• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Sad to see Biden winning, but 10000% going to vote for him in the general. Hope he picks a good VP

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK, I hear you. As another queer person who's been at this fight for a while, gotten arrested protesting, gotten gay bashed multiple times, I've always chosen the least horrible option and literally never ever been 100% happy with my choice in a general and usually extremely disappointed. But I have always done it to move progress along in at least a small way or to block something worse from happening. I mean look at Bill Clinton. Very, very problematic Bill Clinton. He did a lot of bad. But he also brought us RBG. So I say just mourn if Sanders is out and do some self care then vote for Biden in the general if it's him. And if you won't do it for yourself, do it for some queer kid who will need help in the future <3
that's fair and people will ultimately make their own calculation. i'm not going to say fuck you or call someone a stain on humanity if they decide to vote for Biden. but I can only make this point on Clinton: people in the richest country on Earth may have got RBG, but he also bombed the shit out of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities in Sudan that caused tens of thousands of people in one of the poorest countries on Earth to die because they couldn't access medicines they urgently needed. i don't think a president Biden or Sanders will be able to push their domestic policy agenda. but they have a lot of power over foreign policy. and there is always a narrative that privileges the lives of people in first-world countries when ultimately the most important role and influence the next president will have is international and foreign policy, not domestic.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
It's because Bernie has been (correctly) identified as a weak candidate and the Republicans are on their art of war shit. Trump hasn't been all over the world looking for dirt on Bernie like he did Biden. He's "cheering" for him in twitter. Big contrast.
This is not the reason. It's because they believe they can play up a narrative that Bernie got screwed by the DNC and thus suppress voter turnout on the whole, which is how they win.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, at least it's not Pete.
TBH, I'd prefer Pete as President (not for a GE). At least his main focus for the entire campaign would solve most of our problems with new states and tackling voter suppression and he's for getting rid of the buster and court packing.

It's basically "hey, at least it's not Bloomberg" for me.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Best case scenario I see for Biden winning is that he replaces RBG with Merrick Garland (even with a Dem senate) and then he loses to Richard Spencer or whatever nazi the gop puts up in 2024. Lmao this country is fucked

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
This is incredibly disingenuous.

No. It isn't. It's been true for the past 3 decades and we both know it. When people empower the Biden's and Clinton's of the world, you're choosing to live in that status quo.

Do you really think someone with 40K of student debt is fine with waiting another 12 years until "it's time" for a progressive president?

Do you think the people avoiding life saving procedures due to financial cost are ok with waiting until "it's time"?

What about the climate then? Guess it's a great idea to have shitty plan for that eh

The right time is now. And people should be fucking pissed about the people who will suffer because of Biden.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
"If you remove millions of americans from the equation, then trump wouldve won by (the same amount we just took out) millions. "

Amazing logic.
Never mind that it moronically acts as though Trump had no votes in California, that California is just some giant block of Dem votes. He also would lose millions from his total if you just erased California.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line. I'm of the mindset that Sanders was always a losing proposition and what we are seeing with Biden would always play out as leader of the moderates. Elections are about time and place in the world. Where are we at as a country. What is our biggest goal? Removal of Trump. That's it, full stop. This is not to say Bernie and his platform are flawed but it isn't going to win a national nomination right now. Change is incremental throughout history and most people, myself included, are not trying to hear all of the pie in the sky stuff being said because it won't go over well with the masses. This election is about electability. Maybe in twenty years, with a slow escalation of policies that makes a platform like Bernie has more palatable for people to digest but you are asking people to count to ten by fives by voting for Bernie and by ones by voting for a moderate. One is a shock to the system, one is not. Most of these polls you see are a loud and vocal minority screaming about Bernie and does not represent the masses.

Even as an aside, have you ever wondered why every single gop person seems to be rooting for Bernie, why Russia wants Bernie to win the nomination?

Or even telling people to vote for Bernie in the primaries.

It's because Bernie has been (correctly) identified as a weak candidate and the Republicans are on their art of war shit. Trump hasn't been all over the world looking for dirt on Bernie like he did Biden. He's "cheering" for him in twitter. Big contrast.

Sometimes, the truth is going to end up revealing itself and smack you in the face. Instead of being mad that it smacked you, figure out why it's smacking you and move accordingly. This election is about electability. Biden is ridiculously flawed as a candidate and I'll hold my nose voting for him in November, knowing we have a chance. You won't get that same comfort with Bernie at the booth.

he wants sanders to lose so he can bang the rigged drum again and sow division likely with russia's help

strap in yall, the general is going to be a shit show

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg's camp still feels confident about being a contender for the nomination. e must think a brokered convention is still viable.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Explain to me why some Americans should not count? Scratch that, explain to me why some Americans should count more.

Explain to me why a system that, 20 years ago, ignored the will of the people and gave us Bush Jr. and his wars.

Explain to me why a system that, 4 years ago, ingored the will of the people and gave us corrupt sack of shit, donald trump.

Explain to me why this country should have minority rule, and why Bush Jr. and Trump were good things that saved us from "mob rule"

It sucks, but it's not going to change.

You need to amend the Constitution which requires 3/4 of states. Not gonna happen.

This country is held hostage by 5 states. Those are the states we have to focus on to win... And CA ain't one of them.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
With Biden as nominee it's basically a race between Trump and Not-Trump. Biden will be the "lesser of two evils" option. Whereas Bernie could actually mobilizing new and disenfranchised voters.

big fucking sigh, America is the worst

doesn't seem he actually did that. Turnout is up and Biden's winning a lot

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Do I want bernie to win? yes. will I be mad if Biden wins? No. I want trump gone. I don't want 4 more years of trump judges, rhetoric, and lack of compassion for anyone but himself. If Biden pulls off this primary nomination I do believe he really does have the best shot to win. I personally know people who would most likely not vote for bernie (most likely stay home or vote 3rd party) but would vote for Biden over trump. I'm not saying those couple random older sort of rural/suburban people are everyone but it has to mean something.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
With Biden as nominee it's basically a race between Trump and Not-Trump. Biden will be the "lesser of two evils" option. Whereas Bernie could actually mobilizing new and disenfranchised voters.

big fucking sigh, America is the worst
There, unfortunately, seems to be little evidence of that so far in this primary.

Oct 25, 2017
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Moping around for your candidate that didn't win won't help anything. Putting that energy towards getting Trump out of the White House will. All effort should be towards voting Trump out, full stop.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I voted for Bernie based purely on policy, but it's becoming crystal clear that he isn't a viable candidate. You can say it's the establishment Democrats banding together against him, but at the end of the day, it's people who are casting the votes - and he simply isn't getting it done.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
It's actually a significantly positive sign that turnout is up this much.

It's just that Bernie wishes he could energize new voters like Joe Biden. Which is something that I absolutely did not expect to be saying tonight.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Frankly, people should look at maybe America will never have progressive policies as the truth
We do have them, in the states. Many states are passing 15 dollar minimum wage bills, free college at the associate level, and so on.

When I mean America, I'm talking about national politics. It will be hard to get that consensus, even with the Democratic party as we are seeing.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think she will support Biden. Bernie has no friends, unfortunately.

She actually makes a lot of sense as a running mate for Biden, if he's picking from the primary field. She helps add some progress appeal to the ticket, while Bernie would probably need to pick a moderate to expand on his base.

Status
Not open for further replies.