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Did my part today. This Green is feeling the Bern.

Biden is a DINO, better left in the past. Voted for Iraq War, racist past, not a good candidate for women, won't cut the defense budget which the pentagon is by far the greatest threat to global climate ever, won't help students, will veto M4A.

I'm writing in Bernie in the GE, that's my endorsement. I'm tired of this moderate BS of "we'll do it next time" when it WONT happen. "We'll cut the defense budget next time" - didn't happen, "we'll get third parties in next time" - didn't happen, "we'll help the downtrodden, have universal healthcare, free education" - didn't happen, "we'll end drone wars next time and shut down torture at guantanamo" - didn't fucking happen.

How about protecting progressive legislation of the past? A 7-2 Supreme Court will murder much of the progress that's been made AND make all the progressive legislation of the future near impossible....I've said it before...I'll say it again...people need to start seeing the forest for the trees.

Oct 31, 2017
I thought i'd vote for the eventual nominee, but I realized its largely pointless. I'm sticking to down ballot/local elections.

Biden ain't getting my support. Screw that. I'm done voting for people I don't believe in.
Okay. If we lose in November I know who to blame for 4 more years of Trump.

I'm tired of these ridiculous takes in this thread.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be voting for *any* Democrats come November at this point. I'm out of this shit party that doesn't actually give a fuck about the working class and the vulnerable like me. Asking me to vote for someone like Biden, who would cut the systems I need to not be dead on the street, is like asking me to shoot myself in the face. I've put up with their bullshit and voted for them every single time for two decades straight. I am done with that and they have lost my vote.
Who did the working class people vote for in these primaries?

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The country is no where near ready for a full on 100% Progressive candidate. We ain't there yet, and won't be for a while. What we can hope and push for is to keep chipping away in social policy and economic policy and make things fairer for everyone..

We probably won't even be ready for a progressive agenda until we're knee deep in collapse and catastrophe. Gonna be a nightmare watching the next three decades get worse before they get better...

For the record, I do not believe Bernie Sanders would have avoided this. We're doomed to this suffering long before he ran last time.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
I won't be voting for *any* Democrats come November at this point. I'm out of this shit party that doesn't actually give a fuck about the working class and the vulnerable like me. Asking me to vote for someone like Biden, who would cut the systems I need to not be dead on the street, is like asking me to shoot myself in the face. I've put up with their bullshit and voted for them every single time for two decades straight. I am done with that and they have lost my vote.

Thanks for the Trump vote.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Look.

Biden will let RBG retire. Close up the kid camps and replace RBG. I don't ask for much.

Exactly.

Bernie has a ceiling. I happened to be a part of that ceiling, but the man needed to outgrow voters like me. Young bucks that don't give a shit about capitalism. He refused to grow his base, he refused to change, his consistency is a great asset but also his greatest weakness. Like, Obama was THE MOST popular Democratic President in living history. He put states back on the map we'd been missing for decades. And yet, Bernie is out there trying to pretend that didn't happen and even attacking his work. How do you think that plays with the rest of the voters that liked Obama?

He needed to show he was ready to lead the Party, to be the frontrunner, to grow his base and he failed to do it. The results are what we see. I'm bummed as hell, but it's a bed he made.
Pretty much. You have to win to legislate. Sanders has unfortunately shown he can't win.

If they don't want the republicans to win, maybe they'll need to actually fucking listen to us then. Otherwise, that sucks. I'm done with Democrats using the right like it's some hostage negotiation.

As I've said elsewhere, can't force a person to vote. But you have to have a position with some leverage and Sanders isn't putting up the numbers to make that a case.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
People hate the angry jew who believed that better things were possible.

I think Bernie has moved the democratic party in a clear leftward direction and will play a huge rule in driving youth and latino turnout.

He also had a platform that was not broadly appealing to the democratic electorate.

It is what it is.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Biden isn't cutting entitlement programs. Republicans will.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanders cant win a Primary twice now but somehow he's going to crush Trump right? Some you guys are truly wonderful with that kind of thinking.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Dream scenario: Biden gets nomination, picks Hillary Clinton as VP. Biden defeats Trump, then dies from Coronavirus before taking office.

Hillary becomes president.

200.gif

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
What exactly is Biden cutting again??

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Kornacki talking about suburban voter turnout increases. Biden driving people to the polls like crazy.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
No matter the result kind of surprised to see the almost disdain for Bernie honestly.

I voted for Bernie here in Texas, but it's hard to deny that he changed almost nothing from his 2016 campaign and just harped on the same trite Bernie-isms that amp up the youth - who don't vote anyway - and scare the crap out of anyone who actually does.

And here we are.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is not cutting anything I don't get where the hell your getting that from. The only one cutting anything is Trump, and you are playing right into his hands. Congratulations.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
We don't all have to like each other to kick Trump out. Fuck these rich Democrats, but fuck the Republicans a hundred times worse.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I voted for Bernie here in Texas, but it's hard to deny that he changed almost nothing from his 2016 campaign and just harped on the same trite Bernie-isms that amp up the youth - who don't vote anyway - and scare the crap out of anyone who actually does.

And here we are.
Yep. I thought things were different. But I live in fucking Iowa. We were already Bernieville.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

I'm surprised to see a lot of hand-wringing online about Biden swearing at a voter who is basically making the "wahh gonna take our guns" argument. Like, if someone made that argument here they'd probably be sworn at haha, just because someone is an American or in a union doesn't make them not ignorant.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, and if trump wins, Is your situation going to get any better?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Bernie has taught you to hate the only organized vehicle that has a shot at addressing climate change. Your perspective is irrevocably fucked
This has nothing to do with Bernie, it's the fact that we have a system that is fundamentally broken. From gun policy to healthcare, there's a gridlocked system that leads to everything being nearly impossible to change. The only time anything gets passed is when it has to do with war. The political system has flaws nearly impossible to fix until seemingly everyone over 55 in Congress gets defeated, resigns, or dies. Even Bernie winning wouldn't have helped much. So far every state has stated their support for Medicare for all, every state, yet I guarantee not ever senator from those states would vote for it, let alone the fact that our candidate said he'd veto it. I thought the point of these guys was to listen to us and do what we wanted, it's all a big ass farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.