• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
giphy-90.gif

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
The person in charge of camera work doesn't want to see that asshole's face.

Thank you to that person.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Jim Jordan time...time to mute this shit.
Time to mute the feed. Don't need to hear Jordan.
This is like the 3rd committee I have seen thisnfuckface on.
He's there to garner soundbites for Fox News and Blaze TV. Even his own colleagues know he's worthless, but he's good to gather red meat to get their base riled up

Fucking hell, is there ever a chance of Gym Jordan being voted out?
His district is incredibly gerrymandered to hell and back.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, Gym. The Democrats definitely wanted to sabotage their own caucus. It helped them out a lot.

Jul 13, 2020
having a lot of flashbacks here:

215539536_LJkdm-L-2.jpg

Guess gaming journalists just went into politics afterwards.

It's the shame style of never asking an actual critical question.

You do know that this is EVERYTHING that is wrong with gaming "journalism", right? Being a cynical asshole to pander to fanboys is what sucks about it and Penny Arcade back then, for that matter.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
"why aren't we doing legislation on all these other things right now, we should be on that"

Um...I think y'all already voted on that legislation months ago.

There, the Chairwoman with the correction.

Oct 25, 2017
DeJoy in high-pitched voice:

"I got background checks"

Raskin: "would you release those?"

"NO. Why would I do that?"

Is this a comedy bit?

You do know that this is EVERYTHING that is wrong with gaming "journalism", right? Being a cynical asshole to pander to fanboys is what sucks about it and Penny Arcade back then, for that matter.

The pathway of cynicism into apathy is exactly what I was referring to.

It's not a coincidence, it's a strategy to get people to stop caring about things.

Last edited:

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Republicans are really showing their asses when they start whining about people's time expiring just as some uncomfortable questions are being brought up.
I love the way they all "had perfectly good lives before this".
I had a perfectly good life before this which automatically absolves me of all wrong-doing and corruption.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
DeJoy in high-pitched voice:

"I got background checks"

Raskin: "would you release those?"

"NO. Why would I do that?"

Is this a comedy bit?

The pathway of cynicism into apathy is exactly what I was referring to.

It's not a coincidence, it's a strategy to get people to stop caring about things.

I mean, I care, I'm going to vote. But even that holy thing is now being muddied. There is no check to balance this currently. This is our process, and one side isn't participating in it. Thats all it takes. Caring only goes so far if one political party is doing everything to potentially steal an election. Civil unrest is the only other step.

The aspect that our process is failing, leaves one feeling like all you can do is watch a trainwreck.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I care, I'm going to vote. But even that holy thing is now being muddied. There is no check to balance this currently. This is our process, and one side isn't participating in it. Thats all it takes. Caring only goes so far if one political party is doing everything to potentially steal an election. Civil unrest is the only other step.

The aspect that our process is failing, leaves one feeling like all you can do is watch a trainwreck.

Nah man, Ill take this. It puts it on public record that these clowns fumble around and contradict themselves. People are always shouting "Do something!" well, when you don't have the majority, THIS is the only thing you can do. So I mean, you don't have to watch it. But the party doing literally 'All they can' to shine a light on the bullshit shouldnt be shouted down, or labled as something that shouldn't be happening. Thats silly and its literally the "apathy" the quoted poster was talking about.

Im not about that, and Im glad they aren't either. This matters. Yes people care. No we won't stop shining a light on it just because we don't currently have the seats to stop it.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017

Saying nothing matters and broadcasting your apathy only helps give others an excuse to check out of the process as well. It's not helpful. The vote on the USPS funding bill and this hearing are about all the House can do. It also can make DeJoy look ridiculous and get some play on news networks if he slips up.

Oct 25, 2017
We're back on.

I actually greatly enjoyed the reminder on the USPS's actual reason to exist (there would simply be no America without it), its position in the constitution, and the probability of jail time for messing with it.

Trump's crimes can be 'dodged' due to Nixon, crimes on the mail cannot. And I do believe DeJoy may be starting to realize this 'how fucked am I' quandary.

edit:

I have no idea who this current speaker is, but the use of the word 'conspiracy' leaves little to the imagination.
Again the question about how much money they have.

"late 2021" is DeJoy's answer to how long they can still operate. Doubt.gif

Oct 25, 2017
hey, I didn't know Jeff Daniels was in Congress!

(Mr. Rouda)

"Call Mitch McConnell" (to free the money laying on his table)
Doing alright there, Jeff. Also actual questions about the business plan.

DeJoy about being able to providing his draft of the changes to his business plan:
"Probably not"

He can't provide a draft of the business plan? :|

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
hey, I didn't know Jeff Daniels was in Congress!

(Mr. Rouda)

"Call Mitch McConnell" (to free the money laying on his table)
Doing alright there, Jeff. Also actual questions about the business plan.

DeJoy about being able to providing his draft of the changes to his business plan:
"Probably not"

He can't provide a draft of the business plan? :|

He also got him to admit he wouldn't commit to allowing them to reconnect the sorting machines, as if he knew nothing about it.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
NBC cut off to Trump just as he's saying the only way they can lose this election will be because of voter fraud. šŸ˜‘

Oct 25, 2017
He also got him to admit he wouldn't commit to allowing them to reconnect the sorting machines, as if he knew nothing about it.

For someone only in since 2018 (beat a multiterm Republican too) he definitely made a good impression.

Khanna is also doing well. Ah, we now have a number for 'how much would reconnecting cost'.
edit: oh, and now DeJoy suddenly 'hasn't gotten any funding money'