• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
My disappointed with some of the designs was never their faces honestly. Not a big deal though.

This is kind of cool though, better or not.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still wack, the face app merge someone did with Black Widow and Thor in that thread seem to be the best compromise.

p9rwg9b_d.jpg

5-E159-D09-3130-4-EB0-99-A0-E0-A45263-A6-F4.jpg
This I like.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
It just shows that the model heads and hair are too big for the face. If the heads and hair were better proportioned, the faces would look a lot better.

NazoNazoXLR

Dec 20, 2019
These look creepy, and yet, still prefer them to what's in the game.

I honestly don't know what happened there. There are countless examples of these characters looking good, in a variety of interpretations ranging from super cartoony to literally real life photography. How did S-E end up with something so... bleh?

I thought the designs in Arkham Asylum/City were roided out McFarlane Toys-ass looking overdetailed grim and grity nonsense, but I'd still take that art direction over what's going on in Avengers

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
The problem with the Avengers character models is they absolutely look like knock-off versions of the MCU. It's a terrible decision. And on top of that, the models are horribly generic and nondescript.

Make them completely different and interesting, and people would accept it. Instead, they aped the movie versions and it looks terrible.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I wish I could say that I didn't care one way or the other, but I'll be honest: I'm passing on Spooderman and buying it on PC instead in the hopes some hero modder will make a "Movie Mode" model set.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad they didn't try to use the MCU versions and likeness. Also that would have cost the game even more = less money for content and survivability.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This kind of stuff is dumb. These characters have existed before the MCU. People's obsession with them looking like the MCU versions is frankly fucking weird.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
Not the best execution of the concept, but nice try I suppose. I don't really understand what people find so terrible about the current faces, except that they are a bit generic looking maybe.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
This kind of stuff is dumb. These characters have existed before the MCU. People's obsession with them looking like the MCU versions is frankly fucking weird.

I generally agree with that, however they didn't decide to go with cartoonish, faux-hand-drawn, or otherwise "stylized" visual representations that people would naturally compare to their comic book or animated counterparts. They decided to go photo-real, so of course people are going to compare them to the only photo-real version of the characters that exists.

Like if they tried to emulate the Into the Spider-Verse visual style we'd be having a completely different conversation.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ehhhhh. As generic and boring as the original is, at least they're fairly passable this is super uncanny

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Wow, that uh, that looks a lot better to me. Maybe I'm part of the problem, but I've become so accustomed to those actors as those characters. It's weird how much more into the game I am with this modification.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Watching that video recommended this one that I think works a lot better:

Probably due to Spider-Man having more realistic faces to begin with so it's probably easier to map it.
Peter's a little weird, but it looks like a close model of him rather than the face swap it actually is.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hemsworth Thor looks good with this and that's it. The hair texture and forehead ratio ruin everyone else, especially on BW.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
Thor looks okay. Everyone else looks closer to their MCU actors but not quite all the way there.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Watching that video recommended this one that I think works a lot better:

Probably due to Spider-Man having more realistic faces to begin with so it's probably easier to map it.
Peter's a little weird, but it looks like a close model of him rather than the face swap it actually is.
Wow, I'm impressed with Mary Jane!