• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how fucking Pavlovian of a response is this. at no point does he say HE wont vote for joe. he just says others wont want to. because plenty of others wont fucking want to and its not a privileged to acknowledge that

Nah, I absolutely won't vote for Joe Biden. I've had that position for two years now and, looking at the numbers, I think that I'm not alone.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I guess Warren's ego is too big to drop out and support Bernie. Damn shame as it would have boosted him further and we would have a clear progressive candidate vs what is now THE moderate candidate. Now votes will be splintered tomorrow and it's pretty much impossible for her to win at this point.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I do think should Biden be the nominee he would need to work to win over progressives. Relying on the "vote Blue no matter who" strategy seems risky.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
Unfounded? Scroll up just a couple of posts and you'll probably find someone expressing these sentiments that they'll stay at home if Sanders isn't the nominee

"Not an insignificant amount of Bernie supporters"

Boy howdy- I didn't realize how much a few people on an internet gaming forum represent.

But please, continue your narrative nonsense

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
As a nurse who sees dementia patients all the time, both Biden and Trump seem clearly in the early stages of dementia to me, fwiw.

Based on? I've looked after a lot of dementia patients and have worked on dementia specific wards and that doesn't qualify me to diagnose someone with dementia based on watching a few clips of them. Not sure what can be gained by armchair diagnosis like that anyway.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Turning back the clock" is appealing to many, not some. It's not a winning strategy to ignore what a significant smount of the electorate is saying. Of course a better way forward is better than returning to the status quo, but you have to acknowledge that desire head on in order to learn from it.

Not a winning strategy yet Bernie is leading the primary. Hmmm

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking gross when people try to claim Biden "has dementia" when watching him work through a stutter

Dude, he makes mistakes all the time, it's not just the stutter. Now I'm not claiming he has dementia, but this campaign is long and hard, folks that are a little over half his age have a tough time, it's going to take a toll, and he's going to keep having these lapses. I mean Joe misspoke and basically erased half the US population, gun violence took everyone out.

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that's there's a not insignificant amount of Bernie supporters ready to basically disengage with the political process entirely if he doesn't win this primary is also off-putting. Most traditional Democrats are voting for the nominee whoever it is come November but the Sanders or bust folks for me further emphasize just how potentially risky a Sanders ticket can be. If you're so upset at the possibility of Sanders losing (because people are engaging in the coalitional politics that has happened since this nation was founded) that you're willing to sit at home then Trump as president has to be an acceptable enough result for you. That also tells me you're an unreliable voter.

So if those voters are unreliable and will only vote for Bernie, but other voters are more "rational" and will basically vote blue no matter who...by definition, doesn't that mean Bernie would get more votes, and he has a better case to be the nominee? He pulls in the unreliable voters, and the reliable voters will vote blue anyway?

Like, it seems like everyone looks at "Bust" voters and gets the completely wrong takeaway from it.

On the other hand, if the idea is that Bernie would somehow turn off tons of other voters, so that they suddenly won't vote blue anymore...then why pretend like Bernie supporters are the only "Bust" voters? Why does the majority of posts and the majority of news articles pretend like this is a Bernie-specific thing?

(of course, I think the likely answer is that Bernie voters are just more online than others, and don't care about "decorum" as much, so you're more likely to hear it vocalized, lol)

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and they guy they think is the best person is an unexciting template of your standard democrat who will bring absolutely noone new to the polls. If we get Trump out of this how can we think anything other than the process has failed us?

The "they" here is the party electorate. And the person is exciting enough to bring more of them to the polls should win. There are many parts of many processes that failed to bring us to Trump. They go back for decades, no doubt, but I am not sure what else the DNC is supposed to do here other than have people vote in a primary.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do think should Biden be the nominee he would need to work to win over progressives. Relying on the "vote Blue no matter who" strategy seems risky.
Absolutely. That goes all ways. The nominee should work to bring in their opponents' voters. Maybe a Biden/Warren ticket is in order in that case, even though that's a damn old ticket. Platform changes on criminal justice reform, marijuana legalization, and some foreign policy gives are probably a get.

Dec 31, 2017
I do agree today has been a rough day but people shouldn't give up all hope this easily. The campaigns will run their course and many things can happen along the way.

And all things considered, there is a much worse choice out there still (Bloomberg).

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
The fact that's there's a not insignificant amount of Bernie supporters ready to basically disengage with the political process entirely if he doesn't win this primary is also off-putting. Most traditional Democrats are voting for the nominee whoever it is come November but the Sanders or bust folks for me further emphasize just how potentially risky a Sanders ticket can be. If you're so upset at the possibility of Sanders losing (because people are engaging in the coalitional politics that has happened since this nation was founded) that you're willing to sit at home then Trump as president has to be an acceptable enough result for you. That also tells me you're an unreliable voter.

I've voted straight D for 19 years. Every last city, county, state, and federal election. I was as reliable as it got.

I will no longer be supporting the Democrats if they put up another corporate shill like Biden who will gladly fuck the poor and disabled like me. I am okay with the party completely dying off if they refuse to actually support the working class and continue to be party over country and the rich over actual people. I will not vote for someone who would work with Republicans to gut Social Security and Medicare, systems I rely on. I am done with this nonsense and they cannot get me back with their same old shit. I will not vote for a man like Biden who would happily leave me dead on the side of the road while the rich get richer and it's absurd that anyone ask me to do so.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I seriously think everyone is going way off the deep end here about this. The moderates were always going to consolidate eventually. Bernie's fierce support is still there, and so long as Bernie trounces him in the next debate, Bernie will extend his lead further and has a solid chance of obtaining a majority of delegates.

i can't tell if people are more angry that Bernie lost the south carolina vote so handily or if the consolidation means the writing is on the wall because, once again, Bernie didn't appeal to African American voters.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
I guess Warren's ego is too big to drop out and support Bernie. Damn shame as it would have boosted him further and we would have a clear progressive candidate vs what is now THE moderate candidate. Now votes will be splintered tomorrow and it's pretty much impossible for her to win at this point.

Evidence that most Warren voters would go to Bernie?

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
"Not an insignificant amount of Bernie supporters"

Boy howdy- I didn't realize how much a few people on an internet gaming forum represent.

But please, continue your narrative nonsense
I admit it's anecdotal, a lot of politics is. But it's a sentiment I see frequently enough online to mention it. I personally don't see that many visible Sanders supporters IRL, so of course my judgement will skewed towards what I see online.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Everybody should have been preparing for a Biden nomination since last year.

Hopefully Bernie pulls it out, I'll be voting him in Florida (originally going for Warren), but I've been prepared for Biden to win for a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Like myself and posters have said before, Joe Biden's very visible change on gay marriage is the single biggest shift in the political legitimacy of the modern gay civil rights movement. Bernie can I have his "I supported gay marriage before it was cool" badge, because good for him. But that won't score him points, or give him a moral high ground, against the man who has a much more practical claim to aiding the progression of gay marriage acceptance in America.

I want to print this off, frame it and hang it on my wall.

It's art.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping Biden can continue to turn the ship. The fact that Warren won't be president is a travesty

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I've voted straight D for 19 years. Every last city, county, state, and federal election. I was as reliable as it got.

I will no longer be supporting the Democrats if they put up another corporate shill like Biden who will gladly fuck the poor and disabled like me. I am okay with the party completely dying off if they refuse to actually support the working class and continue to be party over country and the rich over actual people. I will not vote for someone who would work with Republicans to gut Social Security and Medicare, systems I rely on. I am done with this nonsense and they cannot get me back with their same old shit. I will not vote for a man like Biden who would happily leave me dead on the side of the road while the rich get richer and it's absurd that anyone ask me to do so.

Cool. You would rather have Donald Trump in office for 4 years - 4 years where he would be completely unchecked by another election. Sounds like a hill worth dying on.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Democratic Party, if this man is the nominee, you are going to lose in November. You'll lose 30% of Bernie supporters to apathy and not showing up at the polls, myself included.

5d7103dab35769420f33106371b8aa34.jpg

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to vote downticket (my rep is a solid progressive and deserves my support) but not Biden for president. I don't trust him to fight for progressive values and I share almost none of his politics.
are you in a swing state? if you're not this is fine, if you are, please reconsider the courts which will have an impact for generations. also consider the difference between even some approach to climate change vs outright denialism. consider the right to choose for women. consider queer rights if trump gets got under mike pence. think of the undocumented. the child separations. staying at home is a heavier decision that u might realize

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
The "they" here is the party electorate. And the person is exciting enough to bring more of them to the polls should win. There are many parts of many processes that failed to bring us to Trump. They go back for decades, no doubt, but I am not sure what else the DNC is supposed to do here other than have people vote in a primary.
you're right that's really all they can do right now. but going forward, they desperately need to work on their messaging. republican ideas and policies are very unpopular nationally but the absolute incompetency of the DNC fails to bring people over to them and leaves millions of people thinking that both sides are the same when that couldn't be further from the reality.

May 25, 2019
London
I'm going to vote downticket (my rep is a solid progressive and deserves my support) but not Biden for president. I don't trust him to fight for progressive values and I share almost none of his politics.

Your down ticket votes will mean jack squat when President Trump vetoes any legislation they send him.

Not sure how some people can still be this dense.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
There is no establishment conspiracy to deny Bernie the nomination. Does the Democratic establishment *hate* the idea of Bernie being our standard bearer? Probably! If Biden ends up getting the nomination, will it be because of a hypothetical establishment conspiracy? I just don't see how that could be the case. It's not an establishment conspiracy that older Black voters in South Carolina preferred Biden over Bernie by massive margins. You and I may not understand why they did, but at the end of the day they have their legitimate reasons for choosing to vote the way they did. If Biden wins, it'll be because he managed to get more people to turn out to vote for him than Bernie was able to. If Bernie can not inspire young people to come out and vote for him at the scale he says he is able to, then he doesn't deserve to win the nomination.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only Moderates are allowed to not vote or vote Red if their choice of candidate isn't selected.

This is what the mass media tells me.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are you in a swing state? if you're not this is fine, if you are, please reconsider the courts which will have an impact for generations. also consider the difference between even some approach to climate change vs outright denialism. consider the right to choose for women. consider queer rights if trump gets got under mike pence. think of the undocumented. the child separations. staying at home is a heavier decision that u might realize

Nah, my state is overwhelmingly blue. If I lived in a swing state I might feel differently.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That one win upended the race.

No. It altered the dynamic (i.e. Biden became more competitive with Bernie), that's undeniable. But it did not "upend" the race. Unless you wanna make the case for the popular vote totals? If so, you know as well as I do that it comes down to the fact that caucus states have much lower voter turnouts - one of the reasons why many want to get rid of that system. And delegate totals are still in Bernie's favor anyway.

Having 2 candidates drop out and endorse him in the same breath is what potentially upended the race. ST hasn't happened yet.

My point is that all the (actual and prospective) data we had pointed towards Bernie being a safer choice both for the Primary AND the GE. That can't be denied. 3 wins-1 loss and a significant lead in every poll are proof of that. The rest was pure posturing and rhetoric. Endorsing Biden is a bigger risk for the Primary AND the GE. But obviously if everyone and their mother, literally against all odds and sense, decides to ignore the clear frontrunner anyway, that changes things. And it's a indictment of US politicians if I ever saw one. Not that it should shock anyone at this point.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
His climate change and healthcare policies alone are a vast improvement over the status quo let alone Trump making them worse. You should probably reconsider!

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Again, it's gross you peddle this threat against people, let alone such an inflated number to "scare" folks.

I'm not voting for Joe either should it come to that. Voted for Hillary and instead of thankng Bernie supporters she blamed them. I'm not a punching bag nor the Dem Establishment's bitch. I'm in MN. -1 Dem Presidential vote if Joe is the nominee.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do agree today has been a rough day but people shouldn't give up all hope this easily. The campaigns will run their course and many things can happen along the way.

And all things considered, there is a much worse choice out there still (Bloomberg).

yeah pretty much

support bernie, vote for biden if he's the nom because obviously, and never forget that a significant portion of dems were ready to line up behind bloomberg as a not bernie option

other than that on to the next one keep it moving

Status
Not open for further replies.